• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In Finnmarksvidda they "hunt", or should I say gather reindeer with snowmobiles. Can't say they're hunting them, since they're their own reindeer. In Norway we call it "tamrein", would be something like domesticated reindeer. I would be very surprised if there's any wild reindeer in Norrland.

In Finland I believe the principal way of living of sami is herding their reindeers. Rather nomadic thing, but they have been doing it for centuries and I really don't see why anyone would try to force 'em quit. One thing that would force them to stop herding is increased deforestation and otherwise reducing the areas where reindeer can pasture, so maybe first have events where sami complain about deforestations and demand more protected natural parks, where not agreeing to demands would make it possible for sami independence movement to start.

Though Österbotten really is far too large province to be given to sami, considering that they really are a small minority of that whole province's population.

Herding was the term I looked for! :)

There could be a random event called "deforestation" or something, decreasing the tax values of Sámi territories and decreasing the population there..

deallus said:
Herding was the term I looked for! :)

There could be a random event called "deforestation" or something, decreasing the tax values of Sámi territories and decreasing the population there..

...and giving a one time money bonus.

Possible norwegian '94 EU referendum event

Code:
event = {
	id = [ID]
	random = no
	country = NOR
	name = "Referendum on the European Union"
	desc = "The growing debate on whether our glorious nation should join the steadily expanding European Union has ended in a referendum"
	style = 1
	date = { day = 28 month = november year = 1994 } # please change to fit :)

action_a = {
		name = "Join the European community!"
		command = { type = treasury value = 1000 } # Money from the Union
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 1 value = 255 } # Østlandet
		command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 256 } # Bergenhus
		command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 258 } # Trondheim
		command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 259 } # Narvik
		command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 261 } # Finnmark
		command = { type = sleepevent which = [ID] } # Future referendums?
		command = { type = setflag which = eu_nor } # To be used with USE events?
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "Don't sell our nation!"
		command = { type = treasury value = -500 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
}

deallus said:
Possible norwegian '94 EU referendum event

Code:
event = {
	id = [ID]
	random = no
	country = NOR
	desc = "The growing debate on whether our glorious nation should join the steadily expanding European Union has ended in a referendum"
	style = 1

action_a = {
		command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 256 } # Bergenhus
		command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 258 } # Trondheim
		command = { type = setflag which = eu_nor } # To be used with USE events?
	}
	action_b = {
		command = { type = treasury value = -500 }
	}
}

Nice event, but maybe some suggestions:

1. Perhaps reducing the penalyty in baetax for joining the Union, I agree it sould be a ad thing for Norway, since they would lose income from there fisheries...
  2. leave out the -500 cash in the second option ( it could force a human player to automatically choose option a if he hasn't enough money in the treasury)
  3. maybe add some negative relations with other EU-members (nothing much, somewhat upto -25 would do)
  4. If you want to keep it historical, reverse the options, the AI chooses the a-option 95% of the time
  5. a better date would be soomwhere in '95 when Sweden and Finland also joined

These are just suggestions, implement them as you will...

labalag said:
Nice event, but maybe some suggestions:

1. Perhaps reducing the penalyty in baetax for joining the Union, I agree it sould be a ad thing for Norway, since they would lose income from there fisheries...
  2. leave out the -500 cash in the second option ( it could force a human player to automatically choose option a if he hasn't enough money in the treasury)
  3. maybe add some negative relations with other EU-members (nothing much, somewhat upto -25 would do)
  4. If you want to keep it historical, reverse the options, the AI chooses the a-option 95% of the time
  5. a better date would be soomwhere in '95 when Sweden and Finland also joined

These are just suggestions, implement them as you will...
  1. Well, it would be a disaster for the norwegian fishing industry as well as the norwegian small-scale agricultural industry (both sides of the argument agree upon that), and after what I remember all the provinces with negative tax impact is fishing regions in EU2. I've redused the penalty for Bergenhus and Trondheim.
  2. Good point. I've lowered the number to 100, but still there should be a money penalty. I also got Østlandet a minor tax penalty (corporations moving abroad)
  3. Done :) Added penalty for the major countries, UK, Germany, France and neighboring Denmark
  4. Also done ;)
  5. I dont' agree at all. Sweden had the referendum a week before Norway, Finland only some time after. There COULD be an event in '95 which is triggered/sleeped by the referendum event, but I guess that would be a waste of events. The last referendum was on 28. november 1994, I don't see how it could get more historical than that :p

Code:
event = {
	id = [ID]
	random = no
	country = NOR
	style = 1

action_a = {
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = 255 } # Østlandet
		command = { type = relation which = ENG value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = GER value = -50 } # Germany?
		command = { type = relation which = DEN value = -50 }
	}

action_b = {
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = 256 } # Bergenhus
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = 258 } # Trondheim
		command = { type = setflag which = eu_nor } # To be used with Un. States of Eur. events?
	}
}

I've told you before that the interface project has stranded. I haven't got the skills! I can upload some of the .psd files if someone else is interested in finishing it. :p

Man, you just killed MDS. I have told myself I will release new uber version of MDS if deallus finishes his interface. I hateee youuuu ;) I am going to HoI2 MDS! :p

David Bowie said:
We passed upon the stair, we spoke of was and when
Although I wasn't there, he said I was his friend
Which came as some surprise I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone, a long long time ago

Oh no, not me
I never lost control
You're face to face
With the man who sold the world

I laughed and shook his hand, and made my way back home
I searched for form and land, for years and years I roamed
I gazed a gazely stare at all the millions here
We must have died along, a long long time ago

Who knows? Not me
We never lost control
You're face to face
With the man who sold the world
Stop bitchin' and get someone else to do it :rofl:

Tsk, I don't think an interface would have changed much to the fact that
EU2 isn't a good engine to do a modern mod with tanks/aircrafts/ships etc.

At least in HOI2 you will be able to make events that only refer to stuff that actually happened because 10 years takes a long time in it... And with some luck you might be able to find someone willing or who have done sprites for F16, M1A1 etc. And AI wont jump on each other eventually just because they have a different religion.

Btw, I'd like to measure the interest as far as this goes:
http://crystalmir.info/ar2scen.exe

Any ideas what I should do with that? Especially events... I have no ideas what to make as events. Basically the premises was to be able to play a modern nation from 1419 and relive history that way.

Small README
-------------
It use a moddir, so just extract to your europa2 root folder.
Use the file ar2scen.bat to start the game

A lot of countries aren't in yet and a lot aren't balanced. This is to measure interest. Most countries in america, except USA, are balanced.

There's no events or AI yet...
------------------------------------------------------------