META THREAD: Warlock Wishlist - Post ALL your Suggestions here...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long post. Feel free to skip and just read the HEADLINES if you're lazy :D

Hello. Long post, read if bored or interested in the reasons for the suggestions/wishes, otherwise feel free to just read the CAPITALS for the suggestions/wishes themselves (but don't reply pointing out something to consider about them if you haven't read what I've written because quite likely I did consider it and write about it in the bit you skipped lol).

1) LOOTABLE SPAWNPOINTS - MAKE IT SO THE CAMERA CAN ZOOM TO THEM.

I notice that when you are in the middle of one of the events where lots of mobs of a given type spawn, and their spawn-points, if you are on a large landmass it can be a bit cumbersome to locate those spawnpoints that need a troop to wander on to them to loot them and prevent further spawns. Currrently (unless I am missing a control somewhere), you have to scroll around the map looking for them by checking every hex. I sweep the cursor over the hexes from left to right, move down a hex, and then sweep back from right to left, and continue until I see a spawnpoint (e.g. Bear Den), and then get the nearest troop to head toward it.

What would be better from the ease of use point of view would be to either have a shortcut key that allows you to have the camera focus jump to the next den/lair (spawnpoint) so you can cycle through and see where they are without laborious visual searches, or maybe an icon on the right of the screen with all the other stuff that lets you cycle through (i.e. troops awaiting orders, enemy at the gate, etc) so you could click that and have the camera focus on each of the spawnpoints (at least those in explored territory, not obscured by fog of war). It wouldn't make the game easier in any way, it would just make it faster and remove a quite unneccessary visual search task that slows play during those mass spawnpoint events.

2) HAVE AN OPTION TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR LORDS (MAYBE INCLUDING PLAYER) TO SPAWN IN A PORTAL WORLD INITIALLY (if it isn't already - it certainly hasn't happened to me or my opponents yet)

I suggest this for several reasons:
Well first, here's some background to how I felt playing a particular game where I felt it would be a better experience if a lord spawning in a portal world was possible. I was playing a game where one of the opponents was on a quite remote part of the map. I had crushed the others and moved over to where he was and was easily beating the units he had around there. During my assault of his territories, I discovered the last world portal right in the corner of the world. For a brief moment I had a little rush of excitement when I thought "what if his main territories and units are through there?" and the prospect of him being far more ready for a fight than I had first assumed from his territories and units on the main world map. I found myself actually wanting his capital to be in that portal world with lots of units waiting to put up a fight when I went through. But of course he wasn't. And I won really easily without having to go through (though I did because I like going through and fighting the different mob types and expanding into different types of environments).

Rationale for the option:
a) Variety is nice. There is variety already in the environments you start in, this would increase that considerably (if the player could start in a portal world). I know those portal worlds can be quite a bit more hostile than the main world, but those not minding that challenge and able to quickly adapt or run away could have the option for them possibly starting in a portal world active, others not. Option.
b) Surprises are nice. Like in the scenario I outlined above, it would for me have been a pleasant surprise posing further challenges if while I was flaying the opponent on the main world and came upon the portal, if I'd discovered he was actually really well set up in that portal world.
c) More scope for fighting across multiple fronts with divergent/complimentary/broader strategies. If an opponent has a substantial force in a portal world as well as on the main world, the battle strategy would broaden and the player would have to more consider a multi-pronged battle strategy. You might, for example, have to post some strong units around the portal to keep the enemy's main force from spilling out, whilst then having to use a proportion of your remaining units to push at the territories in the main world. Or you might give up the region on the main world, hold the portal with a rear-guard to fend of his main-world units while an advance force goes hell for leather in the portal world. You'd have to consider more what the rewards of fighting on each front would be and take into account the situation in mutliple worlds far more than currently, where (based on my plays so far) you aren't likely to encounter an opponent's forces in a portal world. I know they do move to search them sometimes, but it seems to be in a half-hearted way and not very often. It's possible I just haven't been 'lucky' enough yet to find an opponent heavily entrenched in a portal world, maybe it just doesn't happen with the current AI. Having the possibility of a lord starting off in a portal world would for sure provide a chance for you to find yourself dominant on the main world but the underdog in a portal world.
d) More incentive to explore those portal worlds. There already are some fine incentives (new powerful troops, resources, etc). One of your opponents owning one of those portal worlds would add another incentive to go into them. To kick them out.
e) Quite probably a longer game. The game I outlined above would certainly have been lengthened and made more interesting had I encountered the twist where my final opponent had the larger share of his troops and territories in that portal world. The game's fun, nothing wrong with it taking longer.
f) The AI isn't as smart as most players. Sad but true, but oh well we should be proud of our human ingenuity. But if a lord started off in a portal world, assuming he managed to not get his butt handed to him (natural selection), he would quite likely have a nice advantage from being right on those juicy resources and powerful unit possibilities. That, again assuming he survived the first rounds of the game, would give him a boost that might help make up for the human being smarter.
g) I like the variety reason so much I'll just put it again lol. Variety is nice!

I'm aware of some balance issues this would create. If the player started in a portal world, it would very likely be way harder than when he starts in the main world, for the first part of the game. I'd accept that risk, click the option, and be ready to adapt to the more hostile beginning, and either try to survive and exploit the portal world to be stronger faster than my opponents, or if I couldn't hack it, pull out of there and hold the portal for later while I slowly built up in the main world (by the time I got there I would be less developed than the opponents, but again, the AI isn't as smart as me so I wouldn't mind having a disadvantaged start). On the other hand, if an opponent started in a portal world, it would have the same issues to balance. Either it would handle it and become stronger faster than the others and the player, it would run and have a slower start, or it would get beaten up so bad it wouldn't constitute a threat ever. +++variety. +++not knowing what to expect in terms of your opponent's strength. Those are positives and add to the emergent play.

3) DO SOMETHING TO MAKE TROOP TYPES MATTER MORE, FOR LONGER INTO THE GAME

I noted a few occasions when I would encounter a unit type that the units I had couldn't handle too well. I liked those moments. Having to figure out what to do about unit X or unit Y. Typically when it's happened I have had to use certain spell types or manufacture certain units that are 'good' against the target while keeping my other units away from that kind of fight. That creates the need to think and use strategy. Unfortunately, for me it hasn't happened enough, and when it has it tends to happen more in the early stages of a game. Later when troops are levelled up and oozing perks and buffs and pwnage they just hammer anything regardless of unit types and elemental/resistance types. When that happens it feels like half the challenge has gone. I wish I could give a good suggestion for how to preserve the need for strategically picking which unit types go against which unit types, but I can't think of a simple single thing that would resolve it. I'm tempted to think along the lines of just making those stats matter more in fights, take the elemental attack type effect, the elemental resistance effect, and just multiply them a lot until the meaning of them holds, even after levelling units a lot and all the buffs and perks. That'd probably do it but would perhaps make it way harder at the start of the game should the player encounter one of those units they didnt have the unit types to take and unless the necessary means to get hold of the required units were available it could spell an early game over. I'd be okay with that, plenty probably wouldn't be. So... in short, sorry, I haven't an easy solution to that little issue, I just point it out, that towards to mid and endgame, unit types, the resistance types of the enemies, etc, don't seem to play enough of a role in determining outcomes anymore; the player's powered up troops of all types can just pretty much flay whatever they meet, and the challenge is diminished by it.

4) MORE DLC!

So far the dlc has been very cheap but does feel like it has broadened/expanded the game nicely. That's a rare thing given that for most games, DLC is usually overpriced and doesn't change much.

5) MORE QUESTS, PERHAPS MULTI-STAGE QUESTS, AND/OR QUESTS WITH MULTIPLE WAYS OF RESOLVING THEM (WITH CONSEQUENCES), AND/OR QUESTS THAT ARE OFFERED ACROSS ALL LORDS ON A 'FIRST TO COMPLETE THE OBJECTIVE GETS THE REWARD' BASIS (FORCE MORE CONFLICT).

It's okay to get a quest to kill *this* unit. Or *that* unit. Or to build *this* city improvement. Those are okay, they're in the game. They are mostly the only quests you get. There could be more to quests, with some quests of a more complex nature spicing things up a bit.

Imagine getting a quest to kill *this* unit. Same as we already have, right? But wait, there's more. The unit you have to kill is a *boss*. Not just a powerful named boss unit either, it's one that you will definitely *not* be able to beat if you just head off and fight it. The quest says you get a reward for killing the unit however you wish to, but suggests you should defeat *that* miniboss first to obtain a scroll with the knowledge of how to do it. You track down the miniboss and find it's already dead, because the quest was offered across all lords and one of your opponents rushed to do it and got there first. Your enemy has the scroll that reveals the secret of how to kill that juicy boss unit. You open diplomacy and demand he gives you the scroll. He says no. You kill all his troops in the immediate area, and one of them has the scroll on it (you maybe could see which one when you hovered your cursor over it, or maybe there was an icon above it denoting it had the scroll - different ways of implementing it of course). Now you have the scroll, and it adds information to the quest; that the target boss unit is in X portal world, is vulnerable to fire, and can only die from melee attacks delivered in the same round as 3 missile hits, otherwise it stays alive on 0 health until that type of combo is delivered. Oh. So if you'd rushed at it without knowing that, yeah it would have owned you unless you are a lottery winning type and happened to do that coordinated attack by chance. So now you have to develop those unit types and coordinate that attack. And you get something juicy for doing it. That's a quest with more to it than kill *this* unit. It might not be that exciting and might well be massively flawed, but you get the idea. Quests with multiple 'parts' or quests with sequenced objectives. Not all the time, just now and then amongst all the more simple "do this", "do that" ones. Quests that unlock other quests maybe. I'm sure you know how it works, plenty of examples in plenty of RPGs of sequenced objectives and multi-pathed quests and questlines/series. Some types might fit the game more readily than others, some not at all, but I get the feeling for sure that the quests side of the game could be spiced up plenty and enrich the game enormously. And quests that are open to completion by rivals as well on a whoever does it first gets the payoff basis could add ways of creating conflict between lords (civ5 AI hates me building all those wonders...).

6) ALTERNATIVE GAME MODES/TOOLS FOR MODDING THEM

I know it would be a totally different game but... in a different mode, perhaps via a mod made with some.. modding tools... I could imagine playing a campaign of scenarios of increasing complexity and size with different victory/objectives as I progressed. I could even imagine playing a mod that got rid of cities and lords altogether and had me taking a bunch of units on a jolly oldschool explorative adventure through a world of hexes into a dungeon of hexes with plenty much tactical/strategic fighting (fantasy wars, wesnoth - whilst playing master of the arcane I was reminded of fantasy wars; similar graphics, those hexes, similar unit vs unit stuff etc, and wesnoth popped into my head too in terms of some of the battle tactics), perhaps a series of scenarios linked together with units carrying over etc. Yes, that would be a different game - but what I'm saying is that the master of the arcane game engine could easily accommodate those types of games as mods or alternative game modes. Anyway, this kind of wish/suggestion is not really for what I'd like to see happen to the standard Warlock:Master of the Arcane game, cos it's fun to play as it is, a kind of Fantasy Wars/Civilization hybrid (not to detract from its originality, just noting some pleasant ancestors); but it would be nice to see either DLCs or mods that used the engine and lore and resources in other ways to make different gaming experiences... which would perhaps best be achieved with modding tools for those people far more clever than I that come up with such amazing things.

7) MORE EVENTS AND OF MORE DIVERSE TYPES

I'm talking about those things that happen every once in a while where demons spawn or rogues etc. I'm not suggesting they be more frequent (to my tastes they seem perhaps a little too frequent as it is), just more varied. Maybe look at some of the weekly events that happen in games like HOMM that for that week change how you might play or at least force you to take them into account. Such as BOOM famine this week, food production is lowered. BOOM the life festival is here for ten days, life spells and life attacks are at x 1.5 for ten days. BOOM season of conflict, distrust and paranoia sweep the lands, for 15 turns all relations with other lords are reduced by x influence points (which if close to war could lead to war, or if only just allies could break alliances etc). BOOM the lord of shmargelzargel has arrived from another dimension with his entourage and they are running amok fighting everyone they meet for x turns; kill him for a sexy artefact and x gold/god rep/etc. Etc. The more drastic types of event would be best kept very spaced apart and happen very rarely, less drastic ones could be more frequent, but overall the events shouldn't probably be more frequent than they are currently cos as I said, at least to my tastes, they occur more than enough already. I'd just like to see some different ones that have different types of impact than GO HERE KILL THIS CLEAN UP THESE SPAWNPOINTS or GO HERE PICK UP THIS LOOT, and every once in a while, very rarely, something that maybe makes the game radically different and unique compared to a different playthrough.

8) WORLD CONFIG- ADD RANDOMIZE OPTIONS

a) Randomize options for type, size, rival lord number, portal world number, with the results made known to the player before starting

b) As above but don't tell the player the results of those randomizations, let them discover it in-game through exploration as the game unfolds. Nice to be kept on your toes sometimes instead of knowing what to expect.

Maybe have the randomize options (random seen/random unseen) appear in each category individually (type, size, rival lords, portal worlds), so if someone wants to specify on one category but random on another, they can.

9) MAKE TERRAIN MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO CITY IMPROVEMENTS

Currently, you build a farm on a lava hex or on a jungle hex and the food productivity of both farms are equal. Not only does this seem counter-intuitive, but it also means that the player has less to consider when choosing where to send a settler and what to build on each hex than he might. Modifiers to city structures for terrain types would add another layer of thinking and strategy in deciding where to settle and what to build where.

10) INCLUDE TERRAIN COMBAT MODIFIER INFORMATION IN TOOLTIPS WHEN CURSORING OVER HEXES

Terrain modifiers show in the combat prediction part of the screen, but to get to that point you've already moved your unit to get in range of the target. If you could see those modifiers when hovering over hexes (which currently only pops up tooltips saying "Forest" or "Hill" etc) you'd be better equipped to decide where to move your units beforehand (and without having to memorize or look up what terrain modifiers apply to different terrain).

Some things to think about maybe. Love the game as it is, but I do see it as having more scope for juicy things being squeezed out of it, and that's a compliment too. It's fun now, and with some extra options and some patching and some dlc and some mod tools, I can see it having a very long shelf-life and a wealth of replayability. So, good job on the game, great work.

Last edited:
On the spell research window...... where you can mouseover the 5 spells possible to research....... in the info tooltip it should indicate whether or not it is one of the required spells on the Create Artifact interface...

So it would say something like "Enables melee weapon artifact creation: +10% unit power"

something like that

i forgot to mention about UI.
in main window, all tooltips are something like"open/close **** panel". it would be better to show what we selected items info too.

btw spell casting pannel doesnt work correctly when its expanded, only 2 pages can be seen.

Don't know if this was mentioned or not but...statistics. Sometimes i wanna see how powerful my empire is compared to others. Or just add one at the end of the match to see how it went.

Because of the fog of war I dont think we should have access to this information during the game (except if spies units are added as a DLC in the future). The end of match one with some kind of history is really missing though.

What could we see a time series of (my nation on a cumulative plot).

Number of units created
or Number of hps of units created
or Number of xps of units created

Number of unit killed
or Number of hps of units killed
or Number of xps of units killed

Number of unit Alive
or Number of hps of units Alive
or Number of xps of units Alive

Number of gold earned

Number of food produced

Number of city occupied
Number of hex occupied
Number of building occupied
Number of temples

Number of Lords

Number of spells researched
Number of Mana learned

Etienne

This game needs variety since whatever race we pick we'll always be able to do the same things

An easy way to address that would be to create several handicaps when using different races. IE to only allow the creation of settlers of the starting race:

We'll still be able to use units and cities different from the initial pick, but not being able to create them would definitely force us to concentrate our empire on our race (particularly at the beginning and in mid game)

I'd like to see previews in the interface for the following things:

- How much damage a spell will cause to a unit
- Battle results for attacking a unit that's not in a currently adjacent hex (Battle for Wesnoth does this well)
- How many movement points entering a hex will cost.
- What defense bonuses/maluses my unit will get once it has entered said hex.

The civ series does those last two very well, btw.

As an alternative to the expensive research options can we get maybe a imp trainer and aybe a bat or ghost trainer? These tiles are annoying in that I cant buldoze them and I dont want to build on them.

В качестве альтернативы дорогие варианты исследований мы можем получить, может быть, тренер и имп aybe битой или призрак тренером? Эти плитки являются раздражающими в том, что я не могу buldoze них, и я не хочу, чтобы опираться на них.

This game needs variety since whatever race we pick we'll always be able to do the same things

An easy way to address that would be to create several handicaps when using different races. IE to only allow the creation of settlers of the starting race:

We'll still be able to use units and cities different from the initial pick, but not being able to create them would definitely force us to concentrate our empire on our race (particularly at the beginning and in mid game)

Good point, I agree that's a weakness in the game. Some of the uniqueness of playing different races does quickly get removed once you can recruit settlers of other races, which tends to happen early in the game. You basically then get access to all units and buildings (with perks) of all races, and that not only reduces the uniqueness of each playthrough and makes the initial race choice less meaningful (since they head toward the same mid and endgame comprising all available units and perks) but perhaps also reduces the challenge (it is later in the game when you have troops that have almost every or every perk available when it feels you can stop thinking about unit types vs other unit types (with a few exceptions) - uber perked up multi buffed units of almost every type can crush whatever they meet, and that's part of the reduction of strategy that happens in mid and end-games.

To a certain extent it is sometimes necessary for players to be able to build non-race units - there are times when you meet enemies that are immune to whatever your race has and unless you have spells or artifacts that get you through it might be frustrating. Even so I generally find a way (spells), and still, I agree that some kind of penalty or restriction or limitation to being able to being able to effectively step outside of your chosen race would preserve a different flavour for those initial race choices and make each game feel more different and with different challenges.

The settler restriction you suggest would be one solution. It could also be done by significantly increasing the costs of recruiting or building outside of one's chosen race (money and maybe time producing units/buildings of other races too), or having them as slightly inferior versions of the pure race units/buildings (that would take more work and require endless balancing so is probably a weak solution), or having to 'earn' or unlock the ability to recruit other race settlers by a long and costly building or research path or something. Plenty of ways to do it.

An option would be to have a certain probability that a "foreign" city or a "foreign" unit may revolt and become of the independant type.
This probability could be linked to
- the distance to the capital
- the number of neighbouring "original race" unit. (gardians)
- the number of neighbouring "original race" city. (gardians)
- the number of remining HP

aka
- an hurt "foreign unit" and/or "city" far from the original capital and far from the original race unit would be likely to revert to an independant state
- a fully healed foreign unit close to the center of the empire and closely controlled by regular troups wouldnt revert.

Etienne

I want to get an Info if two other mages make diplomatic moves (declare war on each other, make peace etc.)!
Also diplomatic system should be expanded. Trade treaties, exchange of units, Right to pass through own territory, defending treaties etc.

Still having a blast with this game! With the addition of Lord Units, I would appreciate the option of:

a. Being able to have more at once! Maybe an option at game creation to increase the number of Lords, like we can with the Portal Worlds. Or perhaps,

b. Having a "preview/hiring" window where newly discovered Lords will remain for a few turns. This way, if the player has the maximum amount of Lords already, they have the option of deciding to fire an existing Lord or not. Currently, whenever I hit max Lords I feel like I need to fire one so I don't miss out on a later (often better) Lord.

More colorful monsters! Currently phantom spiders and the giant trees are the only natural monsters with any color. How about snakes, birds, dinosaurs, salamanders, dragonflies, ghosts, slimes, worms, will-o-wisp, witches, animated weapons, sand golems, snow golems, water sprites etc etc

Более красочное монстров! Настоящее время призрак пауки и гигантские деревья, естественно монстров с любым цветом. Как насчет змей, птиц, динозавров, саламандр, стрекоз, призраки, шламов, червей, будет-о-пучок, ведьмы, анимированные оружия, песок големов, снег големов, русалки и т.д. и т.п.

The diplomacy can use an upgrade, also (as was already mentioned in the thread) picking a race at the begining should matter more. For example make it so the undead can't recruit human units and vice versa.

...also ... picking a race at the begining should matter more. For example make it so the undead can't recruit human units and vice versa.

partly agree

the choice of the race is in my opinion primary just the selection of the units you surely want to have. for me, every time i play i want to have wolfs of helia, the most powerful unit imho...

btw, i think werewolfs etc shoud be an undead unit. not because i like undead, i prefer the monster race, but in the fantasy context, werewolfs are undeads :) and the difference between monsters wolfs and trolls are very small, where undeads are totally lacking such kind of strong (upgradeable) troops...

Last edited:
Gameplay changes:

Make Koatl their own race, remove the Koatl villages, expand upon their theme of strong early units, with no upgrade options. More amphibious focus as well. Perhaps make them able to worship Grum-Gog? Make them weak economically, but give them a more efficient settler to compensate.

Change the voices for the Elven race. Majesty has always been a game with a good sense of humor (“Best archers in the wooorld!”). The new elven race seems to have forgotten that. Dark/emo/elven/tragedy/Drizzt parodies are just screaming to be made here.

Temple units that cannot be upgraded to should feel slightly more powerful than their “upgrade to” counterparts.

Fix non-elven Helia units enchantment bug, or turn it in to a perk and be done with it.

Give all capitals multiple damage types, with each race having a unique mix.

Either make units with abilities work like Adepts of Lunord, or remove these abilities in favor
of more abilities with secondary components (Iril Bowmasters are a great example of this done right). At the moment, all the single target, direct damage abilities become useless once a unit is sufficiently buffed and leveled, the above two suggestions would alleviate this.

Give each race something different from the various unit resources on the map. (ex. Monsters would still get Minotaurs. Humans might get some sort of unit resembling Theseus. Undead might get an undead variation, etc.)

Nerf or modify the Lightning Bolt combo. I agree with making it a single target, armor punishing spell, and even adding a stun to it. Making it AoE is too much, and as has been stated on this forum, punishes upgrading certain units (Goblin Spears and Archers) which is counter intuitive, and arguably bad design.

Remove some of the Lesser, Regular, Greater spells in favor of more specialized spells. Once modified, spells like Lightning Bolt are both powerful, and interesting. Creating a non-armored punishing spell, and other such utility spells is more interesting, and a better use of spell slots, especially when it rewards the player for utilizing spell combos without breaking the game (like the current Lightning Bolt does).

Give the player more control as far as what heroes they get. Ogres, Goblin Archers, etc. may be good, but not everyone will want them. I'm not saying remove the randomness from the game, but alternate aesthetics. Perhaps heroes come in groups, and you choose one. You could go so far as to make all the hero choices statistically the same, but aesthetically different.

Ability to choose a game setting where each Great Mage starts on a different plane, and/or give multiple portal entrances and exits to planes (or be able to build them as a building). Improve AI to know how to use portals and take advantage of planes.

All:

Remove the current economy trees in favor of race specific trees, introduce mutually exclusive buildings and trees within each race to introduce more variety and strategy in to the game. Examples below.

Remove or drastically improve naval vessels. They're useless in the current adaptation of the game. Perhaps we should make them extremely powerful, but water dependent until levitation comes in to play to increase the risk coastal gold cities present. Could strengthen harbors in turn to create a higher risk/reward variable that would add some great strategic depth to the game.

Humans:

Maintain the gold focus, remove or rework their food and mana lines to be dependent on gold. (ex. Grocery +5 Food +25% Food -5% Gold) That way, all human cities do what they currently do and focus gold, but you can decide later on whether to keep it pure gold, or give it a powerful secondary focus. Perhaps a final tier group of buildings that are mutually exclusive that either takes the powerful gold focus you have and make it reach insane levels, or converts a portion of it to give the city a powerful secondary focus.

Humans are unique in the fact they're the only race that can upgrade in to any of their temple units. Emphasize this, and maybe even give them a costly late game option to create holy grounds. To make them most likely to win via holy grounds or avatar.

Fix catapults to be viable, or remove them completely and replace them.

Modify clerics in some way to differentiate them from shamans (since the only thing they have going for them currently is that they can upgrade in to temple units, an ability that is not guaranteed to be viable in any given game [though the proposed changes to humans may be an acceptable way to “change” them]).

Monsters:

Maintain the food focus, like humans make the gold and mana lines dependant on food. (ex. Altar to Grum-Gog +5 Mana +25% Mana -5% Food) Give the monsters more ability than the humans to drastically convert their food to gold and mana to where they'll eventually end up at a food negative in that city if they pursue those lines too strongly, and make it so they're always inferior in total output to UD and humans in their respective areas.

Ratmen need a buff, or something to differentiate them from Rogues (save the ability to upgrade in to the underwhelming Paladins of Life). Strenthen or modify Paladins of Life.

Weaken Old Trolls.

Don't know enough about rats (not ratmen) to know if they need any modifying.

Monsters have very solid units at a good price to power ratio. Keep this and they may not need an alternate with emphasis.

Undead:

Follow suit with Humans and monsters. Alchemy to turn mana to gold or mana to food. Remove the ability for UD cities to grow without food (perhaps the necromancers that aren't yet liches need food to survive in order to raise more undead). Make food conversion inefficient?

Krolm's Housecarls (how many times does it need to be said in this forum) NEED A BUFF!

Dracolich is underwhelming. Give it a buff to help match its cost.

This race remains the most likely to get the best use of summoning spells, so giving them an emphasis on an alternate win may not be necessary.

Elves:

Give all their buildings inferior yields compared to other races, but produce more than one type of yield in order to emphasize their generalist over specialist feel. Where other races may have a powerful, focused yield scheme and conversion mechanic, elves produce everything reasonably well, lack specialization. Give all (or at least most of) their buildings research output, and possibly make them the race most likely to Unity Spell.

Make their units strong for the extended time and cost they have. This is already present to a degree, but not to the extent it needs to be. Most people on the forums are complaining elves aren't competitive, and I'd have to agree. Insane late game, but not enough so to make it worth the early game struggle. The buff to their units would also make the early game more manageable. Do this well enough and the elves become a powerful strategic choice/alternative, as they were intended to be.

DLC:

Add a dwarf race. You already added elves. (Makes me sad that Majesty 2 made gnomes part of the monster race. Loved gnomes in Majesty, and always strived to get gnome champions.)

Add a demon race. Demons were always a large part of Majesty lore, and should be easy to expand. Could be combined with draconic elements, as they were another of the major antagonist that has not yet been covered by the existing races, or make them their own separate race. (Harder to balance more races though.)

Here's my wishlist:

1) AI improvements
1a) Have the AI build up stronger units instead of spamming weak ones. It should favor building perk improvements and then adding those perks to its units. It should try to build the strongest units possible as soon as it can instead of spending all its resources on filling the map with rats.
1b) I think this is a result of the issue in 1a, but the AI does not expand fast enough. It will go to war with a neighboring Great Mage in favor of expanding to unoccupied territory. Not really a good strategy.
2) Ability to customize AI opponents in game settings (e.g. play human vs undead)
3) Minimap enhancements so that enemies and enemy camps are visible; other options also as is standard in similar games)
4) Remove ability for one faction to have cities of another faction (or at least provide this as an option in game settings)

Grrr if you dont like building other races units - destroy the cities whne you capture them. Using other races units is one ofthe best parts of the game.

I think humans are underpowered. The Gold advantage is lost to the high gold upkeep of most human units. I see the human missing a zerg unit and a heavy unit

Zerg : Rats and Bats are cheap and spamable scouts, one flies the other has a 30% unit power debuff. The human rogue is really lacking in the special ability regard. I'd like to see a trainable dog unit that gets +10% when next to a friendly unit.
Heavy : Zombies have a aoe debuff and high hp. WereWolves have crazy regen and do spirit magic dmg which has no resist. Humans have nothing here. I'd like to see a squishy "herald/bard" unit that gives aoe buff and can grant movement like the elf archers.
Seige: Trolls are great siege units with high hp and crazy regen. Dracoloich are flying aoe'n coolness. Catapults look like a banana sling..and while the range is nice you cant heal them. How about a sapper unit that gets a bonus to seige and can "mine" a square that causes dmg to any unfirendly unit in nearby squres?

Зерги: крысы и летучие мыши являются дешевыми и spamable разведчиков, один летит другой имеет 30% блок питания дебафф.Человек-изгоев действительно не хватает в этом особое внимание способности. Я бы хотел, чтобы обучаемый блок собака, которая получает 10%, когда рядом с дружественного юнита.
Тяжелые: Зомби имеют АоЕ дебафф и высокой лошадиных сил. Оборотни имеют сумасшедшие регенерации и сделать волшебный дух урон который не имеет сопротивляться. У людей ничего нет. Я хотел бы видеть мягкими "Вестник / бард" устройство, которое дает положительный эффект аое и может дать движение, как эльф лучников.
Осада: Тролли большие единицы осаду с высокой л.с. и сумасшедший регенерации. Dracoloich летят aoe'n прохладу. Катапульты похожим на банан ремень .. и в то время как диапазон хорошо вы не можете исцелить их. Как насчет сапер подразделения, которое получает бонус к осаде и может "добывать" квадрат, который вызывает урон любому unfirendly блок в соседней squres?

Status
Not open for further replies.