• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you think there's merit in merging them, I'm perfectly happy to let people have a back and forth and state their viewpoint. If people feel it would better serve with them merged together, then merge them by all means. I just want the majority to be able to use these threads (or this thread) as a resource and a question bank.

.I just want the majority to be able to use these threads (or this thread) as a resource and a question bank.

I've got a couple of questions,
I) how do I stop mods from making multiple autosaves, gives me the shits really. Rather than just autosave and oldautosave some mods have one for every month of play and no over-writes
II) I'm trying to make a "For the women and children!!" decision when your country is about to die militia magically appear (emulating the Werwolf and Volksturm) and for all nations. Not sure how to go about that... Any help would be fantastic.
III) How do I add my own techs? I know how to do draw up parameters (.txt) for the techtree but the buttons and button placement are proving a problem...

Last edited:
For your first question, AC gave me this response:

"Misc.txt value, yes."

Not sure what that means. I found the autosave parameters under the Misc text file, but couldn't find anything related to saving each autosave separate saved file.

If you can figure it out please let me know.

EDIT:

Here's the solution....

The game makes so many automatic savegames (named AutoSave_Country_Year_Month_Day), and does not delete old ones, how can i turn this off?
In DH, the autosave format was changed to retain old autosaves, if chosen. That's intended behavior for AAR, and helps you going back to a previous date in your game, and is very handy for bug reporting. If you really need to limit the number of savegames, you can always revert to the old behavior, by setting the following line in <DH>/mods/<aarmod>/db/misc.txt.
Code:
# Use new auto-save file format: AutoSave_Country_Year_Month_Day.eug. 1 - Enabled, 0 - Disabled.
0 # AAR has this set to 1

Last edited:
What command do you use to trigger an event x amount of days after the event that triggers it?

What command do you use to trigger an event x amount of days after the event that triggers it?
This is from the"event command.txt" file:
Code:
type = event which = [event id] where = TAG/-1(current country) when = [delay](in days) 
	# Trigger [event id] for country TAG or for the current country [delay] days later. 
	# If there is no delay set or it is 0 (when = 0), then the event is instantly executed.
	# Limitations: 
	#	Queued events should use the same format as events that are called directly form another event (no date and offset, no trigger etc.)
	#	If the country does not exists or ceases to exist before the execution of the event, then this event might not trigger at all
	# Save-game format (in globaldata { … }): queued_events = { event = { tag = TAG  id = EVENT_ID hour = Remaining hours until triggering } … }

i created a new nation, fixed the revolt.txt, created the minister, leaders and the tech teams. i put them in their rispective folders but when i free the nation no minister, tech teams and leaders appear

i created a new nation, fixed the revolt.txt, created the minister, leaders and the tech teams. i put them in their rispective folders but when i free the nation no minister, tech teams and leaders appear
Have you listed the new files into the minister.txt, leaders.txt and teams.txt files??

In the Policy_effects you can change the rules and what each slider does. Try looking in there. You can get rid of the Moblisation slider by changing it perpose, then you can edit the Manpower rate in Misc.txt

In the Policy_effects you can change the rules and what each slider does. Try looking in there. You can get rid of the Moblisation slider by changing it perpose, then you can edit the Manpower rate in Misc.txt

Ty Supeerme but i don't want disable the slider but, like in Kaiserreich, use the old ManPower System of the old HOI2. Is this possible ? And how i can do that ?

How can i disable the mobilization system in a porting of an old mod ? I want put the old MP system(cause i've several problem with the AI).
Thank you.

You may notice in the DH ai files, across the top, you can get MOB1, MOB2....
The large countries go all the way to MOB5 or 6
The smaller countries go sometimes to 2 or 3

I would imagine that if you remove this MOB stuff, it will not mobilize in the new dh way?

... and maybe your old MOB ai events don't have this stuff on the top?
You'll have to separate out all the new dh ai events from the old ones you have. ???

You may notice in the DH ai files, across the top, you can get MOB1, MOB2....
The large countries go all the way to MOB5 or 6
The smaller countries go sometimes to 2 or 3

I would imagine that if you remove this MOB stuff, it will not mobilize in the new dh way?

... and maybe your old MOB ai events don't have this stuff on the top?
You'll have to separate out all the new dh ai events from the old ones you have. ???

So,novapaddy i try to explain (in my poor english :( )
I make a porting of an old mod for personal use only (at the moment) and i've take some ai file from DH Full 1914 scenario, i.e. Austria-Hungary.
My A-H has only 540 MP at the start of game and don't mobilize during the game (in wartime obviously). So i want disable the DH's Mob System and i want to put the old HOI2's MP System with the slider enabled (and Supeerme indicate me the Policy_effects file) and the total amount of manpower at the start of game, like in Kaiserreich. Do you think just remove the MOB stuff on the top of the ai files ? I will try, thank you.

I edited one of the .bmps that signifies a nation's capital, but now it looks inverse colors. What did I do wrong?

The kind of thing that can go wrong and you need to check:
Those files are 8-bit, did you save it (default settings?) as 24-bit?
Is the background colour still the same?
Check the size? Although I don't think the size is critical for these?
Layers?.. If your program uses layers, then you need to Merge or Flatten the image.

That should do it?

I'm really new to Darkest Hour and even newer to modding and all that good stuff but basically I want to know if, and how to change just the name of a country I'm playing as by event but keep the flags and normal events and all that. I want it to be a name I came up with but i don't want to change the official name of the nation via the world names file. Any info would be greatly appreciated to a newbie like me. Also I hate to burden anyone, but if someone could write the event for me if it's possible I would be more than thankful to you. So thanks in advance!

Simple:
Code:
event = {
	id = 500000
	country = TAG
	random = no
	persistent = yes
	decision = { }
	trigger = { ai = no }

name = "Changing our name"
	desc = "..."

date = { day = 8 month = january year = 1914 }
	offset = 3000000
	deathdate = { day 29 month = december year = 2000 }

action = {
		name = "Let's get a new name"
		command = { type = name where = TAG which = “New name” }
		}
	action = {
		name = "We want our old name back"
		command = { type = name where = TAG }
		}
	}
Change "New name" to whatever you want. "TAG" must be changed to the tag of your country. I made it a decision just to make it easier to select.
The alternative is remove the lines "country = TAG", "decision = { }", "trigger = { ai = no }", and the date-offset deathdate. That way, you could only call the event via console or via other event.
Enjoy.

In misc.txt

Code:
research = {
# Blueprint Bonus
# Pre-Historical Date Mod (value * days prior to historical date. Lower limit for the total is -0.9. )
# Post-Historical Date Mod ( 1 + value * days post historical year). The Highest possible value is equal to Blueprint Bonus. Doesn't apply to Nuclear and Rocketry researches
	0.000925 #0.0 #full bonus after 3 years post historical
# Money cost for each skill-level
# Mean number of "invention" events occuring per year
# Use new Technology page layout - allow for more techs and better view. 0 - use vanilla; 1 - use new
	0 #0
[B]# Max active tech teams at a time (cannot be more then 50). Note: New Technology page layout will be auto-set for values above 5!
	5 #5[/B]
# Min active tech teams at a time (available teams regardles of current IC)
	1 #1
# Required IC for each tech team above the min
	20 #20
}