• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't see why they made it like Civilization in which diplomacy equals to nothing since AI will never accept any deal if it cannot massively benefit from it at your expense. It's ridiculous, not fun and pointless. This and that 10-year truce are enough to make me skip this patch, only thing I'll miss is AI not setting tech focus. Maybe Paradox will realize that this game doesn't need advice from people who play it to conquer world in the mean time.

yeah there shold be more functional changes in the windows too. now, maybe I'm an idiot and I just didn't know, but it looks like on dynasty pages and trees, even after expanding to full screen, and even after full zoom in or out, you can't scroll.

Right click and drag. It's actually extremely elegant, since it allows you to still middle click and drag the map at the same time.

I'm beginning to agree. I'm so tired of trying to find a suitable marriage math for my children. IMPOSSIBLE.

Funny, i have no trouble at all. You know there's a button for it, don't you?

Fixed a bug where AI would sometimes say "yes" to a diplomatic request?

All three of those only affect one thing: the matrileal marriage to get the best counselors in the world exploit. I don't know what sorts of diplomatic offers you are trying, but the AI is usually willing to accept offers I give, provided they like me and the offer isn't against their interests.

All these changes seem very good on first glance. My favourites:

- In order to ask for an invasion CB, you must be at peace and either have a claim on a primary title of the target's, or have fewer holdings in your realm
- AI will now change tech focus
- Revised reverse demands for CBs to make them more interesting
- Diplo AI: Will not allow matrilineal marriages with unimportant characters
- Diplo AI: Will say no to marriages that would make valuable courtiers (councillors) move
- Diplo AI: Will be reluctant to let skilled courtiers move to marry
- Diplo AI: Muted AI spam about marriages if player already declined offer
- Diplo AI: Will not declare religious wars for overseas territories that de jure belong to an independent duke or king of its own faith
- Boosted the strength of peasant rebel units by 50%
- Upped the length of truces to 10 years (from 3)
- Raised mercenary hire costs a little bit
- Flank leader damage bonus changed from 1% to 2% for each point in martial
- Rebalanced the initial situation between William, Harald and Harold

Time to try it out ingame. Thanks for the patch.

So I deleted the game and reinstalled through steam (checksum is now KUMH). Game still crashes instantly when I try to load my 1.02b savegames where I marked a character for message interest. Any way to fix beyond your vague "see the tech forum for solution"? I can't find anything in the tech forum on this subject except "wait for the next patch".

You majorly bungled this patch Paradox. Lose 100 prestige.

So I deleted the game and reinstalled through steam (checksum is now KUMH). Game still crashes instantly when I try to load my 1.02b savegames where I marked a character for message interest. Any way to fix beyond your vague "see the tech forum for solution"? I can't find anything in the tech forum on this subject except "wait for the next patch".

You majorly bungled this patch Paradox. Lose 100 prestige.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...D-(v1.03b)&p=13451536&viewfull=1#post13451536

Fortunately the 10 year truces are pretty easy to change and replace to whatever you want. The information is in Crusader Kings 2/Common/cb_types.txt. Just find and replace all the "truce_days = 3650" entries to whatever number of days you like. I used "truce_days = 1095" to get the 3 year truces back since I liked how it was previously.

So basically you're saying "sorry, you're fracked"? :)

Yeeeeah I think that deserves at least -100 prestige when the patch is auto-applied AND I have to delete the whole game and reinstall to even get the correct checksum

You can turn off auto patching on steam right?

My new checksum is TKEO, that's wrong isn't it? (automatically updated with Steam so idk how it turned out wrong)

The patch isnt perfect, but I like that matrilineals have been nerfed. It was way too easy to stock your realm with a legion of SuperAdvisors.

Fortunately the 10 year truces are pretty easy to change and replace to whatever you want. The information is in Crusader Kings 2/Common/cb_types.txt. Just find and replace all the "truce_days = 3650" entries to whatever number of days you like. I used "truce_days = 1095" to get the 3 year truces back since I liked how it was previously.

Interesting. The truce periods probably should be based on the nature and resolution of the conflict. Tribal war is at 365, all the others at 3650. Looks like a typo.

I wish there was a more balanced warscore system...more akin to an EU system where I know what score I need to achieve results. I am tired of the AI not accepting peace when I have 60, 70, 80 warscore at times. Irritating that I often have to pretty much get almost 100 (or sometimes 100 itself) to get my demands met.

- In order to ask for an invasion CB, you must be at peace and either have a claim on a primary title of the target's, or have fewer holdings in your realm

- Diplo AI: Will not allow matrilineal marriages with unimportant characters

- Boosted the strength of peasant rebel units by 50%

im okay with all points of the patch except these three.

1. maybe i misunderstand the first one though. do i need a claimant in my court or does my character need to have the claim himself? if its the latter invasion would be pointless... :(

2. i think this is a problem. especially if you try hard to have a big family and to marry them into claims (which already is a pain because you have to fight the interface, due to lack of character lists showing claims). basically "kinswomen" you try to marry off matrilinearly are now completely useless.
and yes i could just give my family titles, but i dont even have enough land to give all my family members titles. and that only works so far, as i dont know yet what exactly "unimportant" entails, maybe giving titles doesnt even help? dunno. but it made an already tedious repetitive task even more repetetive and tedious :(

3.i dont get why you even added peasent revolts... honestly, does anybody think they ever fullfill a purpose gameplay wise? you can always put them down, all they do is force me to raise levies. and if the revolted on an island where i cant raise personal levies, they just forced me to click through several provinces on that island, to raise realm levies...

its just not fun to deal with them... they dont _do_ anything o_O they are no threat, they are a nuisance, and im unhappy about this, because i dont like repeating pointless things over and over without actual gain. its called a zero sum game, and i dont like em ;/

all my whining aside: i do love ck2, i just think patch 1.03 was a little bit too compliant with people who whined (as i do) about how easy the game is, and not enough with people (as i do) who complained about missing interface features to reduce repetitive tasks over and over again.