• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Capibara said:
This turned from a promising start to a not so promising one, but nevermind, expand in north Africa; Castille and Aragon will get what they deserve later. Maybe the French can start tasting the Portuguese wrath.

Capibara: If you are referring to the writing style, I must concur. I'm feeling tired and a bit sick, and probably posted the update too soon. Anyway, I cleaned it up a little bit.
Gamewise, I intended to do something along the lines of what you propose, yes.

isca: Thanks, will remember that.

germanpeon: Indeed. But we will try to sail it through. ;)

Jestocost said:
Capibara: If you are referring to the writing style, I must concur. I'm feeling tired and a bit sick, and probably posted the update too soon. Anyway, I cleaned it up a little bit.
Gamewise, I intended to do something along the lines of what you propose, yes.

No, you misunderstood me, what I referred to is that your last update, gamewise talking started like it would be a good one for Portugal, but turned into a nasty situation at last, writing style is fine ;)

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASE continue. :eek: Please. Please. Please. For several reasons:

1. You're doing fine. The writing is good. It's a totally different style, and I think it's hardly worth comparing mine to yours.

2. It's actually important research into colonising. In my system, I get less than half the colonists you do at every level of colonial advancement (colonial vision gives .2 instead of .5, for instance). AND, I don't get another NI until tech 8, so you should be WAY ahead of me early on. ;) I won't get colonial ventures until well into the 16th century.

3. Your different attitude versus Castile will produce very different results. I've already abandoned England, whereas you're trying to keep the historic unbreakable treaty (which is more fantasy than fact, but that's another tale...)

4. You're being unkind to yourself, and I feel it's my fault.

So, go kick France's arse, keep Castile at bay, and tell us how you do it! :)

Posting the following here as me feeble trying to provide a very small incentive for Jestocost to stop the silly talking about music and focus on his AAR:

One of the MMG users posted his idea that colonization might get seriously crippled sometimes because of the peace condition for the modifiers that give colonists. He has a point, I think. Isca, what is your take on this?

Also, as we are talking about Portugal in both AARs, why not you post your famous itemized analisys of your game while at the same time Jestocost gives his take on his game, comments your assessements AND gives privileged sugestions?

So, all in all, a beta with a twist going on here at the same time as we read Jestocost AAR and yours!

Do you both agree? :)

Jestocost said:
I've thought it over and I think I will put this on hold for now.

Really, I feel too much like a Salieri working in the shadow of a Mozart right now, If you catch my drift. ;)
I dont catch your drift! I agree with isca; you are comparing apples to oranges. The AARs are very different and you shouldnt worry about which is better. Hell, I doubt most people could make AARs half as good as either of you.

*subscribes*

Not to mention, you don't expect the same from every AAR author. For an example I know that with Isca it's going to be a good story and that it'll bring quite a few laughs, but in terms of learning to master EU3 or Magna Mundi it won't be bringing much - if anything.

Your own work, on the other hand, reads a lot like Renss' "Sforza!" - it looks like there will be lots to learn as well as the simple pleasure from reading about great progress made by a good player. AND it also looks like there'll be quite a few laughs as well, if only because we're "inside your head" and you're not above jesting about all that's happening to you during the game :D

Please, do go on :)

(or else... :p )

isca said:
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASE continue. :eek: Please. Please. Please.

Who could say no to that? ;)

Not to mention the joint armada of Capibara, ubik, germanpeon, Fulcrumvale and Lordban? :eek:

So I will cast my belated pubescent insecurities aside and continue the voyage. And if that helps in making Magna Mundi even better, that will be my pleasure.

Thanks for the support, people. Really.

I was off sick, but am back now. Please continue my salty sea dog

The more Portugal aars, the better! Glad you decided to continue. I am eagerly anticipating the next update.

ubik said:
Posting the following here as me feeble trying to provide a very small incentive for Jestocost to stop the silly talking about music and focus on his AAR:

One of the MMG users posted his idea that colonization might get seriously crippled sometimes because of the peace condition for the modifiers that give colonists. He has a point, I think. Isca, what is your take on this?

Also, as we are talking about Portugal in both AARs, why not you post your famous itemized analisys of your game while at the same time Jestocost gives his take on his game, comments your assessements AND gives privileged sugestions?

So, all in all, a beta with a twist going on here at the same time as we read Jestocost AAR and yours!

Do you both agree? :)

I'm afraid my short term answer to this must be 'no'. I just don't have the time at the moment to write an AAR and a beta-style analysis. But I do keep all my notes, and when I'm done will certainly post a reflective thread, most likely at terranova.dk. As for a Beta-AAR, watch this space. Or that space, as the case may be.

(Sorry to steal the bandwidth, Jestocost)

Now, on with the show! :D

Glad to here you're bravely pressing onward. Now go thrash so silly frenchmen! :D

Jestocost said:
I will cast my belated pubescent insecurities aside and continue the voyage. And if that helps in making Magna Mundi even better, that will be my pleasure.
Hurrah <applause>

<Pulls up chair> This is going to be fun. Go show those Canaries!

Excellent to hear you are continuing as I just read through this today. Nice work so far. That alliance with England is both helpful and a little irritating, I suspect. Good luck there and keep colonizing.