• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really hope this dosent mean that its now like in eu3 where you have to completly destroy the ai before it would give up a single province!
From what ive seen so far in the demo and from friends playing it seems like the ai is for once willing to make peace when you beat them (they have no money and levies are depleated) even if you warscore is relativly low. I REALLY like this feature and I pray to all gods that this "bug fix" has not ruined it...ofc I can see that big countries should not surender if they still have standing armies and/or mercs, but if they are "completly beaten" as it says in the note, they really should be willing to surender even at low scores

this

mine says 1.03b but chukseum is TKEO...

- Diplo AI: Will not allow matrilineal marriages with unimportant characters
- Diplo AI: Will say no to marriages that would make valuable courtiers (councillors) move
- Diplo AI: Will be reluctant to let skilled courtiers move to marry
Fixed a bug where AI would sometimes say "yes" to a diplomatic request?

Steam Checksum: TKEO

I also have TKEO on my Steam version...

Edit: Sorry, wrote this before I read through the whole thread reinstalling fixed it.

Also:
"Fixed an issue with burgher heirs retaining burgher laws when inheriting a feudal demesne"

Awesome! I had that happen, and it was awful!

Last edited:
I really hope this dosent mean that its now like in eu3 where you have to completly destroy the ai before it would give up a single province!
From what ive seen so far in the demo and from friends playing it seems like the ai is for once willing to make peace when you beat them (they have no money and levies are depleated) even if you warscore is relativly low. I REALLY like this feature and I pray to all gods that this "bug fix" has not ruined it...ofc I can see that big countries should not surender if they still have standing armies and/or mercs, but if they are "completly beaten" as it says in the note, they really should be willing to surender even at low scores

Relax, you will probably not notice the change at all, since it was an edge case - this change only affects wars where the warscore was _below_ 20%.

Ok, this is a small thing, but when I reinstalled (to get the correct checksum in my Steam version) it changed the CoA of my family in my savegame. I'm playing the D'Hautevilles, and it's now a red and white-checkered diagonal stripe on a blue field, where it used to be gold cups.

Does this mean my Dynasty CoA DLC didn't reinstall right? Can someone give me a description of some of the 'proper' CoAs in the DLC so I can check?

Ok, this is a small thing, but when I reinstalled (to get the correct checksum in my Steam version) it changed the CoA of my family in my savegame. I'm playing the D'Hautevilles, and it's now a red and white-checkered diagonal stripe on a blue field, where it used to be gold cups.

Does this mean my Dynasty CoA DLC didn't reinstall right? Can someone give me a description of some of the 'proper' CoAs in the DLC so I can check?

This happened to me as the hungarian arpads. But, unfortunately, I can't answer your question. I don't know if the CoAs are working or not working now.

marriage and finding new courtiers seems broken now. Its almost impossible to get courtiers that are idle at their foreign court through invites or matrilineage....

The whiners started whining that this was a cheap tactic. Paradox merely answered their demands and there you have the result.

The whiners started whining that this was a cheap tactic. Paradox merely answered their demands and there you have the result.

removing a fly from a fried's head with a hatchet is not really a good tactic

EDIT: Anyway, do Steam users HAVE to reinstall even though it updated? Yeah so my cheksum is TKEO, but so what? It's still 1.03b with all the right changes

Questions on Meaning of Change Notes

It means France will only start crusading in Iberia when and if all the christian kingdoms have fallen to the heathens (which is about the best possible solution. Thanks, Paradox!)

1. Does this affect it fighting to help an ally?

2. 10 Year Truces? Does this apply for the full term to wars/crusades etc. that fizzle out inconclusively or only to those with a normal result? (It doesn't seem unreasonably long for an aggressor who failed, but does for a winning defender who wants to take his turn back.)

3. Is this right? Matrilineal marriage requests are feasible only if (a) to a recipient within your own court, or (b) if the woman requesting matrilineal marriage is "important," meaning a women with the dynasty tag of the dynasty that is making the offer (women with any other dynasty tag no matter the rank don't count as important for this)?

4. Is the "Invite to Court" option going to improve to allow offering incentives such as land, titles, cash or marriage?

5. Does the new Invasion CB holding threshold mean my total holdings must be fewer than the total holdings existing in the de jure territory the CB is for (regardless of who holds them de facto)?

Diplo AI: Fixed a bug where a completely beaten AI would surrender too easy

6. Should probably change this in the change notes to the less scary "Fixed a bug where AI with depleted levies could surrender at very low warscores" (i.e., 20% would be very low, while I would think 70% is low compared with 100% ).

Thanks for the prompt patch!

the 10 year truce thing is what worries me the most.

I'd be happy if they just fixed the Messaging System for now.

yeah there shold be more functional changes in the windows too. now, maybe I'm an idiot and I just didn't know, but it looks like on dynasty pages and trees, even after expanding to full screen, and even after full zoom in or out, you can't scroll.

You guys should at least make 'Invite to Court' a bit more likely to succeed. Give a boost to odds for anyone within your lands, or reduce the "No reason to move" penalty a bit. And show the red/green thumbs on the character search panel. Right now its a bit frustrating.

You guys should at least make 'Invite to Court' a bit more likely to succeed. Give a boost to odds for anyone within your lands, or reduce the "No reason to move" penalty a bit. And show the red/green thumbs on the character search panel. Right now its a bit frustrating.
+1
We should be able at least to invite talented people who are unemployed in their country. Maybe promise them some money or title. Right now "invite to court" seems to be a useless button.