• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Who are you?
Norway

2. What year is it?

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win?
Not really

4. Are you one of the richest countries?
Yes, we swim in gold :D

5. Are you at war?
Yes with Austria

6. What is your main concern?
inheriting Finland

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both?
Both

8. Which country are you hating?
Austria because they are snaking towards China

9. Which country are you fearing?
none

10. Who are your allies?
Prussia, Finland, Ireland, Venice,

Continuing from the earlier post:

1. Who are you?

Hindustan (Vijayanagar)

2. What year is it?

Almost the 18th century now.

When the Muscovites finally invaded I thought I might be able to hold them off. But they did it pre-westernisation and after some truly epic battles in the Himalayas and lots of scorched earth I paid them off. Same thing with the Hansa and GB, who decided to kick me while I was down (though they didn't get very far).

Yep, 4th.

5. Are you at war?

Just come out of one, full of rebels from the westernisation to the Muslim tech group.

Westernisation and hoping that the Russian tanks don't roll southwards again.

Peaceful until I'm fully westernised, stable and with better tech, when I shall wreak havoc and vengeance on Russia.

Russia.

Also Russia, I dread to think what'll happen when that truce expires.

10. Who are your allies?

Wu, now the dominant Chinese state.

1. Castile

2. 1568

3. No.

4. Not by a long shot. I'm drowning in debt.

5. No.

6. Getting the country out of debt.

7. Both.

8. Aragon.

9. England or Austria - England; they have most of the New World under their dominance and have begun conquering Ireland and pieces of mainland Europe. Austria; they have already dismantled France and there the HRE.

10. Portugal and my vassal, Morocco.

I'm still playing this game. That's what happens when you have a full-time job, studying and CKII just came out. LOL.

So this is more an update.

1. Who are you? France

2. What year is it? 1506

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Richest and 2% inflation

5. Are you at war? No

6. What is your main concern? Reformation! It has started.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Both

8. Which country are you hating? Milan and Burgundy (I can't believe I still haven't finished them off)

9. Which country are you fearing? Milan and Burgundy

10. Who are your allies? Sweden? No one wants to ally me.

Update

1. Who are you? France

2. What year is it? 1601

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Richest by a lot and 0% inflation. LOL

5. Are you at war? No

6. What is your main concern? Falling behind in tech due to large colonial empire.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Peaceful for a long while.

8. Which country are you hating? None.

9. Which country are you fearing? None.

10. Who are your allies? Not sure. Scandinavia I think.

1. BAV.
2. 1431.
3. No.
4. 11th place, inflation oscillating between about 0.5 and 1.5% (oh Bavaria, why do you taunt me with these crappy sliders...)
5. Yes (which is good, because I'm PU-senior to HAB), though I'm not actually fighting.
6. Keeping relations with BOH below -150 to maximize the chance they will be stripped of their electoral dignity, and keeping my army bigger than HAB's so that they won't insultspam me to break out of the PU they fell into in 1402.
7. Attacking people as and when convenient opportunities arise.
8. BUR.
9. I am quite twitchy about BUR.
10. HAB (my PU junior) and HUNblob.

1. Russia
2. 1594
3. Yes; aside from conceding defeat/paying tribute to the Golden Horde at the beginning, I had to give up a few provinces to the Ottomans who ate a lot of the Golden Horde and steamrolled me when I was in the middle of Westernising, had revolts all over the place, and was already at war with Big Lithuania
4. 3rd behind Austria and the Ottomans
5. No, but I will be soon
6. Now it is expanding quickly enough so that my infamy is never zero
7. It's Russia, lol
8. Ottomans
9. none anymore
10. Newly vassalized 2pm Prussia. I'm going to conquer lands and rebuild Prussia as a vassal.

1. Who are you?
Bavaria, unified Germany in 1512
2. What year is it?
17 April, 1529
Yes.
Yes, #1.
5. Are you at war?
No.
Trying to conquer all of my newly-gained cores (I am losing 11 prestige a year because of them.)
Attack a country that I have a core on, fight the war with Bohemia (again), annex original nation, get peace with Bohemia (maybe get something, but usually concession of defeat or white peace), stay at peace for a while... that is my current cycle.
Bohemia. We have to have been in about 20 wars or so.
I'd say France and Castille. Not Bohemia since, for the most part, I've been fine at war with them (however it is a pain), except for one time. Once Tuscany declared war on me and dragged Bohemia in. In the bohemian front, I was just about to completely lose a 60- some odd regiment-army that was down to 3 or 4 thousand men. I felt like rage quitting. But then a miracle happened, and Tuscany, whom I and my ally the Pope (which is ironic since I have an extremely high infamy) were fighting, and, miraculously, had remained the war leader, was willing to accept white peace! I happily offered it to them, and then, since I'd gotten my last core needed, formed Germany immediately after:D:rofl:. Anyway, France and Castille have risen to become really powerful countries, with Castille starting to colonize Carribean islands and most of North Africa, and France dominating the region and with a pretty biog army (probably the closest competitor by far of my 150 thousand-or-so army.)
10. Who are your allies?
Teutonic Order (my vassal), Augsburg (my vassal), and the Pope. I actually haven't allied with Wurzburg (my vassal). I'll get to that after this post:rofl:.

1. United States of Byzantium. Formed after reforging the Empire as a Noble Republic.

2. 1542.

3. No.

4. Yes. #1 at 3209.7d.

5. Yes. The Muslim wars have been going on for a year. Combatants: Algiers(Annexed), The Mamluks(actively fighting), Najd(White Peace), Hedjaz(Actively fighting), Oman(Actively fighting), Yeman*(war leader).

6. Poland(They stretch from Danzig(they don't own it though) to the Caspian Sea), Spain(I'm aiming to take Southern Spain), The Balkans(I need to annex Bosnia and Aquilea if I want to connect my Italian provinces to my capital), Northern Italy(Austria owns two Milanese provinces(ie not Parma and Lombardia)). I would place France here but recently they collapsed and lost all of Southern France!

7. Attacking.

8. Spain. I lost a 20k army in the 15th century and I'm biting at the bit for blood soaked vengeance!

9. Poland. They own all the Black Sea coast that I don't own.

10. No one but my vassals Iraq and Montenegro.

Continuation from my Austria game on the previous page:

1. Who are you? The HRE

2. What year is it? 1627

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No, had to WP one that I tried to win back in the 1400s. Never had to give things that I wasn't prepared to give up.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? The richest. My income is more than 4 times that of the number 2, Castille.

5. Are you at war? Yes, fighting Castille for Dalmatia which I got a core on due to Claims on our Rivals. They're allied with my former ally Flanders, who are reasonably strong.

6. What is your main concern? Rebels everywhere.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? I've never been at peace for more than 5 years on end. I only declare wars I have a CB for though.

8. Which country are you hating? Aquileia, Venice, Flanders and Ferrara for spy-spamming my already overextended country.

9. Which country are you fearing? I could defeat the whole world if they DOW'ed me all at once.

10. Who are your allies? My vassals France (which I made Burgundy release 100 years ago), Croatia and a ton of Russian countries I released to aid against rebels after I inherited Blobbhemia.

1. Who are you? Holland, 1 core and 15 years away from Netherlands (took Utrecht without a core or CB a while back)
2. What year is it? 1535
4. Are you one of the richest countries? Highest income, just ahead of Castille.
5. Are you at war? No.
6. What is your main concern? Mega-France
7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Peaceful, for the most part; I've inherited (3PM) Friesland, Oldenburg and Naples already, and have unions over (OPM) Flanders and Hainaut. Took Utrecht through war, but nothing else (unless you count taking a province in a peace deal occupied by my then-PU Friesland).
8. Which country are you hating? France, Bohemia.
9. Which country are you fearing? France, Bohemia.
10. Who are your allies? Flanders, Hainaut (my PU partners), others on and off but none I can remember right now.

1. Who are you? Japan Formed from Hosokawa (D&T)

2. What year is it? 1450

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? yes, But it was a close war that ended in Concession of defeat. Ive since grown more powerful since then

4. Are you one of the richest countries? I am the 4th Richest nation. Only Austria, Russia, and Dhan controlled China are ahead of me and Dhan will lose their place to me by the end of the year.

5. Are you at war? Yes. With Majaphiat (or whatever its spelled) Attempting to free some nations from it or conquer some more South Asianic land.

6. What is your main concern? Europe in General. Lots of Monsters are lurking there and im only Muslim Tech.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? ATM im attacking. But ive been Majorily a peacful nation.

8. Which country are you hating? Majaphiat

9. Which country are you fearing? Any Nation in Europe That has higher MP then me.

10. Who are your allies? Dahan, Dai Viet, and Hindustan

1. Who are you? Aztec

2. What year is it? 1743

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Yes

4. Are you one of the richest countries? No but I'm not wanting for money, ever.

5. Are you at war? Yes, helping Scotland fight the Incans (for some reason)

6. What is your main concern? A string of HORRIBLE leaders keeping me from westernizing my military and reforming my government

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Depends on who it is, doing some African colonialism ATM

8. Which country are you hating? United Kingdom (edit) and Brittany, I really dislike Brittany.

9. Which country are you fearing? France and or United Kingdom

10. Who are your allies? Denmark, Scotland, Bohemia

Last edited:
1. Milan

2. 1518

3. Yes

4. Yes, I am fourth after France, Castille and England respectively

5. No

6. The English and Portuguese trying to conquer some Italian territory (at the moment they share Sicily)

7. I'm both, mainly looking to form the Italian nation with tons of vassals

8. England and Aragon

9. England and Austria

10. Most of the Italian and Greek minors and Bohemia

1. Who are you? Lotharingia (D&T)

2. What year is it? 1376

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? nope

4. Are you one of the richest countries? The richest by far. and 0 inflation to boot

5. Are you at war? With Provence over my cores there.

6. What is your main concern? Nothing.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? attacking, its the only way I can Justify the Insane Army upkeep

8. Which country are you hating? Myself. Because i hold PU's over France AND Austria

9. Which country are you fearing? No one anymore.

10. Who are your allies? France, Austria, A few electors and god knows who else.

1. Who are you?
Tuscany -> Italy -> HRE

2. What year is it?

Had to give up sphere to Castile once to stop a war of a attrition. Had to white-peace Burgundy when it was on the verge of grabbing a colony of mine.

200k+ income.

5. Are you at war?
No

Eating what's left of the world.

I attack whenever infamy is close to 0.

None.

None.

10. Who are your allies?
Every country except France, Castile, Prussia, and a couple of Asian minors.

1. Who are you?

Poland

2. What year is it?

Once. I tried to take few Bihemian provinces, but their alliance was too powerful. I'll do it in future though :)

Yes.

5. Are you at war?

Yes. With Golden Horde. Captured all their provinces, now steadily colonizing them.

That I won't inherit England and Lithuania soon.

Both. Gained huge infamy, so right now I have to pretend to be peaceful.

None. But I dislike Bohemia.

None. But I'll carefully observe Bohemia and Austria.

10. Who are your allies?

Lithuania, England, Ryazan, Smolensk, Murom.

1. Who are you?
Prussia

2. What year is it?
Early 1500's

Not really, I have lost wars but that's mostly just admitting defeat to get people off my back so I can deal with other stuff.
I haven't lost a war that I started.

In income, yes. In money, yes. In technology, heck no. So narrowminded :(

5. Are you at war?
Not now, I'm consolidating cores, building up provinces, and waiting for more to turn protestant so I can convert.

My 3/3/3 heir with a weak claim.
Or maybe my 20 infamy?
Perhaps my -38 prestiege?
Actually, no, it's probably France's claim on my throne.

Mostly attacking.
My attempts at "peaceful" expansion is responsible for my aforementioned -38 prestige.

Bohemia, for keeping me from expanding into those juicy, rich HRE provinces.

Hungary, because they don't want to royal marry me despite 199 relations and an alliance since the beginning of the game, and if they abandon me I'm in for a really rough patch.

10. Who are your allies?
Hungary then a few weak vassals and countries I've forced others to release.

1. Who are you?
France, started this game just to gobble up those easy achievements, but haven't got bored yet.

2. What year is it?
Ca 1520.

No wai.

Yes. #1 in income (surprise, surprise)

5. Are you at war?
Nope.

How to break GBR's back.

Isn't warmongering a fine French tradition?

Austria and ENG/GBR. In general for poking around in my business (which ofc becomes costly for them in the end), and specifically for waging a war of aggression seemingly only to nab my two single colonies (Austria started it, took the Canaries, GBR was called in, took Bahamas). I had to retaliate by occupying entire Austria proper, and then demand Sundgau and the Canaries, and make them release a country. GBR, tho...I'm biding my time!

Feh!

10. Who are your allies?
Sweden, mostly because I wanted them to send me a CTA when they were at war with Austria. I wanted to protect Sweden so that Austria wouldn't break Sweden totally and get a foothold on the Baltic shoreline.

1. Who are you?
Burgundy

2. What year is it?

I got smashed by Switzerland once.

twice as much income as the second nation(Ottomans)

5. Are you at war?
Nope.

Protestantism and reformation

I want to create the HRE, just what is rightfully mine.

Switzerland

Lithuania

10. Who are your allies?
Castille, Lorraine, Ulm, Trier, Connacht, Wales, Wurttemburg and Alsace.

1. Who are you?

France

2. What year is it?

I am loosing on all fronts

I am on the verge to be broke.

5. Are you at war?

With half of Europe to the least

Traitors. Everywhere.

Trying to spread Revolution to the world

Autria, Prussia, Great-Britain.

Great-Britain

10. Who are your allies?

Are you kidding?