• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Might I suggest that Chirac's military reforms affect the serfdom slider? Since forced military duty is a serfdom of some kind. Meaning a -1 serfdom if he reforms the army. Also one could se the lack of reforms as narrowminded. Meaning a -1 innovative if option b is chosen. Lastly shouldn't option C cause some sort of unrest or damage to trade investments due to boycots? Perhaps a -1 or -2 stability hit and a -200 trade investment?

Remember that DP sliders are changed. (the names) Dont remember how. Dunno if it was in the last beta. But we have a thread somewhere.

Huh? You'll have to link me to the page.

Well, made another event for the Frenchies.

PHP:
event = {

id = 14503
	random = no
	country = FRA
	name = "Financial Reform"
	desc = "France in '95 saw many problems. Following Prime Minister Juppe's announcement for a massive overhaul of the social security system and the raising of taxes a long transportaion worker's strike crippled the nation late in the year. This reform focused on reducing the budget deficit and qualify France for the  European Monetary Union."
	date = { day = 13 month = august year = 1995 }
	offset = 137
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1991 }

action_a = {
		name = "Reform!"
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 2 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 382 value = 2 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 383 value = 2 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 418 value = 2 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 406 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 408 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 410 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 417 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 416 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 415 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 414 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 413 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 412 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 411 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 426 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 422 value = 1 }
	}

action_b = {
		name = "No"
		command = { type = flag which = FRANC }
		command = { type = inlation value = 3 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -700 }
	}
}

Originally posted by Kyran
Huh? You'll have to link me to the page.

No. I think we never ended the discusion. A lot of people opened threads about how they wanted the DP sliders to be changed. Look after threads older then 30 days and maybe you find something.

Make it "30 months" Gath;)

We haven't decided it yet, officially, but I think that it is as good as done.

I'll check it up:)

Then Again, I didn't find any thread with that name... DP sliders or something... I'm too lazy to check out all threads with a possible name... I'm too tired.

I'll do it tomorrow if no one else does it before me (please do!;))

We did change the names in one thread, but I dunno if it's implemented in the game, and where the thread is...

This is following a topic on OT I read some time ago and remembered today when thinking what to do for a event.
Greenland should really be a vassal of Denmark to start I think as they are self ruling just not their foreign affairs and vassal is closest we get to this. Anyway this is if you don't change that.

#Greenland by Josquius
event = {
id = xxxx
trigger = {
owned = { province = 1537 data = -1 }
owned = { province = 1538 data = -1 }
owned = { province = 309 data = -1 }
NOT = {
owned = { province = 1456 data = -1 }
random = no
country = DAN
name = "Greenland independance?"
desc = "Greenland has been steadily getting more and more independant for the last 100 years, first Iceland went independant then we gave Greenland partial self rule. Now they want full self rule"
style = 1
date = { day = 31 month = May year = 2046 }
offset = 25
action_a = {
name = "Let them go"
command = { type = secedeprovince which = greenland value = 1537
command = { type = secedeprovince which = greenland value = 1538
action_b = {
name = "Greenland forever!"
command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 1538 value = 7 }
command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 1537 value = 6 }
}
}

Last edited:
I've got an idea but not the ability to code it, an Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Russian event called "Sámi revolts":

The Sámi people has been an oppressed people ever since the their areas was colonized by other cultures. Their frustration culminated in great revolts starting in northern Norway and spreading towards the rest of northern scandinavia and the Kola peninsula.

Norway:

A: Crush the revolt! (revolt in Finnmark, revolt risk +3, stability -3)

B: Let them have their homeland! (create the realm of Sápmi in Finnmark, revolt risk -2, stability +3)

C: Hand more control over to the Sameting (something-something)

Sweden, if Sápmi not created:

A: Crush the revolt! (revolt in Lappland, revolt risk +3, stability -3)

B: Let them have their homeland! (create the realm of Sápmi in Lappland, revolt risk -2, stability +3)

C: Hand more control over to the Sameting (something-something)

if Sápmi already created:

same as above, but B: Hand over they're areas to Sápmi (Lappland to Sápmi, revolt risk -2, stability +3

For Finland and Russia, the same events but drop the B, since the areas has only Sámi minorities..

Well, the problem is that the finish areas that is sami land are in a province that span ahlf of Finland...

Plus, I think Västerbotten should also be considered sami claims.

that's why they shouldn't be allowed provinces in Finland and Russia, if you read what I wrote.. ;)

Sameting (not thing) is the Sámi "parliament", if you could call it that. (something-something) is a way to say that I don't really know what the treats should be for choosing that option..

deallus said:
that's why they shouldn't be allowed provinces in Finland and Russia, if you read what I wrote.. ;)

Actually, I think they should be given Kola, since that is part of their ancestral homelands, even if the sameting has no power in Russia. Perhaps a, surprise surprise, event chain to claim Kola?

The provinces that have sami population is Narvik, Finnmark (Norway), Lappland, Västerbotten (Sweden), Österbotten (Finland) and also Kola (Russia).

Now, Österbotten is in game so large that it fills half of Finland. The Sami should not get half of Finland, and thus, they shouldn't get this province. However, I don't see why they wouldn't get the rest of the provinces...

Also, the sami wouldn't just decide that they want independence like that, there should be some events before that. Perhaps to force the sami to settle down and start working like "ordinary" people do, instead of following the raindeers like they have always done? That would make the sami angry!

HoChiMinh said:
Also, the sami wouldn't just decide that they want independence like that, there should be some events before that. Perhaps to force the sami to settle down and start working like "ordinary" people do, instead of following the raindeers like they have always done? That would make the sami angry!
I agree, but then again, I'm no good at coding..

Narvik (really Nordland and half of Troms fylke) has only a Sámi minority and should not be handed over to the Sámis. As far as I know the same goes for Västerbotten. If you just watch where Sámis live you should consider that most Sámis actually live in Oslo.. ;)

deallus said:
I agree, but then again, I'm no good at coding..

Narvik (really Nordland and half of Troms fylke) has only a Sámi minority and should not be handed over to the Sámis. As far as I know the same goes for Västerbotten. If you just watch where Sámis live you should consider that most Sámis actually live in Oslo.. ;)

Well, over there most of the live in Norrland, hunting raindeer with helicoptres and scooters ^^
Welcome to Sweden, mate.