• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wish there was a more balanced warscore system...more akin to an EU system where I know what score I need to achieve results. I am tired of the AI not accepting peace when I have 60, 70, 80 warscore at times. Irritating that I often have to pretty much get almost 100 (or sometimes 100 itself) to get my demands met.

I think it's balanced around getting 100% in order to enforce your peace deal. Getting 100% in CK2 is much, much easier than in EU3. In EU3 you have to occupy them fully, while in CK2 only partly, and usually only a few counties at most. Large battles count for more too.

yeah, f.e if you fight for only 1 county you can get 100% warscore if you occupy that county for long enough and win few battles
you don't need to occupy whole kingdom (that way I won against a golden horde, 3 provinces occupied, dig in, wait)

So I deleted the game and reinstalled through steam (checksum is now KUMH). Game still crashes instantly when I try to load my 1.02b savegames where I marked a character for message interest. Any way to fix beyond your vague "see the tech forum for solution"? I can't find anything in the tech forum on this subject except "wait for the next patch".

You majorly bungled this patch Paradox. Lose 100 prestige.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?585417-crash-when-loading-save-games

Interesting. The truce periods probably should be based on the nature and resolution of the conflict. Tribal war is at 365, all the others at 3650. Looks like a typo.

No, it's not a typo. The Mongols should not be limited by long truces.

Very much overkill, it'd take 150 years to take merely Asia Minor back which was lost in 10 years. Sounds like it's going to be very boring now..

Remember that truces are between characters. When you ruler dies, the truce goes away.

2. 10 Year Truces? Does this apply for the full term to wars/crusades etc. that fizzle out inconclusively or only to those with a normal result? (It doesn't seem unreasonably long for an aggressor who failed, but does for a winning defender who wants to take his turn back.)

Defenders are never bound by truces, only attackers.

I know that fixing bugs is a key task but making the savegames incompatible really kills my buzz- I really like to play those long ones and my current game was almost 100 years- I finally started having real fun as Pecheneg duke of Wallachia and Crimea. Well... back to the drawing board then.

I know that fixing bugs is a key task but making the savegames incompatible really kills my buzz- I really like to play those long ones and my current game was almost 100 years- I finally started having real fun as Pecheneg duke of Wallachia and Crimea. Well... back to the drawing board then.

Save games are only incompatible if you used the message interest setting. If they crash on load, you can manually fix them. Read this:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?585481-Known-Issues-and-Solutions-to-them.

Noticing a couple of weird things with the Steam version.

1. While my checksum is correct on game launch, if I resign a game the checksum changes. Starting a new game and resigning again brings back the correct checksum, but then another resignation will give me another different incorrect checksum again.

2. I'm still getting the "install every time you start the game" bug.

Noticing a couple of weird things with the Steam version.

1. While my checksum is correct on game launch, if I resign a game the checksum changes. Starting a new game and resigning again brings back the correct checksum, but then another resignation will give me another different incorrect checksum again.

2. I'm still getting the "install every time you start the game" bug.

Conserning 1. there is an issue related to starting a multiplayer game after you've resigned. I you want to play multiplayer, just do it from a fresh start. Other than that, the changing checksum is not a problem.

Thanks for the very good patch.
Best PI release so far...

Changes are fine and even savegame works!

One Question/Suggestion:

Will it be possible for the next patch, to teach the ai not to send dozens of <50men-armies constantly?
It's the only part which really kill the fun because of minor armies keeps spamming and besieging holding they cannot win.

I had a really good fight with Sicily against Tunis and Tripolitana, I was nearly defeated but then i won a decisive battle.
I let my levys reinforce but the ai spams about 25 invasions with less than 100 men.
Of course they all got slaughtered...

If the ai had wait a bit and had group these pieces of silly small armies together, i would be defeated...

So please is there any way of fix this, so the ai only send armies with men>X or the ai should know when the army is to small to win any siege...

My new checksum is TKEO, that's wrong isn't it? (automatically updated with Steam so idk how it turned out wrong)

it is wrong as it is supposed to be KUMH, but mine is also TKEO and im not having any problems, im also on steam and the script to run microsoft visual redistributable still runs for a sec before the game starts.

peasent revolts... honestly, does anybody think they ever fullfill a purpose.....? you can always put them down, all they do is force me to raise levies. and if the revolted on an island where i cant raise personal levies, they just forced me to click through several provinces on that island, to raise realm levies...

its just not fun to deal with them... they dont _do_ anything o_O they are no threat, they are a nuisance, and im unhappy about this, because i dont like repeating pointless things over and over without actual gain.

You're sounding like a true King of the times.I'm sure they felt exactly the same :p