• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
General_Grant said:
Ancient Egypt in 1936!! Could it be more original? Well. If you want to give yourself cores on what the Pharaohs ruled during their biggest expension, remember than most of Syria and Palestine, all the region between the Nile and the Red Sea, northern Sudan (Nubia) and the Western Desert (important commercial oasis cities of Selima, Dakleh, Siwa, Farafrah and more..), the Sinaï, and even Cyprus where Egyptians.

May this be my little contribution:

A province picture for Cairo, wich look a bit less 'years 2000' and more 'ancient':

illprov903pk9.png

Use it if you want.

Good luck, i'll definitivly be following this.

Ooo, nice image, I'll use it!

And as an extra courtesy, here are Egypt's Territorial Claims:

You may notice they claim more than the normal Nubian territories, my next update will explain how that came about ^_^

Last edited:
Phase III: The Arab Invasion​

In the year 639, 7 years after the death of their leader and prophet, 4000 Arab soldiers invaded westward from the Arabian peninsula into the Egyptian Frontier. At the time, the Pharaoh Ahmose V was ruler of Egypt. News of a new movement in Arabia had reached the Egyptian ruling not long before the invasion, however, many did not consider it a threat.

The Egyptians were not completely unprepared however, Ahmose V was building an army at the time in an attempt to retake the Nubian provinces to the south. He had assembled a considerable force of 15,000 across all of Egypt, and about 3500 Egyptian troops were located in the Delta preparing to head south up the Nile. When the Arabs invaded they had reached as far the Delta City of Lunu (City of Pillars), which was a major center of learning and the Egyptian Sun-God Ra had his Temple. However, they were not able to enter the City as 3500 fully equipped and battle-ready Egyptians were there to stop them.

The Battle, though the first of the invasion, would be a be a view into future Egyptian battles. While slightly outnumbered and unprepared, the Egyptian army was able to stop the initial Arab attack and chased them back into the Sinai Peninsula. A second Arab Army of 12,000 was soon sent to reinforce the initial group. For the Muslims, it would be a major boon for their cause if they were able to conquer one of the last remaining major Polytheistic peoples of the Region.

But ever since the brief war with Rome, Egypt had built and restored a professional and experienced army, and they were not about to loose their lands to foreign invaders ever again. By the time the second Arabian Invasion force reached the Sinai Peninsula on the October of the year 640 AD, Pharaoh Ahmose V was waiting with his full army 15,000 who were supposed to be fighting the Nubians.

The Battle of the Gulf of Aqaba extremely bloody and lasted for longer than half a day. Over 8000 Arabs and Egyptians were killed. In the end it was an Egyptian victory and Pharaoh Ahmose V demanded that a peace be made with the Arab Leaders.

After a long period of deliberation, a peace agreement was finally met between the Arab Caliph Umar ibn al-Khattāb, his general Amr Ibn Al-Aas, and Pharaoh Ahmose V. It was agreed between the Parties that Egypt would allow for the Muslim faith to pass freely through their borders, but there would be no active conversion of the Egyptian People, west of Egypt would be open for the Arabians to conquer as Ahmose V had no interests there. For many in the Arab leadership, the agreement was difficult to swallow, especially for Amr Ibn Al-Aas. For the Egyptians too it was considered to be too lenient considering the damage that was done to Ra's temple in Lunu.

Despite the bitter resentment for both sides, the battle paved the way for future Egyptian expansion south. A small garrison of 3000 was left at the Western boarder on the Sinai Peninsula and Ahmose V took his remaining 9500 forces south to the Nubian provinces.

Ahmose V discovered that the Arabs were infact a far more difficult foe than the Nubian warriors he found himself against a year later. The Nubian Kingdoms capitulated one after another and in less than 2 years of conquest, Ahmose V had extended Egyptian territory out of the Sahara and into the African Savana, where many new materials and resources were made available. The Egyptian Empire of 645 AD extended from the Nile Delta all the way to the Nile's Source.

A result of these Conquests was Ahmose V's elevated position as not just a great defender of the free Egyptians, but also a conqueror of the whole of the Nile. Ahmose was 42 when the Nubian campaigns were completed and he would rule Egypt for a subsequent 12 more years. He had no son or daughter and upon his death he named his best General as his Successor and thus ended the 36th Dynasty.

Next: Phase IV: The Crusades!

Last edited:
Another interesting reading. I wonder how Egypt had been reduced to what it is in 1936 according to your screenies.

General_Grant said:
Another interesting reading. I wonder how Egypt had been reduced to what it is in 1936 according to your screenies.

You'll see :X

Btw, there probably won't be another update until Sunday night Eastern American time. So don't panic guys if i don't post anything tomorrow :p

Last edited:
Despite the bitter resentment for both sides, the battle paved the way for future Egyptian expansion south. A small garrison of 3000 was left at the Western boarder on the Sinai Peninsula and Ahmose V took his remaining 9500 forces south to the Nubian provinces.

So the Egyptians took no losses? :confused:

Dude, this is very cool. You have done some great research and pulled this together very nicely. I'm enjoying the alt. hist. of Egypt. I'll be following this one, but dont expect comments everyday, you've seen how often I update. ;)

likk9922 said:
So the Egyptians took no losses? :confused:

Nah, the Egyptians went in with 15000, the Arabs had 14000 (apx.)

8000 were killed. (apx.)

Sinai Garrison: 3000
Nubian Campaign: 9500 (apx. starting)
Total Surviving: 12500 (apx.)

So of the 8000 dead in the battle, 2500 were Egyptian.

Hmmm, kind of lopsided tho huh?
Meh, I'll stand by it, besides, it's an Egyptian Scribe/Historian writing all this, he's probably distorting some of the figures ^_^

Grayghost: Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like this one at least half as much as I love yours! I'll be sure to keep it interesting.

BTW, I've started my actual game play after a lot of testing. I can tell you now that it will be a slow start (lots of trade and careful micromanagement :(, so I'll be starting it off with more narrative than history-book, then once the war kicks off I'll be switching back over to history-book mode.

This AAR is GREAT!
You are forbidden to abandon it at any time! ;) :)

Yeah, but in narrative you can have all kinds of juicy things going on...gangsters, love stories, tomb robbers(you are egypt after all), archaeologist spies, the list is endless. :D

grayghost said:
Yeah, but in narrative you can have all kinds of juicy things going on...gangsters, love stories, tomb robbers(you are egypt after all), archaeologist spies, the list is endless. :D

Maybe my favourite archeologist with hat and whip and who hates snakes could make an appearance?

Baneslave said:
Yep, maybe get shot on the second the hit the scene? :cool:
NO! we need him to stop the Germans whenever they try to get some supernatural artifacts! Egypt needs those for herself!

It would be awesome if you ould upload your files :) :)

Just posting before my 3hour drive to Connecticut -

Admiral Yamamot said:
It would be awesome if you ould upload your files :) :)

I probably will once I return from Connecticut this Sunday night. Keep in mind that a lot of these files are modded in accordance with my World War 3 mod (that i work on from time to time) so say if i were to upload Province.csv, you may notice a bit of some beefing of the South American Provinces, not to mention addition resource boost in many African Provinces (some of which were modded before i ever thought of doing this AAR.) I would also have to upload all of my Urban Province images as there are a lot more cities in my mod :X

There would actually be a LOT of files to install :D

but sure, I'll upload them. ^_^

Also, when loading the custom scenario file, there will be a lot of error messages in loading, just click "ignore" in each, it will run fine!

Phase IV: The Crusades!​

After conquering all of the Nile, Egypt entered a long period of peace and prosperity. Aside from a few between-dynasty wars, Egypt had progressed steadily in both technological advances and diplomatic advances. The Egyptians had reached a general level of peace with the Islamic Nations and the local Orthodox Christian Communities. Trade had increased steadily and Egypt had become increasingly wealthy. For the nations of the Near East, it was a golden age.

For Europe, the dark ages continued, but unbeknownst to the nations of Asia Minor and North Africa, trouble was brewing within the Catholic nations. Unknown to the Egyptian nation, were the many personal issues between the many faiths that had been created from the original Hebrew god. Most in Egypt were either ignorant or simply did not care. So the actions of the Fatimid caliph, al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah did not concern them. However, the destruction of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre had started in a chain of events that would lead to the first set of major European conquests into the Near East.

The
first of the Crusades were directed against the Cities of Antioch and Jerusalem. Though, by the end of their run, many of the particpant nations had taken note of the large wealth the region had accumulated, especially the wealth of the Turks and Egyptians. It was not long before the Pope had called upon a crusade against the "Pagans & the Heretics" of the Egyptian Nation. The Crusaders went to great lengths to pillage and destroy many frontier Egyptian towns and small cities. Though the attacks did not just stop at pillage and plunder; a great many people were killed during a long period of attempted conversion by force and torture. While some did convert, most did not.

This would mark the first time that an Egyptian Pharaoh would call upon the neighboring Muslim countries for assistance against the European and Catholic Threat. Even though it was taught to all Muslims that the polytheists should be converted to Islam above all else, the destruction and death brought upon them by the Catholic nations of Europe was more than enough to convince them that the Polythiestic Egyptians were the least of their problems.

While the fight was taken to Europe only once, in 1151, by a combined force of Egyptians and Seljuk Turks. It was a clear message to the Popes of later years that the Near East was to be taken seriously. And while the Crusades began to die down, it would still be a few more hundred years before they finally ended.

In the end, European Kingdoms had proven to the Egyptian Empire that Europe was not a place to be trusted or communicated with. The Crusades would forever ingrain a sense of distrust and hatred in the Egyptian people against the Europeans. On the flip side however, there would also have a new found mutual respect between the Egyptians and the Arabs.

Next: Phase V: The Ottomans

Quanto said:
You have no idea how hard it was to get some good "Photos" of people in Ancient Egyptian outfits. I went to a lot of Costume Shop websites and downloaded a lot of corny pictures :D
Its just thatr pic kinda reminds me of the O rly Owl. Its jsut the way she is smiling.

This thread needs more lulz!

Intermission: What happens when you DOW the British Commonwealth when they have nothing better to do?​

This isn't a real update guys. I just wanted to show you an alternate-alternate history of Ancient Egypt. I saved before doing this so don't worry! :D

"The Egyptian Nation declares Open War upon the oppressive British Commonwealth in a gambit to take back what is rightfully ours! >:X"
- Pharaoh Panebwemet II, after a long night of drinking and partying.

"ROFL! XD"
- British Response.

Egyptian Forces head south to retake Nubia. The French are there >_>;;

The great Pharaoh crosses the Suez with his Chariots to retake Asia Minor. So far so good! :D

Seven Egyptian Divisions race westward to force the British back against Italian Libya. Its working!

Suddenly, the Nubian theater goes horribly wrong! :X
Where in hell did so many of them come from! And the French are pretty pissed as well. >_>

-----------

Ultimately, while i managed to take the Canal, and force the british out of western Egypt, they stacked like 12 divisions in Nubia and pushed my puny 2 1918 divisions down the Nile back to the delta. French and British bombers raped my manpower. (3 Divisions were completely destroyed >_<)

And ironically, the Brits ran up the Nile so friggin fast, that my guys in the west couldn't defend Memphis in time (and Panebwemet got captured in Suez >_<), so Alexandria ended up being the Egyptian Capital until my ultimate Annexation. (Sorry for the lack of screenshots up to that point, they came so fast i didn't have time to take screenshots anymore @_@.)

And so, lesson learned, I must practice patience. I must strike when the Brits are fully distracted...

Hope you guys liked this little side story ^_^;;