• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
What is the most probable reason why a mod would CTD at the score screen, upon surrender/resignation? I haven't redefined the Axis, Allies or Comintern at all. The only in-game change is that Canada usually becomes a puppet of the UK at some point, but that's event-driven and I don't see how that could cause a scorekeeping error.

savedebug.txt says nothing's amiss, but given that there's a CTD that can't be right.

Possibly related to my previous question, what exactly does it mean when savedebug.txt says "Event number 3003070 maybe lost !". Event 3003070 in this case being an AI-related event in AI_other.txt, which I haven't even touched in my own little project yet. Can it be the cause of any CTD problems? How do I make the error message go away?

Misplaced troops ought to be automatically redeployed, though, right? Hm... I'll definitely go through recently-changed scenario files and see if I can spot anything. Thank you for that info.

You might have troops from a tag that doesn't exist somewhere.
The only tag I've removed from the start of the scenario is USA, and all references to them have been removed from the scenario file. There shouldn't be any unit ID repeats either, since DH would note that in the savedebug.txt file and as it loads the scenario file.

Last edited:
And the name and flag of a country, while keeping everything else the same?
That can be done via the commands "type = name" and "type = flag_ext", such as
Code:
command = { type = name where = CAN which = "Ontario" }
command = { type = flag_ext where = CAN which = "_ONT" }
"type = name" simply changes the country's name without changing the tag, and the flag_ext command sets the country's flag to [TAG][flag_ext] in the gfx folder.

"Type" and "id" don't mean much aside from being a way to assign a unique identification for each unit in a scenario. They can be any value (or any value less than 50000, I think) as long as they aren't repeating a value that's already being entered in so far. I ususually add in new things starting with type =12345 id = 1, and going on to id = 2, id = 3, etc. and so forth from there; that sequence isn't in vanilla DH, as far as I'm aware.

As for determining what model number is responsible for what model type? I go into the unit files (db/units) and look up each unittype as I need it, but I'm sure there's a more efficient way out there.

What do you mean by land-sea?
I'm assuming it's stuff like the Istanbul-Izmit connection across the Bosphorus? There's a file in the map folder named "adj-defs.csv". It has entries like
Code:
From;To;Type;Through;Comment
409;439;Sea;397;# Istanbul-Izmit

Seems straightforward enough to edit and add to.

From savedebug.txt:
Code:
	ERROR : Database Mismatch (type = 20000 / id 7 ) already used! [Dynamic]
	ERROR : Database Mismatch (type = 20000 / id 8 ) already used! [Dynamic]
	ERROR : Database Mismatch (type = 20000 / id 9 ) already used! [Dynamic]
	ERROR : Database Mismatch (type = 20000 / id 10 ) already used! [Dynamic]
	ERROR : Database Mismatch (type = 20000 / id 11 ) already used! [Dynamic]
	ERROR : Database Mismatch (type = 20000 / id 12 ) already used! [Dynamic]
[Dynamic]? How the devil am I supposed to fix this?

Also, how can I find out more details about this complaint:
Code:
	ERROR : Unknown minister loyalty: High
Because I don't even know how to comb through the minister files for that one.

Last edited:
But what am I looking for with the 'High' unknown minister loyalty? That's a legit minister loyalty, I thought, and it's in practically all of the minister files. So what am I even looking for there?

A couple possibly-related questions:
  • Where are the definitions for regions and areas in a map saved?
  • What program should be used to open up .tbl files?
  • After trying to track down the location of area/region definitions and trying to suss out .tbl files without bothering to check anywhere, units in-game no longer show their appropriate picture for models (e.g. 1933 interceptors now use the generic 1910 recon plane ill_div image). What did I break and how do I fix it?

Is there any way to add additional colors to DH, for countries and the like? I added a 'UserColor7' entry to colorscales.csv, but it doesn't show up in-game when I assign it to a present country.