• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I didn't notice anything about it in the patch notes, but does anyone know if they fixed the bug with the sow dissent mission not giving any notification to the player?

I predict many players starting wars for their wife's claims and white peace'ing out of the war, so that their sons can inherit...

Fun!

I was thinking the same actually, and its a little silly, Ill admit.

OTOH the white peace'ing isn't really required. If you're in a position to press the mother's claim, you can just go through with it and put her on the throne if your goal is just to spread your dynasty. If you actually want to have direct ownership of the land (assuming you have an higher title) the white peace thing might become necessary, which makes little sense.

And fully Agnatic Kingdoms are harder to take over than before for sure, now.

Basically this makes mindlessly claiming stuff easier but dynasty planning harder. I also note the patch doesnt seem to have squashed the issue with inviting a claimant, making him Baron of Nowhere, Cyrenaica, and then pressing his claim to Poland and getting to keep the place because its King is already your vassal. This makes Imperial-level expansion too easy.

OTOH the white peace'ing isn't really required. If you're in a position to press the mother's claim, you can just go through with it and put her on the throne if your goal is just to spread your dynasty. If you actually want to have direct ownership of the land (assuming you have an higher title) the white peace thing might become necessary, which makes little sense.

Basically this makes mindlessly claiming stuff easier but dynasty planning harder. I also note the patch doesnt seem to have squashed the issue with inviting a claimant, making him Baron of Nowhere, Cyrenaica, and then pressing his claim to Poland and getting to keep the place because its King is already your vassal. This makes Imperial-level expansion too easy.

Actually, you can just go ahead and put her on the throne either way -- her heir will be your children, who will also be your heir.

Wait, "Children now always get the education type of their guardians"?

That's a bit disappointing. I was hoping at least that the "court" educations (Stewardship, Diplomacy, Intrigue) would be grouped together, like in CK1. I don't want to have absolute control over how my children end up.

Actually, you can just go ahead and put her on the throne either way -- her heir will be your children, who will also be your heir.

Thats only if youre married to her yourself.

Most times in this scenario I'd marry the female to a simply dynast, knowing that once I pressed her child's claim (who would also be my dynast assuming a regular marriage), the claimant would become my vassal by virtue of being a dynast. Obviously that only applies when claiming a lower title than your own, but I generally end up with one of the two Imperial thrones early enough.

But since you can now press your own claim in any kingdom you have, it would maximize your claim wars effectiveness to find brides with equal or higher tier claims and marry them. Winning their claim war sends them away, in that case. Waiting until your son gets her claim allows you to now press his (your) claim and, as him, fill out the rest of the de jure kingdom/empire.

But since you can now press your own claim in any kingdom you have, it would maximize your claim wars effectiveness to find brides with equal or higher tier claims and marry them. Winning their claim war sends them away, in that case. Waiting until your son gets her claim allows you to now press his (your) claim and, as him, fill out the rest of the de jure kingdom/empire.

Yes, this is a clear upside for expansionism. Non-Agnatic realms will be ripe for the taking. The HRE and France are Agnatic but this could work against Byzantium to name only one juicy target.

(*waves at Dominus* A bit scary the overlap between here and AH.com :D )

Wait, "Children now always get the education type of their guardians"?

That's a bit disappointing. I was hoping at least that the "court" educations (Stewardship, Diplomacy, Intrigue) would be grouped together, like in CK1. I don't want to have absolute control over how my children end up.

I don't think you have it. They could still end up being a underhanded rogue for example. Also education traits are not the whole picture of the stats (i had a ruler who was a genius and had the worst education level) and still had great stats. Also you won't have control over the traits they could get.

Yeah but, till today, you could get a claim to a more powerful kingdom and continue expanding your way. You knew in some decades you'll be warring them. I mean, it made it more easy to just wait for your opportunity: you being bigger now, or they're having internal wars or whatever.

Now it's not that easy in the sense you could marry a high tier title holder's daughter but you must declare war to him and get the white peace. It's not that easy. I mean, it could be a 30% war score to get it, you could get crashed.

Well the two main titular kingdoms were Galicia and Navarra but both are now de jure. I think most of the titular titles are held by Muslims.

Kingdom of Venice, for sure... Let's see...

Well, Galicia and Navarra are now de jure, so they're out.

Other titular kingdoms in the files are Cumans, Nubia, Cyprus, Naples, Qarakhnids, Trinacria, the Seljuks and their successor Sultanates (Rum, Ottomans, etc.). Not sure which ones will have scripted capitals, if any.

Kingdom of Venice, for sure... Let's see...

Well, Galicia and Navarra are now de jure, so they're out.

Other titular kingdoms in the files are Cumans, Nubia, Cyprus, Naples, Qarakhnids, Trinacria, the Seljuks and their successor Sultanates (Rum, Ottomans, etc.). Not sure which ones will have scripted capitals, if any.

My understanding is that anytime an entire Kingdom gets subsumed into another due to De Jure 100-yr drift, its old k_title will also become titular.

At that point, the old capital owner can probably usurp it as long as the holder isnt in the same realm.