Please make Turkish revolutionaries immersive in Victoria III

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

withche.07

Lt. General
133 Badges
Oct 1, 2014
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Island Bound
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Empire of Sin
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
I am pretty sure Ottoman Empire will be very detailed cause of their major status in Victoria III. Please also make Turkish revolutionaries (Young Turks) under Mustafa Kemal Atatürk more detailed and dynamic. Many Turkish players will play Vic 3 just to follow that route. It was also immersive period in nation's history, many things have changed, similar to Russian Empire -> Soviet Union phase.

I don't think anyone cares about Turkish Revolutionaries. That historic event is way too specific to be coded into Victoria 3.

Victoria 2 broke down somewhere 1890-1900 with its game mechanics and historical plausibility, there is zero reason for Paradox to add immersion for one secondary power in the 1920s if the rest of the game runs wild at that point.

Even if they make an immersion pack, what is the point? You could only play Turkey after 1910 or so at which points 70 of 100 ingame years are over. And you'd have to play the Ottomans, make the same bad choices and loose a Great-War for that to happen.

Independent Turkey had demographics on par with Romania, and an irrelevant industry, I really don't see why it should get special treatment. Maybe if Paradox does a WW1 dlc for the game as it belongs into these period, but I don't really believe it.
Um, they were the third major power of the Axis in WW1. They had the second largest name on the map when the game begins. They won wars with Russia.

And Ataturk and the young turks were essential in modernizing the country and salvaging its decline after the Great War (and previous internal movements of dissent from oppression of their massive multicultural population, a perfect demonstration of the power of the POP system) had Britain break it up. If that war and the (almost exactly a hundred, interestingly enough) years before had gone a little differently, Turkey could be a very interesting superpower in the modern age.

Last edited:
I mean...
File:Territorial_changes_of_the_Ottoman_Empire_1830.jpg

File:Territorial_changes_of_the_Ottoman_Empire_1862.jpg

File:Territorial_changes_of_the_Ottoman_Empire_1882.jpg

I don't have any idea what you mean by "demographics of Romania" but they are for sure a major player of the time period. A declining power, sure, but thats what makes them interesting. You can only play UK so many times.