New Mod ... In case there is still anyone out there playing AOD

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps we need to summon @fabfeingold once more. Would be good to help with the map conversion, I can do soft edits.

:). NO need to summon me. I have not been spirited away and you will be glad to hear that I've made good progress. Still so much to do though. So bear with me.
Maybe an upload, of anything at all, would be in order? If you read this thread people have been asking for you to do an upload for over 2 years now or maybe even longer and you've always said soon but we still don't have an upload.

AH...I TOO BEEN waiting for the mod but....i sort of think fabfeingold has been sidetracked into working on the upcoming AOD patches 1.13 and 1.14. PLUS...as a non-modder i always felt its a bit rich to demand action of a modder...they are doing it for free and really have no reason to share their hard and time comsuming work...so back to waiting

• 1Like
Reactions:
AH...I TOO BEEN waiting for the mod but....i sort of think fabfeingold has been sidetracked into working on the upcoming AOD patches 1.13 and 1.14. PLUS...as a non-modder i always felt its a bit rich to demand action of a modder...they are doing it for free and really have no reason to share their hard and time comsuming work...so back to waiting
I understand, but at least the map!

I'm fairly certain that he does this map on his free time which doesn't give one much time. Also, one huge thing about a new map is that it has new provinces which means all events, ai files, country definition (.inc) files, revolt files, and others need to be updated. I can tell you that each of us on the release team is super happy that fabfeingold has let us use his map for AoD.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm fairly certain that he does this map on his free time which doesn't give one much time. Also, one huge thing about a new map is that it has new provinces which means all events, ai files, country definition (.inc) files, revolt files, and others need to be updated. I can tell you that each of us on the release team is super happy that fabfeingold has let us use his map for AoD.
The fact is that you are still not answering my question, after almost eight years I think this mod is not only dead, but that it is a colossal joke.

The fact is that you are still not answering my question, after almost eight years I think this mod is not only dead, but that it is a colossal joke.
I am not sure why I am even answering to your post, it's not like you can demand anyone to finish their mod just for your pleasure. But listen, I get that you are waiting for this, but there is ne reason to be rude. I don't know about you, but I also have a real life., quite a taxing one actually. So I just don't have that much time. If that's a joke to you. Well so be it. I work on this mod on my free time and I have been continuously for a long time. Eventually I'll post more. But if you can't wait go find something else to do.

• 2Like
Reactions:
@fabfeingold
Can you tell us what estimated progress you did so far? Like what percentage of map, technology, events,, etc.
I mean, how you estimate it.

Of course i am patiently waiting, and prefer to see it finished instead of alfa-preview :D

According to some people suggestions, that this might be some kind of trolling, well even if so, it would be epic anyway XD.

The 1.14 release will be using fabfeingold's map. That is our map release update for players. So what does this mean? It means that fabfeingold is not alone on his map mod because the release is there for him. His map gives us a huge headstart.