• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1- C/Program files/steam/SteamApps/common/darkest hour a hoi game/Mods/Darkest Hour Full/db/tech/teams/teams_spa.csv.
2- I opened the file with open office calc
3- Modified the file like the pic: spatech.jpg
4- Go to C/Program files/steam/SteamApps/common/darkest hour a hoi game/Mods/Darkest Hour Full/gfx/interface/pics.
5- I put the pic file of the tech team with the name: 100687.bmp. See upper pic, and you will see that I wrote the same number in both picsCJD.jpg
6- Go to Steam and launch Darkest Hour.
7- Started a new game.

Note: I tried to play with republican spain and i dont have the new tech team, but at least i can use the vanilla tech teams.

Thanks for your support :)

If you know that no-one is going to use a model, Can you leave the picture out? SO you don't need to make each model picture?

A couple of questions;

Can i ask, is it possible to make units for the game;
Is it possible to add unit advances (i.e if I wanted to create cavalry 1990).
If you cannot add units, is it possible to make it impossible for any other countries to make the unit advance Cavalry 1990 or research the tech for it, but enable me to add cavalry 1990 to the game via a decision or the starting scenario.

A couple of questions;

Can i ask, is it possible to make units for the game;Not yet
Is it possible to add unit advances (i.e if I wanted to create cavalry 1990).yes,just add it at the bottom.
If you cannot add units, is it possible to make it impossible for any other countries to make the unit advance Cavalry 1990 or research the tech for it, but enable me to add cavalry 1990 to the game via a decision or the starting scenario.Not that I know of but you can stop nations from building it by changing it's ai.

The Answers are in bold.

Nope sorry. Not until 1.3 comes out and maybe you can do something about it.

Fairly simple question, though I doubt it will have a simple answer. I got a mod the other day and this mod tapping the spacebar will pause the game. Brilliant idea in theory, however when attempting to play online and type messages all you end up doing is pausing and unpausing repeatedly and throwing out a message that is one massive word. Is there a work around for this, or perhaps someone could tell me how to change the hotkeys?

I think it could be in the Buttons.txt, where It is I do not know though.

What is the command to make a resource appear in a random province?
Code:
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = X where = [energy/metal/oil/rare_materials] }

Obviously, you choose only one of them per time. Keep in mind that is a random province for the country that receives the event.
It doesn't seems to be a version for manpower thought

Code:
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = X where = [energy/metal/oil/rare_materials] }

Obviously, you choose only one of them per time. Keep in mind that is a random province for the country that receives the event.
It doesn't seems to be a version for manpower thought
Thanks! :D

In my modding endeavours it seems like states without the possibility to strategic redeploy still do so when under AI-control. Any idea on how to fix it?

In my modding endeavours it seems like states without the possibility to strategic redeploy still do so when under AI-control. Any idea on how to fix it?

Try this: open the country's AI file, and find the following line:

max_redeploying = X

I think setting the value of 'X' to zero should do the trick.

It does not seem to work. Russia (in my case) still redeploy troops against Japan even though they lack the tech for it, and max_redeploying = 0. :/

Im in the middle of overhauling the naval units and brigade system and naval tech to make it more in line with late cold war/modern naval forces so others can implement it into their games. Im pretty much done with a working version however all the naval brigade pictures are now different to what i have them set as.

i.e. i have frigates armed with "Anti-Ship Missiles" but the brigade picture is a torpedo and i cant find the bloody pictures to change it.

So the question is where are the little green and blue brigade pictures located, i cant find them in the gfx folder.

Help with this would really be appreciated.

Thanks - Neil