• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks that worked, i did not put offset in because i wanted to fire it instantly but offset 1 will do i guess.
Offset is mandatory if there's a deathdate. Offset 1 is discouraged and should be used only if there are absolutely not better alternatives. It should be used for as few events as possible.

What do you suggest instead? A higher offset number?
In general, yes, higher is better.
But it also depends on what you want to achieve with this event. Does it have to happen on a specific date? Then you can use just date without offset and deathdate. Can this event be trigger by another event? Then you can make it fire XX days after the first event (if the triggers are valid).
If there are no other solutions, then you can use a low offset.

For those who would ever read it, when creating indexed color bitmaps for commanders or leaders' pictures (or any image the engine needs to be indexed), the best results yield the 256 Internet type color index. It has "electric green," "magenta," and "blue" (some sort of RGB?) and the good amount of shades between the pure black and white the Europa engine obviously needs to correctly display those.

No dither, the engine handles opacity/transparency via the colors, apparently.

Also, I found no difference between perceptual, adaptive, and selective types of palettes, but I found the selection of Local/Master seemingly matters, with Local yielding more faithful (to the given picture) colors.

Czudak, over and out.

EDIT: I created the exact color palette for black and white pictures of leaders/commanders/tech teams for the Europa engine. It's in the attached files; handy when someone wants to go through some thousands pictures via batch mode in GIMP or Photoshop. It's the Adobe Color Theme format. Cheers.

Attachments

• HoI2ArmaLeadersPicturesIndexedColorCorrectedPalette.rar
    1,3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
I have yet another question regarding events:

Lets say i want to remove a light cruiser from the game by event and this event is a trigger for a later event which will use this sacrificed cruiser for conversion into a CVE. I know how to remove a ship with the exact name but i dont know if this ship will survive until the event fires so i want to remove a random light cruiser.

type = remove_division which = [div id type/-1] value = [div id id] # Remove a division from the scenario. -1 is a random division (the value field will be ignored).

type = delete_unit which = [unit id type/-1/-2/-3] value = [unit id id] # -1 is a random land unit -2 random naval unit -3 random air unit (value will be ignored).

Do i have to use one of these and how would i have to rewrite it in order to take a cl? (and can i somehow make sure that an outdated unit is removed?)

I have yet another question regarding events:

Lets say i want to remove a light cruiser from the game by event and this event is a trigger for a later event which will use this sacrificed cruiser for conversion into a CVE. I know how to remove a ship with the exact name but i dont know if this ship will survive until the event fires so i want to remove a random light cruiser.

type = remove_division which = [div id type/-1] value = [div id id] # Remove a division from the scenario. -1 is a random division (the value field will be ignored).

type = delete_unit which = [unit id type/-1/-2/-3] value = [unit id id] # -1 is a random land unit -2 random naval unit -3 random air unit (value will be ignored).

Do i have to use one of these and how would i have to rewrite it in order to take a cl? (and can i somehow make sure that an outdated unit is removed?)
Perhaps this should be useful to you:
type = demobilize which = [unit_type/land/air/naval] when = [1/0] where = [1/0] value = [+/- X] # Deletes X or set to no more then X units of the specified type for a country
#which – unit type or land, naval, air branches that will be reduced in number
#when – 0(default) - scrap most obsolete or damaged units first, 1 – scrap best units first
#where – 0(default) - return MP from disbanded units to the MP pool, 1 – do not return MP from disbanded units to the MP pool
#value – >= 0 - How many units of the specified type to remain, < 0 – how many units of the specified type to be disbanded

I would also try to use the following trigger to check if they have at least 1 division of that type:
[div type] = { country = TAG value = X } # country TAG has X or more of that type of division

Reactions:
I can't figure out how to stop a unit from upgrading. As in model 2 up to model 3. I went through the modding documentation folder and can't find anything to help.

I have a question, I know about the command to sleep an event but I think I've seen a command to sleep a whole .txt file, did I dreamed about it or does it exist
Try to go in db/unit/division there you can edit unit model

I get what you're saying but I don't remember and can't find the correct command.

I have a question, I know about the command to sleep an event but I think I've seen a command to sleep a whole .txt file, did I dreamed about it or does it exists ?
I don't know if there's a faster way, but with most event files the events are listed first. You can just copy your command to sleep the event and then just copy-paste the sleep event command a bunch of times then put the event number down. Bit of a chore, but it's the best I could do for you.

Hey, a quick question: is it possible to add new brigade types in original HoI2? From what I looked up, the information is contradicting (C.O.R.E. [and that other big mod; can't remember the name] managed that, but everyone else says no), so what's up with that? It's kind of doable in DH, apparently, because it uses all brigade type script files, but the classic game?

I have a question too, I'm making my first steps in to graphic modding and i'm tring to modify fort apparence on map. I wanted to add some color to costal fort but whatever color I put it turns orange IG... I don't know where this come from since I used the same color of another graphic fort that works...

I have a question too, I'm making my first steps in to graphic modding and i'm tring to modify fort apparence on map. I wanted to add some color to costal fort but whatever color I put it turns orange IG... I don't know where this come from since I used the same color of another graphic fort that works...

Most likely, you have the fort bitmap in the indexed mode that means the limited palette of colors (to that saved in said palette). Convert to RGB color space via GIMP, Photoshop, or even XnView(MP); just remember that alpha padding [what's going to be translucent in game] in the RGB mode for most bitmaps in the Europa engine is "electric green" [#00ff00 or 0,255,0].

Last edited:
Most likely, you have the fort bitmap in the indexed mode that means the limited palette of colors (to that saved in said palette). Convert to RGB color space via GIMP, Photoshop, or even XnView(MP); just remember that alpha padding [what's going to be translucent in game] in the RGB mode for most bitmaps in the Europa engine is "electric green" [#00ff00 or 0,255,0].
I must admit it took me some time to understand your explanation (not that it's not clear but I'm not use to the graphic stuff), I think i get it, I'll give it a try, thank you for the answer !

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi all: Just another quick question: I'm working on reviving another mod and I've actually gotten it to start, except for the fact that I get a CTD at Initializing Map.

Can anyone help me with this or at least know what's causing it? Savedebug is no help since all I can get from it is a map problem. The mod I was using as a skeleton (which I KNOW was loading before) uses the E3 Map if that changes anything.

Hi all: Just another quick question: I'm working on reviving another mod and I've actually gotten it to start, except for the fact that I get a CTD at Initializing Map.

Can anyone help me with this or at least know what's causing it? Savedebug is no help since all I can get from it is a map problem. The mod I was using as a skeleton (which I KNOW was loading before) uses the E3 Map if that changes anything.
Ah this must mean that you messed up a file or more.
Copy what you have done into a separate folder. Use the original mod as a skeleton again (when it was working), and then one-by-one start replacing its folders with your own modded folders one by one (for example, copy your whole config folder, from say, der Kriegsher Mod, and replace the whole config folder in the, say, Original Mod). With each such copy/replacing, run the mod again. If it works, copy the next folder, for example, db, and run the game again. As soon as the game crashes, you identify the last folder you copied as the source of the problem, copy the affected folder, say db, from the Original Mod back into the modified Original Mod directory. Now start replacing its files one-by-one in the same manner as you did with the folders, till you identify at which file's replacement the game crashes. That is the likely source of the problem.
PS: Such a problem usually arises when you make a syntax error in the pseudocode in these files. And the problem has likely something to do with the dits you made with the map files, so check them out first.

Reactions:
Hello everyone,

Please I need help with a crashing problem when editing the percentage AI chances of events for Kaiserreich Darkest Hour.

What I am actually doing is editing the flow of events for most countries to create a cool large WW2 scenario in 1939.

What happens to me is, when I edit about 10 different countries event files, like russia to go down nazi path, austria to fight hungary, japan ally with russia etc.... my game crashes for example in November 1937 with a freeze and crash always on the same random date for each game.

There is absolutely no crash error log in savedebug and I cannot find the exact problem.

The only thing I know is that the events for some reason are causing the freeze and crash at the very end of a random day, say 5th November 1937.

Its frustrating and I need help please,

This is the only game I want to play compared to hoi4 and others and I think this should be used as a template for creating Hearts Of Iron 5 in my opinion, please spread the word around haha

Thank you so much