• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A couple questions about education:
Will the child get the level of education based on his/her and his/her guardian traits?
For example, will a craven child sent to a martial guardian get the same chance to get a level 4 martial trait than a brave child?

And another one. If you send your kid to a martial guardian for 9 years and to a diplomacy guardian for 1 year, what education trait will the child receive?

Will kingdoms like the Kingdom of Sicily leave the Eastern Roman Empire after 100 years?

My understanding is that only ducal-level titles drift, presumably to either Kingdoms or Empires, but possibly only to Kingdoms.

Actually this is probably going to be something Ill have to test in game to fully understand the mechanic. I'm sure it largely works like EU3 cores, but what-can-drift-to-what is brand new code.

Brythonia was such a cool name... RIP.

Indeed. I found it much more suitable for kicking the Saxons and Normans out of Britain.

My understanding is that only ducal-level titles drift, presumably to either Kingdoms or Empires, but possibly only to Kingdoms.

Actually this is probably going to be something Ill have to test in game to fully understand the mechanic.

Yeah, they weren't exactly clear on that. The lack of Q&A response on the patch diaries like we had with the pre-release ones was a bit disappointing, but I suppose they were on a tight schedule to get the DLC and the patch out by today.

Which they will, right?

Well the two main titular kingdoms were Galicia and Navarra but both are now de jure. I think most of the titular titles are held by Muslims.

If you look at later start dates there are a couple more of them around. Cyprus, one with a cool name in Sicily, etc.

Yes, this is a clear upside for expansionism. Non-Agnatic realms will be ripe for the taking. The HRE and France are Agnatic but this could work against Byzantium to name only one juicy target.

(*waves at Dominus* A bit scary the overlap between here and AH.com :D )

Cannot wait to start carving up the map. PS, who are you on AH.com?

Looking good! Can't wait to try it...

Will the patch be released for steam too? I imagine it will, and how about the dlc?

You know for someone like myself, who loves all types of games, Pardox has stepped up and become my favorite developers by far. Damn good job you guys.

The patch will be out in about hour and a half in Steam with the DLC. This is when they update their servers and add new items and patches.

Most changes look promising, great even, but I do have a few doubts.

The 100 yrs de jure drift of duchies from one de jure liege to another de jure liege; will this always happen after 100 yrs or can this happen after 100 yrs. This wasn't that common, so any date between 100 and 400 yrs would have been better and it shouldn't be a certainty. OTOH as long as this is moddable, then it is fine I guess.

Furthermore I agree on not giving Bastards pressed claims, but the inheritance rights of women should depend on in heritance laws (certainmly under agnatic-cognatic and cognatic) and I would rather not have seen this change.

Empires being able to create kingdoms, will that be all kingdoms, or will the Byzantine Empire and the Holy Roman Empire get some limitations?

OTOH I for instance really like the possibility to create titular titles, joining wars, the new crusade system and the possibility to attach armies.

The patch will be out in about hour and a half in Steam with the DLC's. This is when they update their servers and add new items and patches.

Will the time frame be similar for those of us that use gamersgate? I was kinda hoping to get ahead of those Steam guys...

Empires being able to create kingdoms, will that be all kingdoms, or will the Byzantine Empire and the Holy Roman Empire get some limitations?

I assume its all (and the fact theyre preventing the Kingdom of Byzantium from being created suggests everything else is up for grabs, was likely done to avoid being e_byz and k_byz at the same time, which would have looked silly)

However you can script limitations easily in landed_titles.txt by adding a requirements line (like the one that makes Andalusia creatable my Muslims only) and use "NOT = ()" brackets to specify restrictions, either to rank = emperor or title = e_byz/e_hre.