• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will buy darkest our when the patch comes out but i got two questions i dont really understand the new combat system.

1.if the attacker storms over a lake will that not anymore give higher losses to the attacker? (only doctrines affect losses now?)
2.if i attack 10 dug in german elite divisions with 25 standard quality russian units will that still give the attacker less losses in the and (big losses for the attacker in the battle beginning and even bigger losses losses for the defender after they get overwhelmed)

sorry for my bad english.

EDIT: forgot i allready have DH i did buy it with blue coins.

Last edited:
I will buy darkest our when the patch comes out but i got two questions i dont really understand the new combat system.

1.if the attacker storms over a lake will that not anymore give higher losses to the attacker? (only doctrines affect losses now?)
2.if i attack 10 dug in german elite divisions with 25 standard quality russian units will that still give the attacker less losses in the and (big losses for the attacker in the battle beginning and even bigger losses losses for the defender after they get overwhelmed)

sorry for my bad english.
No idea, it depends on many different factors (terrain, doctrines, army composition). Also, we're still working on it.

Both. Soon (tm) is different from soon - soon (tm) being analogous to 'when it is done', while soon indicates a short period of time.
^ This

I'd like to also point out that I'm a modder and not someone with a DH forum icon, so always defer to DH team members with the large DH icon.

is there gonna be a casualty stat?
Yes and there will be screen-shots when the feature is fully implemented.
sLo_heart.gif

I still dont see why casualty stats than more features or moddability is so very important to some people...
It's a great way to determine the efficiency of your campaign, compare in-game WWII with RL WWII and it's very immersive, i.e. good for flavour. Have you ever wondered why so many people love various special and elite units with unique icons/sounds/sprites/whatever, even if they are not that much more powerful than standard units? Why some people make such a fuss about ship names? I think the reasons are very similar.