• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's a great way to determine the efficiency of your campaign, compare in-game WWII with RL WWII and it's very immersive, i.e. good for flavour. Have you ever wondered why so many people love various special and elite units with unique icons/sounds/sprites/whatever, even if they are not that much more powerful than standard units? Why some people make such a fuss about ship names? I think the reasons are very similar.

and a great way to tweak things ;)

It's a great way to determine the efficiency of your campaign, compare in-game WWII with RL WWII and it's very immersive, i.e. good for flavour. Have you ever wondered why so many people love various special and elite units with unique icons/sounds/sprites/whatever, even if they are not that much more powerful than standard units? Why some people make such a fuss about ship names? I think the reasons are very similar.

And I still don't see why some people don't get that.
Casualty stats are a vital analysis tool. The single most important feature in any war game. It lets you assess the efficiency of your air-defence by monitoring interceptor/hostile bomber loss ratio. Ever wondered if your u-boats are about to win the battle of the Atlantic? Compare u-boat losses to allied convoys sunk. All in one screen. People who dislike casualty stats are quite shallow gamers, I'd say.

Yeah, I guess that in the end everyone wins if casualty statistics are implemented, but don't be so harsh - if you put a very juicy feature on the table, like better naval and air combat or a proper logistical system, then I would pick those over casualty stats without hesitation.

Great!

Now just..

You know...

Now just you gotta release the patch so we can get to play :D
I managed to lure two of my friends to buy DH by telling them about all the great stuff coming with 1.3.

It's a great way to determine the efficiency of your campaign, compare in-game WWII with RL WWII and it's very immersive, i.e. good for flavour.
Agreed, as long as you don't mind using made up/fictional numbers to get the stats...

People who dislike casualty stats are quite shallow gamers, I'd say.
Interesting view. My problem with getting instantaneous accurate casualty stats for you and your opponent is it is so ahistorical - I'd much rather they were subject to time delays or were being randomly inflated / deflated. Decision making becomes much harder that way ;)

Interesting view. My problem with getting instantaneous accurate casualty stats for you and your opponent is it is so ahistorical - I'd much rather they were subject to time delays or were being randomly inflated / deflated. Decision making becomes much harder that way ;)

According to the developers, you won't have to worry about stats being too accurate. ;)
In that sense the result will be quite realistic, as the stats will function like inaccurate estimates.

Can't wait to lose 125.869478394521 men in an assault.

I hope we also get losses for things like submarines, destroyers, aircraft, tanks and guns.