• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but this is stupid. If something isn't broken, don't fix it. If someone is good, don't throw him away.

It is good that we have people like you, viewing issues only from their own point of views.
In democracies, the majority chosen by the people rule. Not a Russian immigrant whom Lenin gave his powers.

You will hate me for saying the truth, but the VSVR needs a Proposition 19.
Nah mean?

All drugs should be legal for personal use, provided they do not prove detrimental to the person's ability to work or they prove harmful to others.

Freedom of Speech must be included in the constitution. However, any person or faction openly professing racist, anti-semitic, sexist, nationalistic or religious values cannot be a member of the People's Party. However, they shall not be prosecuted or otherwise discriminated against for their beliefs.

Capital punishment, except in cases of mass murder (defined as premeditated and causing the death of two or more), treason or attempted revolution, should be abolished. In the event someone is sentenced to death, the sentence shall be carried out using a lethal combination of various drugs, delivered intravenously.

Everyone, no matter their place of origin, should be granted the full rights of citizenship within the VSVR.

Paramilitary organisations should be made illegal. They present a dangerous, unnecessary element to state politics.

Just a few ideas of mine.

I mostly agree with the last Raphs post.
I don’t see any mechanisms how citizens can influence political and local processes, looks like democracy ends with elections.
Also, I think in constitution should be included some mechanisms how to guarantee independence of courts, from political powers and state influence.

I agree that local institutions might be regulated in the constitution, but since this is a matter of debate within the party (especially the role of the councils), I don't think it should be part of the constitution unless there can be a consensus between the factions.

EDIT: I would like to ask those of you proposing various different legislation why this should be part of the constitution and not just regular legislation possible to change through regular democratic elections?

"The Party is held to be a democratic expression of the People's will, and therefore there shall be no restrictions placed on membership. There shall be no political, ethnic, gender or any other type of restriction."

"The Central Committee, the Assembly and the Chairman are equal in stature.

The Constituent Assembly shall be appointed by a proportional allocation of its seats from the Popular Vote every five years. The Speaker of the Constituent Assembly shall be elected by the Constituent Assembly. The members of the Assembly are understood to be the People's Delegates. Legislation may originate from the Assembly. All legislation, including that which originates in the Committee, must secure a majority of the Delegates' votes. Acts such as the amendment of the Constitution, and other governmental changes, must gain no less than two thirds of the votes.

The Central Committee shall be appointed by a proportional allocation of its seats from the Popular Vote every five years. The allocation of particular posts is the responsibility of the Chairman. The Central Committee may originate legislation and take executive action. All legislation, including that which originates in the Assembly, must secure a majority of the members' votes, with the Chairman having the casting vote in the event of a tie.

The Chairman shall be elected by a majority of the Party vote every five years. If no candidate receives a majority of votes, candidates may transfer their votes to another candidate and drop out of the race until such time as a candidate does have a majority. The Chairman must be confirmed by a majority of the Assembly and a majority of the Central Committee. In the event that no suitable candidate may be found, even after vote transfers, the Assembly shall elect a Temporary Chairman until such a time as a candidate may be agreed upon." The Chairman may take executive action.

"At such a time when the revolution has embraced the whole world, and a World State has been established, the State shall begin the process of passing on its various functions to the People. The state shall first transfer ownership of all its property to the people, the exact method being decided upon at the time. It shall then follow that the state's functions will become obsolete, and thus the state will be abolished."

Of course we also need a bill of Political and Social rights, including Free Speech but also including the right not to go hungry, the right to receive adequate medical care and so on.

I have a feeling communists would not view it as a division of negative and positive liberties but instead as a mix of requirements for happy workers - the minimal program of the Worker's Utopia of True Communism. My suggestion is that these be the rights of the Proletariat, with the first right being the right of all to join the Proletariat and receive these rights.

A less bourgeoisie version of these, perhaps?:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Universal_Declaration_of_Human_Rights
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipe...enant_on_Economic,_Social_and_Cultural_Rights

Last edited:
I once again call for the ban of racism, sexism, or any other discrimination punishabe with 5 years on a prison farm.

I once again call for the ban of racism, sexism, or any other discrimination punishabe with 5 years on a prison farm.

People should not be sent to prison camps for what they say, comrade, no matter how much we disagree.

My ideas on the political restructuring of the checks and balances of the State are pretty different from those of others, but even though it is a minor sub-strata of what is going on might I suggest this as a rough suggestion as to the rights part of the equation?

The International Manifesto of Proletarian Rights*
The right of all human beings to the Proletarian Rights set forth in this Manifesto, without distinction of any kind, such as race, color, sex, language, religion, political opinion, national or social origin, or other status.
The right to life, freedom, and safety within the International Proletariat.
The right to the due process of law and humane carrying out of sentence.
The right of each to receive according to their need as long as they give according to their ability.
The right to free speech, free press, free association, and peaceful assembly.
The right to members of the Party to form militias, in which law abiding members of the Proletariat may peacefully bear arms, with the understanding that the sponsoring Party members are responsible for the actions of the armed Proletariat they represent.**
The right of the Proletariat and the Party Members to their respective political participation laid out elsewhere in this manifesto.
The right to freely chosen or accepted work, with just and favorable working conditions and the freedom of workers to form voluntary organizations such as trade unions beyond the organs of the workers state (such as the current Soviets).
The right to the free and voluntary establishment of families, with special protection and assistance to mothers and children.
The right to an adequate standard of living, including adequate food and housing, with the continuous improvement of living conditions.
The right to the highest attainable standard of health.
The right to an education that enables all persons to participate effectively in the proletariat.
The right to enjoy the benefits of culture, scientific progress, and recognition for one's accomplishments and contributions to the proletariat.

*essentially this is structured as an international document that will first be ratified for the VSVR by the VSVR and can then be introduced to the Comintern or not. It only applies to ratifiers anyway, so why enshrine nationalism when we can frame it as an international document?
**trying to disarm the Young Anarchist militia would just result in another civil war, but it helps to be able to hold Party members responsible for factional militias.

It includes the two visions of the evolution to Communism: the Marxist's love of constantly improving social conditions with the Anarchist's love of personal freedoms.

Hmm...I love my specific sort of UN-y human rights that I distilled here, but trying to mesh them with the broad USConstitution type rights that serve as their philosophical justification seems a bit muddled. Perhaps it needs to be separated into two parts...

Last edited:
Is someone interested by mi proposal of a two term limit for the chairman's office?

There's no need for such a restriction. What value does it serve? If a chairman is effective enough to be voted in for more than two terms, why limit him? He clearly has the support of both the Party and the people.

There's no need for such a restriction. What value does it serve? If a chairman is effective enough to be voted in for more than two terms, why limit him? He clearly has the support of both the Party and the people.

Fact being that the people get only a few candidates that Tommy chooses. :p
There should be some limit, as to prevent possible dictators or one citizens gaining too much power.

Not to mention, a Chairman who has already served his terms under such a system would be more inclined to make unpopular decisions knowing that he doesn't have to face popular opinion in the form of an election.

Free speech and freedom of political opinion are bad ideas. Counter-revolutionaries should only have two rights: the right to be exiled or their right to their preferred choice of execution should they waive their first right.

I disapprove of the proposed two-term limit. It is an unjustified impairment of the democratic rights of the people and the party members to vote for whoever they want.

EDIT: However, I think that all political officals should be possible to recall through a referendum on the respective political level; such a referendum should be held if a large enough portion of the electorate (10%? more?) requests it.

Fact being that the people get only a few candidates that Tommy chooses. :p
There should be some limit, as to prevent possible dictators or one citizens gaining too much power.

A term limit isn't going to prevent dictatorships. If someone wishes for it, they could just as easily install a dictatorship in 10 years than in 15. All a term limit does is get rid of a successful chairman while at the same time ensuring that the potential for a poor chairman is higher.

Free speech and freedom of political opinion are bad ideas. Counter-revolutionaries should only have two rights: the right to be exiled or their right to their preferred choice of execution should they waive their first right.

Are you aware of the fact that this would, in a legally binding manner, justify the continued existence of non-communist states as those are needed to provide exile for the counter-revolutionaries?

Further, if such a term is put in the constitution, the constitution also has to define what a counter-revolutionary is. Because currently the terms counter-revolutionary and reactionary seem to be more like the VSVR equivalent of "your momma" than meaningful terms, simply because everyone uses them against everyone they disagree with.

Are you aware of the fact that this would, in a legally binding manner, justify the continued existence of non-communist states as those are needed to provide exile for the counter-revolutionaries?
Of course, but I'd rather not have my hands stained with the blood of the executed, best to let the other states handle it once they join the Comintern. ;)

Why do you hate Freedom of Speech so much?
Afraid it might hurt you or be used against you?

We need free speech so that no one gets killed for saying their thoughts out loud.
The state does not have the right to censor thoughts nor speech.

Individuals must be protected and must have the right to think and speak without having to fear the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.