META THREAD: Warlock Wishlist - Post ALL your Suggestions here...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Team Games in multiplayer
  • Hotseat Mode
  • An additional race
  • More uses for gold: Quick purchasing of units, "Mana Potions," and border expansions for high amounts of gold.
  • For multiplayer, I'd love to see additional options for setting up games: Quicker or slower productions times, increase or decrease the amount of monsters/neutral units on the map, and variety and spread of resources.
  • I'd love to see more diplomacy options, to be temporary allies with enemy great mage for a few turns to help defeat a common stronger foe, or maybe take a queue from majesty and be able to set a bounty on an enemy player's Lord, making it a target to neutrals, and enemy players

Looking at the amount of suggestions this game has obviously touched a soft spot !

I read somewhere "elves" as a new race, this doesnt make senses to me as "elves" are already included. As previously said you need something non human, non monsters and non undead (I proposed robots, and their alien rulers (the ones from mars attack not the riddley scott ones), tripods from war of the world could be in the race, as well as flying saucers and so on..)

"magic wonders" could spice the game too (7 magical unique stuff should be easy to design, like an inferno volcano, a magic geyser, a magical library, a magical grove, a rainbow and so on..), they could add a buff to the warlock itself !

Thx again for this great game, there is soo much you can add to it, please keep on.

More quests, allocated by appropriate deities, who apply an increasing range of specific and individual punishments when their demands aren't met.

OK, since I'm not at the computer with Warlock on it I'll post rather than play...

So many wishes here... so many wishes that make mine redundant.

I'll mention my top three:
1) Better AI.
2) Something to further differentiate the Great Wizard/spell casting experience from game to game.

Perhaps some perks that give a bonus or discount to certain types of spells? (Ex: Elemental damage cast 25% faster. Life boosts 1/3 cheaper. City spells 1/2 mana to cast and maintain.) Or a spell research tree rather than the random selection? (Though I kinda dig the random selection.) Perks giving a bonus with only 1 type of unit, but more powerful than 1 xp/turn? Perks with negative values that give disadvantages? (Archer-units x2 cost, -20% mana.)

3) Modding tools.

More options when setting up games:
-Monsters and their spawn points: How many monsters spawns at the start of the game, whether or not new ones appear as the game progresses (really want the option to turn that off), how frequently new monsters spawn from a spawn point.
-How many neutral cities there are in the world.
-Adjust how common special resources are, and how common racial resources are.
-How severe the penalties are for wrong race cities.
-Adjust how dangerous otherworlds are, and how much better the resources are in them. And the same options for Ardania.
-Option to enable/force Great Mages to begin the game in otherworlds (a game where the otherworlds are less dangerous then Ardania, and the Great Mages are invading it).
-Great Mage bonus to start the game with a specific racial resources nearby. Possibly also add new units to racial resources to balance them with Koatl village.
-Turn quests on/off (plus the option to turn off god quests), change how often they're given.

1) Enrich maps to make exploring more fun and engaging.
Right now, I explore in order to grab a few free resources here and there, to find out where world portals are, where my enemies are, and to build cities. I think it'd be great to include more world "fun points of interest", such as a tavern to visit to buy items/recruit heroes, encounter wandering mages who can teach you a spell for a price, lairs you can enter and explore where a powerful boss creature lives protecting some nice loot, fountains that bless Great Mages or Lords with random effects, individual forts that produce unique units (which then would need to be defended!). I think this would also compliment the Lords concept, as the Lords would generally be the "player avatars" then doing the exploring and reaping the benefits.

3. More Artifacts, or, Artifacts with Enchantments!
Now with Lords and artifacts, while loving them, I'm also beginning to quickly grow weary of the repetitiveness. The world event where artifact chests appear is cool... though when half of all the loot are Combat Brooms or Swords of Truth, it becomes disappointing. There are so many spells and affects available, I think it's a low hanging fruit to greatly increase the artifacts available, if only by simply adding a chance for an artifact to be generated with a random spell affectation. It'd be great to find a Sword of Truth... that also was randomly generated to grant the wielder a Frost Weapon Enchantment! There could be even more rare randomly generated charts where an item could even grant the Lord multiple enchantments.

...do I win points for my suggestions getting into latest DLCs ? :p

Another one for city lists. This game desperately needs informative list of cities with income/expenses of mana/gold, existing buildings and unit/buildings queue!

And possibility to immediately go to this city thru list too! :)

Just a quick suggestion:

I would really love to see plots with residential buildings be connected to other plots with residential buildings via residential buildings. Bit of a mouth full. Unfortunately right now cities are a bit disjointed with massive gaps between improved plots. I think it would make the game look a lot nicer if the cities were one big contiguous whole.

New character perk suggestion: Charismatic
Possible effects:
Reduces negative modifiers on your cities that are a different race.
Increases chance for "Lord for hire" and "Artifact for sale" events.
Increases population growth rate of your Capital and same race cities.
Positive relation bonus with other Great Mages.

It's been mentioned before, I just want to emphasize that the current system of unit and city identification by colour only can make it extremely difficult for colour blind or partially colour blind people. :sad:

So my biggest wish would be:
  • Please add a label, symbol, tool tip or any other kind of non-colour dependet identification to units and cities!
Other than, it would also be quite helpful to have a little bit more in-game rules information, e.g.

• Add information about how many movement points it costs exactly to move through one hex
  • Add information on whether you will still be able to attack after you have moved to a certain hex
  • When new buildings become available for construction, it would be very helpful to have more information on the new units and/or perks that will become available once they are finished. Right now you can only see the names of the units/perks which aren't always very helpful. I'd like to know the stats so I can decide what I want to built.
Thanks in advance :)

1. MODABILITY or at least save game editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.