• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hallsten

Hairloss Ninja
36 Badges
Mar 17, 2001
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 200k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
Welcome to Hallsten's Unified HOI2 and HOI2 Doomsday Generator Utility (HUDDGU)!
This is a Windows frontend for my old command-line based leader, minister and tech team generators.
The generated output is fully compatible with HOI2/HOI2DD/HOI2DD:ARM.

--beta 1.0-------------------------------------

-First release.
-Will random-generate land-, sea- and air-leaders of all flavours except Old Guard.
-Will random-generate ministers with traits and start-year for a user
specified amount of user-specified political alignments
-Will random-generate a specified amount of
tech-teams of the following kinds:
  • Naval technology
  • Air technology
  • Land technology
  • Computer-/Encryption-/Radar technology
  • Nuclear technology
  • Rocketry
  • Naval doctrine
  • Air doctrine
  • Land doctrine

--beta 1.1-------------------------------------

-Fixed a bug that made the program unusable. Note that beta 1.0 WILL NOT WORK!

--beta 1.2-------------------------------------

-Exported tags to a separate file
-Randomisation was tweaked for increased performance
-Added a customisable offset to the years of all generated tech teams/leaders/ministers

--beta 1.3-------------------------------------

-Small interface tweak to avoid confusion

-----------------------------------------------

The leader-generator will need a list of names looking like this:
Code:
Rommel
von Manstein
Guderian

The minister-generator will need a list of names looking like this:
Code:
Erwin Rommel
Erich von Manstein
Heinz Guderian

The tech team-generator will need a list of names looking like this:
Code:
N_T;Blohm & Voss
A_T;Heinkel Flugzeugwerke
L_T;Mauser Werke
COM;Konrad Zuse
IND;I.G. Farben
ROC;Wernher von Braun
NUK;Werner Heisenberg
N_D;Erich Raeder
A_D;Ernst Udet
L_D;Erich von Manstein

The abrevations mean the following:
L_T: Land tech
N_T: Naval tech
A_T: Air tech
COM: Computer-/Encryption-/Radar tech
NUK: Nuclear tech
ROC: Rocket tech
IND: Industrial tech
L_D: Land doctrine
N_D: Naval doctrine
A_D: Air doctrine

Please post here, or PM me, ANY recommendations/requests/questions you might have. The generator still is a little rough around the edges and any comments on how to improve it would be very much appreciated!
I'll also appreciate any comments on how to balance it better...

For download, see attachment.

Attachments

• HUDDGUb1.zip
    444,6 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Brilliant. This baby will come in handy when I'll do some modding.

ztanz said:
Any updates coming?
Is there anything you want updated?
ztanz said:
(and the download isn't working)
works for me...are you sure? :confused:

Tskb18 said:
Works for me. (Using Firefox browser).
good, thanks...
Tskb18 said:
Oh, and thanks for the nifty widget!
you're welcome...nice to see that it's being put to use... :)

I'm confused.

I want to make random leaders and have a list of names in a .txt file, in the same format as in your example txt (Name1 [next line] Name2 ...). However it always says "0 Leader Names Available". Also, I seem to only be able to click on one button per session. I can click on "Load Leader Name List" or "Select Output File" but once that's done, furthermore clicking will not register at all.

Coda A27 said:
I'm confused.

I want to make random leaders and have a list of names in a .txt file, in the same format as in your example txt (Name1 [next line] Name2 ...). However it always says "0 Leader Names Available". Also, I seem to only be able to click on one button per session. I can click on "Load Leader Name List" or "Select Output File" but once that's done, furthermore clicking will not register at all.
Bug squashed and problem solved. I used different (untried) compilation settings when I compiled that version, but I've taken care of that now...
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for you help... :)

Hallsten said:
Bug squashed and problem solved. I used different (untried) compilation settings when I compiled that version, but I've taken care of that now...
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for you help... :)

Thank you, it works splendid now. (I also realized the problem myself when I couldn't copy over/delete your .exe with the new one - there were half a dozen instances running in Task Manager! :)

This isn't directly related to your mod, but I'm curious - is one able to mod in leaders after a game has already started? I tried copy & pasting the new leaders to the .csv file but (predictably) it wasn't found in the already started load game for that country. Would you know how I would be able to implement them in?

Coda A27 said:
Thank you, it works splendid now. (I also realized the problem myself when I couldn't copy over/delete your .exe with the new one - there were half a dozen instances running in Task Manager! :)

This isn't directly related to your mod, but I'm curious - is one able to mod in leaders after a game has already started? I tried copy & pasting the new leaders to the .csv file but (predictably) it wasn't found in the already started load game for that country. Would you know how I would be able to implement them in?
Yes, the program writes to a command-box by default, but since the box is not there the whole program hangs in a nasty way. Since I've been running the program WITH a command-box when I've written it I've not encountered that problem... :wacko: :eek:o
Anyway, thanks for helping me find and squash that bug... :)

The .csv-files are read only when a new game is started, so if you want to mod in new leaders in a saved game you have to do that in the save-file. Since the save-file layout is completely different you can't use the generator's output without completely rewriting it...

soonerborn0524 said:
I just found this. Amazing; it is a big help for me. Thanks for making it.
Nice to see it's being appreciated... :)
Coda A27 said:
I would just like to say that a future crop of amazing generals will fight the good fight - especially when a few of the Mj. Generals have two or three traits! Oh yeah!
Knowing what fun it is to have über-generals I naturally had to include them, even though there might be too many of them sometimes. The skill/trait composition is averaged based on the leader-statistics of the major countries, so it's not too well balanced... :rolleyes: :D

Im new to HOI in general (been playing for only a few weeks) but i want to add me and my friends in to the game as Canada, ive got it to work for tech teams but it wont accept my Ministers, ah well.

Nice editor though, allowed me to quickly generate a random list of minister traits etc. Good work

Last edited:
Kralle18 said:
Hi.. I'm quite new to this... what must i write when the minister generator asks "What is the name of the file where the minister names are found?"
The generator wants a file with the names of the ministers that are to be generated. Just write a few names (one per line), save it as a plain .txt-file and open it in the generator... Check the first post in the thread for more info, ask again if you still have questions... :)