• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I only need a command that will event spawn a strength reduced to 70% garrison in prague as germans named "Vládní Vojsko Regierungstruppen". CAn it be done?
There are two commands only for temporary reduction of Strength. This command does not reduce the Max Strength.

type = damage_division which = [div id type/-1] value = [div id id] where = X # where = Percent of Max Strength. Negative value is strength gain. Division could end with strength between 0 and Max Strength.
type = damage_division which = "Exact Name" value = [country tag] where = X # Damage a named division for a certain country. where = Percent of Max Strength. Negative value is strength gain. Division could end with strength between 0 and Max Strength.

But if you need permanently to fix the Max Strength "no higher than 70%" for a single division, then this can only be done as I wrote above - by creating a duplicate division with Max Strength = 70 in the country's start file and activating it at the right moment instead of the old division.

Reactions:
Ah okay. If you do find it let me know. Thanks for your help!
Now what about the AI? The default AI is not good to put it kindly haha.
Basically I want to make a semi-agressive AI for my custom nation where it uses all available units on the front against an enemy.
Will anyone help me with this? Or maybe my current issue below? The AI files are so confusing. And I'm still unsure how to add custom unit counters.

I've made a new custom scenario and I would like to give these nations their own AI files.
But how can I read and understand the AI files so I can make custom AI files?

One thing I find odd with the default AI these countries have is that they tend to delete almost all of the extra units I've given then via the scenario file and unsure how to fix this.

One thing I find odd with the default AI these countries have is that they tend to delete almost all of the extra units I've given then via the scenario file and unsure how to fix this.
The AI-files are read-in only at the beginning of a game. Afterwards all AI-country behaviour is saved within the player's save. So, once a game has started, to change AI-behaviour you don' change the original AI-file but look up the corresponding section in the player's save-file.
There must be a switch command, though, because several countries use more than one AI-file depending on year or situation.

That's as far as I've understood it. And I have got only a very rudimentary understanding and thus it would had been better not trying to answere your call for help. But I found it inapprobiate to let you stand there alone without answere. I guess some modders might shy away from answering due to your slightly weird entrance onto the stage with "This AI is horrible! I will make a better one! ... Eh... I have no idea how to, can anybody help me?"

Have you looked into the documentation (RTFM)? For example: ..\Darkest Hour\Modding documentation\Invasion AI - How To.txt

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Can anyone help me with the

ERROR: Unknown Minister Loyalty
error? I've gone through those files a hundred times and I know that every minister I have on file is either/Very High/High/Medium/Low/Very Low.

Or does it mean some other error?

Can anyone help me with the

error? I've gone through those files a hundred times and I know that every minister I have on file is either/Very High/High/Medium/Low/Very Low.

Or does it mean some other error?
My best guess would be an additional or missing ; so that the number of columns is wrong and in what the game expected a Loyalty value, it finds a different one.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does anyone know how to revert the map style changes (font for provinces, forests, etc.) for certain mods without breaking them? I'm personally not a fan of the map used in Blood & Iron, and I would like to revert it back to the vanilla style. Which files should I change/delete?

I am running Windows 11 Pro. Normally when I go to change the enddate in a mod, I make the change with Notepad and then close the .eug file out I am asked if I want to save the changes and I click yes. However with Windows 11 Pro, I am NOT asked if I want to save the changes and the enddate cannot be changed. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution?

Something has happened with my TGC mod, I have researched all the nuclear techs (CWTT) I can't load a nuke onto any of my strategic rockets. I did mod some files but not sure it was all me or a new feature. (Been a **really** long time since I played/modded.)

Edit:

For some reason

command = { type = nuclear_carrier which = flying_bomb }
command = { type = nuclear_carrier which = flying_rocket }

was removed, I just replaced it in the tech tree file. Detective work FTW

Last edited:
Is there any somewhat manageable way to transform a savegame into a scenario or will it always be a pain?
From my understanding it depends which version and the checksum. If they match, then you can drop your save game into the correct folder and you're good to go. If you're trying a different mod or a different version of the game/checksum then trying to load your game will crash it lol

Hope this helps mate. (y)

Is there any somewhat manageable way to transform a savegame into a scenario or will it always be a pain?
AFAIK, there isn't but, if you want it to be replayable then maybe just load your save game and save it as a different name each time? (I could be wrong, it's been a few years since I played DH)

Hi, i have a question about a release country event:

I want to simulate the Serbian army escaping to Albania and then to Korfu in 1915 and my event is this so far

event = {
id = 2019528 # Serbian Army regroups on Korfu
random = no
country = GRE

trigger = {
event = 2192535
}

name = "The Serbian Army tries to regroup on Korfu"
desc = "After Serbia was overrun by Central Power forces few options remained to escape encirclement. The Serbian supreme command made the decision to retreat across Albania and then tried to evacuate the army to the island of Korfu with Entente ships."
style = 2
picture = "news_paper"

action_a = {
name = "Do not interfere..." # Accept their demands
ai_chance = 100
command = { type = removecore which = 371 } # Kerkyra
command = { type = independence which = SER value = 1 }
command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
command = { type = trigger which = 2084510 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = ENG value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = BEL value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = RUS value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = U08 value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = U09 value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = BUL value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = OTT value = -50 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Stop the Serbian Army from entering our territory at all costs!" # Reject their demands
ai_chance = 0
command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 1 }
command = { type = alliance which = U09 when = 1 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = ENG value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = BEL value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = RUS value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = U08 value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = U09 value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = BUL value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = OTT value = 100 }
}
}

i know that should release Serbia if Serbia got a core on province 371. Obviously they do not so my question is: is there a way to spawn Serbia on Korfu without messing with the revolt file? This is just meant to simulate the Serbian army still being around for the fight until Serbia proper is freed (or Entente loses :D )

Does anyone know any details on the indexed color palette bitmaps the Europa engine is using? Any documentation would be useful. I tried to create a few sprites, textures, and graphics that need to be indexed for the engine, but it's always something: if not the transparency, then the wrong color, etc. Having more information would allow me to stop wandering in the dark.

I fixed every event i wrote except this one:

event = {
id = 2006527
country = ITA

trigger = {
control = { province = 360 data = ITA } #Korce
event = 2006526
NOT = { war = { country = ITA country = GRE } }
NOT = { control = { province = 338 data = SER } }
alliance = { country = U09 country = BUL }
alliance = { country = ITA country = FRA }
war = { country = ITA country = BUL }
war = { country = ITA country = U09 }
}

name = "Landing at Gjirokaster"
desc = "Let us open the Albanian Front against the Central Powers!"
style = 2
picture = "news_paper"

deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1925 }

action = {
name = "Forwards!"
command = { type = add_corps which = "XVI Corpo d'Armata" value = land where = 360 } # Korce
command = { type = add_division which = "Comando dell'Esercito dell'Albania" value = hq when = 0 where = anti_air }
command = { type = add_division which = "1a Divisione Albanese" value = infantry when = 3 where = artillery }
command = { type = add_division which = "2a Divisione Albanese" value = infantry when = 3 where = artillery }
command = { type = add_division which = "3a Divisione Albanese" value = infantry when = 3 where = artillery }
command = { type = manpowerpool value = -40 }
}
}

Why does this crash my game after 1 day? It must be this event everything worked until i put this one in.

I fixed every event i wrote except this one:

event = {
id = 2006527
country = ITA

trigger = {
control = { province = 360 data = ITA } #Korce
event = 2006526
NOT = { war = { country = ITA country = GRE } }
NOT = { control = { province = 338 data = SER } }
alliance = { country = U09 country = BUL }
alliance = { country = ITA country = FRA }
war = { country = ITA country = BUL }
war = { country = ITA country = U09 }
}

name = "Landing at Gjirokaster"
desc = "Let us open the Albanian Front against the Central Powers!"
style = 2
picture = "news_paper"

deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1925 }

action = {
name = "Forwards!"
command = { type = add_corps which = "XVI Corpo d'Armata" value = land where = 360 } # Korce
command = { type = add_division which = "Comando dell'Esercito dell'Albania" value = hq when = 0 where = anti_air }
command = { type = add_division which = "1a Divisione Albanese" value = infantry when = 3 where = artillery }
command = { type = add_division which = "2a Divisione Albanese" value = infantry when = 3 where = artillery }
command = { type = add_division which = "3a Divisione Albanese" value = infantry when = 3 where = artillery }
command = { type = manpowerpool value = -40 }
}
}

Why does this crash my game after 1 day? It must be this event everything worked until i put this one in.
I guess missing date and offset.