• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is possible to play in multiplayer, you have to install DD and the last update from Paradox and then Mod34 in every PC, with this you would have the same version in every PC and you could play in multiplayer. Be sure to download the last version of Mod34, in 0.04 we have to versions, one until 12th of December and another after that day with some bugs less, but we only have to download the last one.
I will ask to Quintelosky if there is another posibility.

The mod is great so far. Played a not yet finished campaign of Japan. ONe thing off hand: When i release the puppet China in the fall of the dragon event series, please wake all leaders for china. It has only 2-3 leaders, which is crap.

My current campaign is with Argentina. It is 43 now and southern south america belongs to me. I have 65 base IC and about 112 effective IC in peace times. Right now i am preparing to invade south africa, which is non aligned atm to get my hands on those lovely energy rich provinces.
One thing which i noticed: I got several events with resource related stuff (very handy as Argentina). I got several oil and rare rich provinces now. The thing is, i don't need that ;) I am more in need of energy related events. Of which i had 2, the new power staition stuff. But, and that's a big butt, it wouldn't do anything. Nothing at all. I am losing 70-80 energy a day, without trades, and once i am at war i fear i won't get any energy at all. So please fix those events in the next version :)

Otherwise, i am largely enjoying this. I would also congratulate you on the new Italian AI. The they did wonderfully so far, 3 seperate fronts in africa (libya, after suez captured through palestine and then north of occupied ethioopia) and egypt fell accordingly. After that, although, it is a slugfest.

UPDATE:
The current campaign has gone meh. Since the US landed in Spain about a year ago, they advanced with little opposition towards paris and beyond, and now are on the border to germany. Germany does not realize this imminent danger, iguess. It is still stuck 3-4 provinces east of moscow. Moscow and leningrad have fallen, but the SU is resilient in the south, stalingrad is still 5-6 provinces away :mad:

Japan also does not seemingly do it's best. While it has Annexed India right now, there are about 100 UK divisions pinned down in Burma. Japan has at least 200 divisions pinned down there as well. Also it won't take any of The dutch east indies. The usual AI mess up there. With their 30something (!!!) carriers they could do so much, yet they somehow do not.
Also my chances of grabbing south africa have been diminished, since US/UK dowed me. Having nothing to lose, i am now advancing into Brazil, with their major cities taken. My BB fleet got sunk in a weak moment of mine, and my Carrier Fleet still has not any CAG, so no action there.

I might abandon this, i made too many mistakes and Germany is just a shadow if it's former self.

Back to my Japan game, i guess ;)

Last edited:
To Gen.Schuermann:
There is the same event to guive you energy but just it has not left to you, this things happens with random events.
I will comment your game in our forum.

To charlieart66:
"Titanic"??
If you want to help us, you can go to our forum but it is in spanish (see my signature). If you want to do something in special, contact with me. We are working in many aspects of the game.

Erno said:
To Gen.Schuermann:
There is the same event to guive you energy but just it has not left to you, this things happens with random events.
I will comment your game in our forum.

Great, thanks! I really appreciate that. I also really like those random events. For nations which lack rares so much these events prove to be so rewarding, and the energy related one (powerstation) would be really great as well, since almost every bigger nation, besides US, UK, GER, SOV, need energy like crazy. When i quit my argentina campaign in 44, i already had 4 of these events. No energy though :(
Anyway, keep up the good work! And i just saw an event regarding the occupation of France, with different choices than the historical 2 i think. More of these events, please! I wanna see some variety!

EDIT:
I also wanna tell you about my first game, a very ahistorical one. Early in the beginning of the 1934 scenario (with me as Japan), so late 1934, there is an event series where the balkan nations dow each other, and the major powers one after another. This is the usual Balkan Clusterfuck. This messed up the europe theatre by a great amount. While Turkey was partitioned in a very nice way, the rest was just a big messed up balkan area. Also, we got a major 3 power war now going on: Ger vs. Allies and Allies vs. Sov.

I especially despise the fact that Hitler and Mussolini are against each other, due to the oppositional guarantees of independence. Subsequently, all other powers got somehow involved in this great mess, with Austria even joining the allies. The war subsequently bogged down in italy, with Germany and France sharing about half of Italy, italy remains in sicily, northen africa and sardinia. Germany has not enough forces to do anything in the west, it is 1941 now i think and neither side has advanced. Germany outnumbers France in italy by the factor 3, but it down not do ANYTHING to push the frenchies outta Italy. A sad stalemate. Will watch what the SU brings, since it's invading turkey and iraq now. A red Africa might be fun to watch, though :)

screensave54ik.jpg

Current status in 1940:
screensave159ar.jpg

Erm, 30IC base by Chile? Why did i invade them when they only had 18, i should have waited with that in my argentina campaign :wacko:
unbenannt0ry.jpg

Last edited:
We know that these random events have some problems and many times they do not work, we are trying to correct it.

In 34 there are some events indicating the murder of Yugoslavian king (I think) and then there is an investigation where sometimes Hungary appears like guilty and it makes that these countries come into war dragging its allies and making that situation. Sometimes it happens.

The ic of Chile, we have events to force IA to industrialize countries, IA selects what level of industrialization it wants.

Erno said:
In 34 there are some events indicating the murder of Yugoslavian king (I think) and then there is an investigation where sometimes Hungary appears like guilty and it makes that these countries come into war dragging its allies and making that situation. Sometimes it happens.

I know :) The thing i am complaining about is, that after the clusterfuck is over, nothing goes on anymore. All the original events don't fire due to the new situation. Maybe some events are necessary to bring things back to order, and try to count in all the possibilities that might come up. Maybe a seperate peace treaty germany-italy? Where is the sense in fighting with each other when they should be friends? Stuff like that :)

Also, maybe some game mechanics event: Right now SU is at war with the Allies. Turkey is fully occupied and Iraq annexed. Both sides are massing small forces on palestine/iraqi border. SU does not seem to make any attempts in pushing to suez. I guess it's AI related, i just wonder why they just stop there. Also, with iraq and Turkey captured, i wonder why they would stop there. Iran is virtually surrounded, why not make an event where the SU longs for domination in Asia. While we are at it, afghanistan is blocking it's way to India. Why not make a similar event where Afghanistan is dowed and the SU moves into India? When that happens, maybe involve Japan in this little war :)

To Gen.Schuermann:
We have that war as another possibility but it do not happen so many times and if you are Japan you are not so interesting in that war but if you are an european country it could be wonder, I think, in 34 you are in a Europe in war and you have to select your friends because nobody has so many forces. In 34 Germany and Italy were not too many friends and the war depends of nonaggression treaties and independence guarantees.

IA is not so developed in that case because it does not happen in so many times and the end of that war is so different in each case. I will write your comments in our forum and could be that we could develop this situation.

There is an event of soviet-afghan war on 40's.

To charlieart66:
Ok, make what you want and send me: erno.mod34@gmail.com
I promise to put what you do in our forum but it could be or not selected to be in Mod34, this is not my selection. Or if you want you can go there and put it.

Erno said:
To charlieart66:
Ok, make what you want and send me: erno.mod34@gmail.com
I promise to put what you do in our forum but it could be or not selected to be in Mod34, this is not my selection. Or if you want you can go there and put it.

i may just do a world map, and some pictures to replace the terrain ones,eg replacing the mountains in that chile photo.

charlieart66 said:
can anybody tell me what new countries there are?
i was going to do an AAR.

These are the countries that we put, but they are not finished, they need more ministers, tech equipment... in some case you can not play an AAR:
Vatican State, Society of Nations, United Nations (impossible to play because they do not have ic), Galicia, United States of Central America, Iberia, Great Colombia, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Eritrea, Catalano-Aragonesa Confederation and Micronesia.

Hi guys!
Have been playing as the SU for some timenow and I must say that the tech tree is fantastic, although the pictures need fixing with placement (tech pics are not matching the tech), love the minors you can release (like four different just in spain). The Surrender event for germany probably needs to be rewritten, I conqured almost all of europe as SU and didn't get any puppets...
Maybe you should make a "Manifest Destiny" event for SU, giving a huge part of europe directly to SU.

To Johannesburg:
You are the first that says that problem, it could be for a bad installation, you have to install on a original HOI2DD with the last pacht from Paradox to Mod34 works well. Try to start again.

To The_Carbonater:
We know that, we are working first in the game and then in the interface for that the pictures are wrong in this version but we will correct it with (much) time.
We will rewrite the events for the surrender of Germany, it could be for next version.

To Dutch Rommel:
That is a idea that we are working in our forum but we have a limit to the new nations and we have so many nations and we will select some of then. Now it is selected nothing but Greater Netherlands is one of the posibilities.

This sounds just great gents...Bravo~~~

I wonder though, does it fit with DAIM which I JUST downloaded and want to try immediately? If so I will take yours at the same time. Will take anyway, but hope that they fit together.