• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Like disappeared from the game completely, it doesn't appear when you search for it , it doesn't ever appear on the "interesting characters" window of the selection screen. The character appears but the title doesn't. It's really jarring since everything seems to be OK in the landed titles file...

I will commit them ASAP. Which is in a couple of hours.

The CoAs are allright, that was a false alarm, the problem is something else I haven't located inside the interface folder. probably something to do with the customizer DLC or the new plot buttons.

I managed to fix the interface. Now the game starts up :D This has already been committed, so you're fine :) Just make sure whatever you commit doesn't overwrite anything.

As for the landed_titles, this is very very weird. Especially because there's nothing in the landed_titles that is obviously causing it, nor even the history files. Oddly enough, though, the now-landless characters show up in the Interesting Characters window for me.

The only other thing I can think of is if the map has been changed. That's sort of what happened last time... and maybe it could affect the titles? :unsure:

@Numahr

I've downloaded the copy you sent me, and I'm looking at it now. The only major issue I see is Chumbylatic's fort level modifier is -3.5, which is more than the threshold of 3 that riknap set. Anything over -3, and we get negative fort levels which cause infinite sieges.

Not a big deal. Let's apply a ceiling rule according to which any value above -3 gets reduced to -3. It means the marginal effect of an ascendant is not fully applied in-game: somehow I am sure LI players will forgive us this anomaly in SELIN logics... :p

Edit: we could even code this golden rule of forts in the Matrix with an IF formula for absolute transparency

@ riknap:
- yes I am thinking a lot about documentation. One of the reasons I spend so much time on including all SELIN features in the Matrix is this. While I suspect that most "casual" LI players* won't dare entering the inner intricacies of it... the idea is that, with a proper Microsoft Office magic spell, it should be possible to export the whole Matrix in as many "Religion Overview" easy-to read Word pages, describing in accessible terms the properties of each individual religion. The same way you do publi-posting of letters based on excel list of addresses. So that is on my to-do-list in a not so far future... I can't wait to see the result.
(* if ever a LI player can take all this madness at a "casual level anyway ;) 0

- religion-based tactics, I think, would really be a cherry on the cake, with the cake itself being culture-based tactics. Still... soul-based tactics could be fun. Let's say 1 "special" tactic /soul activated in case of high piety of the commander (if this can be tested during a battle, not sure). Messianic: "Holy Martyrdom of the Righteous" with horrendous modifier to infantry with sever impact for both sides (+ attack / - defense / +morale) ; Martial: "Holy Martial Chants" with almost no casualty but strong morale attack (think Roman descriptions of the frightening Celtic war drums) ; Scholarly: "Deployment of a War Machine" with huge bonus for heavy infantry (i.e. the professional soldiers manning it) or archers (if in skirmish phase); Statist: well I am not inspired; Clerical: "Holy Charge": OK a more or less standard charge with high morale defense; Traditional: "Rally around a holy symbol": strong defensive tactic; Populist: "People's awakening": strong bonii for light infantry only.

Last edited:
I managed to fix the interface. Now the game starts up :D This has already been committed, so you're fine :) Just make sure whatever you commit doesn't overwrite anything.:

Care to explain the problem with the interface? My "solution" was to delete the entire interface folder anyway. You know, the IT tech guy's solution #3, if it doesn't work, delete everything :D.

About the titles, i don't think it has anything to do with the map, some landless religious heads (for example, the indo-hellenic ones) have also disappeared. Patch 1.11 has a lot of weird undocumented changes...

Not a big deal. Let's apply a ceiling rule according to which any value above -3 gets reduced to -3. It means the marginal effect of an ascendant is not fully applied in-game: somehow I am sure LI players will forgive us this anomaly in SELIN logics... :p

Aye, much like the attribute modifiers :p

Care to explain the problem with the interface? My "solution" was to delete the entire interface folder anyway. You know, the IT tech guy's solution #3, if it doesn't work, delete everything :D.

About the titles, i don't think it has anything to do with the map, some landless religious heads (for example, the indo-hellenic ones) have also disappeared. Patch 1.11 has a lot of weird undocumented changes...

There were some added strings in certain files, I can explain better when I commit them and make the changelog. I was seriously just porting over missing strings from vanilla to the mod to see if it would fix it, and it did.

No, I no longer do either. Interestingly enough, Abdul-Raman, former Umayyad caliph, still holds Cordoba, but when you click on his portrait in-game, it crashes. Nichomachus of Athens still holds Atheniai as well, as is even a patrician.

The following provinces are disabled altogether:
  • Everything in Achaia (Athens' provinces are fine, although the duchy itself is not, and the Aegean Islands and Krete, which were moved under Sparta recently, are also fine)
  • Everything in Makedonia
  • Everything in Rhomania (which basically consists of Thrace, Nikaea, and Samos now)

The following empires no longer exist:
  • SPQR
  • Imperium Romanum
  • The caliphates (probably pertaining to the religious title issue)

There's also a CTD when you try to view the de jure kingdoms map.

Interestingly enough, not all religious titles are malfunctioning. The Papacy and the Church of Donus, for example, are fine, as well as several others. I can't seem to find a pattern, though.

@ riknap:
- yes I am thinking a lot about documentation. One of the reasons I spend so much time on including all SELIN features in the Matrix is this. While I suspect that most "casual" LI players* won't dare entering the inner intricacies of it... the idea is that, with a proper Microsoft Office magic spell, it should be possible to export the whole Matrix in as many "Religion Overview" easy-to read Word pages, describing in accessible terms the properties of each individual religion. The same way you do publi-posting of letters based on excel list of addresses. So that is on my to-do-list in a not so far future... I can't wait to see the result.
(* if ever a LI player can take all this madness at a "casual level anyway ;) 0

I was eventually planning on updating the guide I made in your absence to essentially do this, once you finally finished the localisation descriptions ;)

Last edited:
God damnit I keep getting runtime error every time I try to start up with the mod!

Okay someone explain how best to run this thing so I can work out what I've done wrong. Unpacked the files into the mod folder, tried running it on Beta with and without any DLC, still nothing.

That really doesn't help, mainly because I already blame the godless igloo dwellers for all the ill in the world.

Spoiler alert:
That problem has been solved, but there are more that most of us are frankly stumped with. We're still brainstorming and still tinkering, but we need some brilliant ideas or actual decent changelogs before we can have a working version for v1.111

Landed titles are... fuzzy. Something changed on the formatting or the coding, I don't know.

It's still on ANSI, if that's what you mean by "formatting". As for coding, the combined forces of your comment and my boredom have prompted another scouring. I've found a few things that I'm going to try and see if they work. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
So I don't know how the <CISPA'd> this happened, but the mod works now. Perfectly. Not perfectly. Actually, no, I think it's pretty good now. Some things are still weird. But it seems mostly functioning.

My best guess is that the allow = { } triggers for the caliphates changed. Before, the custom_tooltip was allowed to be defined by text, whereas now it's a bracket within which information is entered. I updated this, and the rest fell into place.

LVX INVICTA AETERNA

Last edited:
fumbling fixing - muggle magic
:D

I love how you totally upgraded your signature by the way :rofl:
keep it. you earned it :p

although a quick read makes me think a new version will be released soonish?
considering how 1.11 bonked compatibility, I might as well release another half-baked non-patch release. that, or a patch depending on how things work out on my end.

still, can anyone upload their (compressed) save games from 1.103? I'd like to test compatibility, but I have... no save games to make use of. (it'll also help me review balancing btw)

Good work, Gary, you are indeed the shield and glory!
We are the rest of the useless armour and abstract concepts.

BTW, I'm still getting a crash whenever I try to enter the game (as in, after selecting character). Did you try this with or without BLC?

EDIT: Nevermind found the issue, the customization pack icons were missing in the domestic gui file. I'm fixing it right now.

Last edited:
Futuregary, you are indeed a True Crusader of the Light !

I am progressively sharing the changes made in SELIN. This is not implemented yet (I have to thank FG for this arduous task!), but sharing them before implementation allows full transparency and opens the door for potential feedback, debates and suggestions before "it is too late".

So here are the values that changed the most in the Typology: TOG military modifiers and authority / piety monthly modifiers. This details with actual figures the broad principles described in the change log I shared yesterday.

Good work, Gary, you are indeed the shield and glory!
We are the rest of the useless armour and abstract concepts.

BTW, I'm still getting a crash whenever I try to enter the game (as in, after selecting character). Did you try this with or without BLC?

EDIT: Nevermind found the issue, the customization pack icons were missing in the domestic gui file. I'm fixing it right now.

That was the main issue I was alluding to :p With that fixed, I don't know what else 1.11(1) broke. That might be it :D You are quite handy with that interface/graphics stuff.

Edit: Since I've recently posted this and I saw you make something in the SVN log concerning god kings, how far along are you exactly with that? I had an idea of using a system much like that to represent Ruler Heads aside from caliphates. Do you know if it's at all possible to tie traits like that to titles? Specifically, if it's possible to rig titles to be destroyed if the trait isn't present? I know an allow = { } trigger or an event can be used to create it, but I'd like to find a way to keep the AI from destroying it or giving it away.

Futuregary, you are indeed a True Crusader of the Light !

I am progressively sharing the changes made in SELIN. This is not implemented yet (I have to thank FG for this arduous task!), but sharing them before implementation allows full transparency and opens the door for potential feedback, debates and suggestions before "it is too late".

So here are the values that changed the most in the Typology: TOG military modifiers and authority / piety monthly modifiers. This details with actual figures the broad principles described in the change log I shared yesterday.

You added a slot for unit_modifiers! :happy: On one note, I really like the authority malus for Populist religions. Combined with the fact that bonuses from other factors will (potentially) reduce that somewhat, I think it makes perfect sense; one can't expect to gain much authority when one's core beliefs reject the authority of one person over another. I think the people's devotion to the faith will help counteract that somewhat as well. On this note, perhaps the Prepared Invasion CB should have a lower authority requirement? I'm not even sure what it is, actually :p

Last edited:
@ riknap: since we use prepared invasions for populist "revolutions", they should not have authority requirement (which rather show how much you are respected by the elite... the targets of your projected revolution) but a piety one (in the framework of populist religions, an indicator of how serious you are about it). Can it be done in the defines.lua or elswhere?

Seriously, anyone? I've got it onto the loading screen now but it keeps shutting down just before it finishes.

We're fixing it, come on already :rolleyes:
The next Lux patch will feature fixes for this game patch, as well as some extra stuff if we squeeze it in.