• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Ottoman Empire

2. 1492

3. Ceded defeat many times to the Hordes, and was paying Tribute to Timurids for a time.

4. I'm the richest

5. With the Timurids, technically, but they're defeated.

6. Gotland. WTF?

gotland.jpg

7. Trying to be peaceful, Europeans won't have it though.

8. Was hating on Castille, but they got what they deserved.

9. Austria

10. Morocco and Tunisia are allies. Vassals are Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Transylvania, Wallachia, Moldavia, Tripoli, Sicily. Personal Union with Morea.

Last edited:
1. Who are you?

Bohemia.

2. What year is it?

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win?

Not yet.

4. Are you one of the richest countries?

Just average as yet.

5. Are you at war?

No.

6. What is your main concern?

Staying Emperor.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both?

I honor calls from allies and HRE members. Otherwise, I only go after countries on whom I have a claim. (House rule.)

8. Which country are you hating?

Too soon to tell.

9. Which country are you fearing?

Hungary, who are right next door and very large (and have the mission to attack Austria, who I lead in Personal Union), Castille, and England (control a third of France as well as some other things), are all formidable.

10. Who are your allies? Austria (PU), Poland, Lithuania.

11. Other observations: Byzantium is three provinces, the English are in upper Scandinavia, and the Otties are in Italy (I believe they had a rumble with His Holiness, and came out the winner.). I had nothing to do with any of these!

1. Who are you? Holland, 1 core and 15 years away from Netherlands (took Utrecht without a core or CB a while back)
2. What year is it? 1535
3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No
4. Are you one of the richest countries? Highest income, just ahead of Castille.
5. Are you at war? No.
6. What is your main concern? Mega-France
7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Peaceful, for the most part; I've inherited (3PM) Friesland, Oldenburg and Naples already, and have unions over (OPM) Flanders and Hainaut. Took Utrecht through war, but nothing else (unless you count taking a province in a peace deal occupied by my then-PU Friesland).
8. Which country are you hating? France, Bohemia.
9. Which country are you fearing? France, Bohemia.
10. Who are your allies? Flanders, Hainaut (my PU partners), others on and off but none I can remember right now.

Update:

1. Who are you? The Netherlands
2. What year is it? 1580-something
3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Two of them, both against Castille (defensive Colonial wars). In the first I gave up my Limburg core, in the second I seized a Brazilian colony but had to give up about 1100 (ouch!) ducats.
4. Are you one of the richest countries? Richest, third in tech.
5. Are you at war? No.
6. What is your main concern? Mega-France, Castille and Trollhemia.
7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Mostly peaceful. I've inherited Friesland, Oldenburg, Naples, Flanders and Hainaut, diploannexed vassal Brabant, patriot-rebel-flipped three Burgundian provinces to my former PU subject Flanders, seized one Castilian colony and taken Utrecht in a war of aggression. That's it.
8. Which country are you hating? Castille
9. Which country are you fearing? France, Castille, Bohemia.
10. Who are your allies? A couple of HRE states; Pommerania for a while, but didn't want to be dragged into a war with England.

1. Holland
2. 1513
3. Yes. I got out of my PU with Hainait during a war with Burgandy and got force vassalised
4. Richest
5. No
6. France... as always
7. Peacefuly due to free trade
8. France
9. France
10. Brunswick, Hamburg, Hesse, Cleves

1. Who are you? Byzantium

2. What year is it? 1470

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Yes and no. I conceded defeat to France who got involved when I invaded Crete. I annexed Crete then had to deal with the Mamlukes so couldn't deal with constant French invasions. I also lost a war with Venice who attacked me while I was at war with the Ottomans. I tried to win it and was doing fairly well until my truce with Qara ran out, 4 simultaneous rebellions happened in Asia Minor and Genoa jumped in on Venice's side. Had to cede Corfu and Albania to Venice and Adana to Genoa but in the Ottoman peace I got all the European provinces except Edirne and Silistria.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes but not sure exactly where I rank now.

5. Are you at war? Only with Qara and the Golden Horde but am setting up for revenge round 2 on Venice and Genoa after a 45 year wait. Don't want Genoa to get a core on Adana you know.

6. What is your main concern? Bohemoth and Austria starting to blob in central Europe.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Generally peaceful to the Christians (have only declared on reconquest minors and Venice/Genoa) and swatting Muslims. Occupied most of GH and am colonizing, took Armenia, Van, Aleppo, Sidon, Beirut and Judea from Mamlukes, annexed all the Muslim minors.

8. Which country are you hating? Venice and France.

9. Which country are you fearing? Bohemoth/Austria.

10. Who are your allies? None. All my potential allies (Wallachia, Georgia, etc.) are vassals to the GH. Which is strange since I basically have conquered the GH.

1. Who are you? Germany

2. What year is it? 1670

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Not really. Plenty of defeats conceded to enemy's allies. The only war I tried to win and didn't was a white peace with Burgundy when I was Brandenburg (was about to have two 14k armies wiped like a windshield).

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes. Income is >8500 and the next closest is Ottomans with ~5000.

5. Are you at war? No. Just finished enforcing religious unity on Styria. After that, I changed to a republic and then formed Germany. Thus I am no longer the HRE. Therefore, I am about to disband the HRE and take all my cores in Germany. :cool:

6. What is your main concern? Ottomans have conquered the Russian steppes all the way through Kazakh and are currently colonizing through Siberia. My interests in India may clash with theirs.

7. Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? I have tried to go to war every 5-10 years or so (to keep tradition up).

8. Which country are you hating? My vassal, the Netherlands. They are fully formed and have a few Caribbean colonies, but are fairly incompetent at colonizing any more than that. Loaded up as them and saw two outstanding loans and no army and navy.

9. Which country are you fearing? Ottomans (not too bad though (considering land tech difference 30 vs. 21-22))

10. Who are your allies? My vassals throughout Germany and Italy.

Probably worth another update:

1. Who are you? The Netherlands
2. What year is it? 1603
3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Yup. DoWed France, and was winning, when I lost it due to the game freezing. I think that counts. :p - and two others, both against Castille (defensive Colonial wars). In the first I gave up my Limburg core, in the second I seized a Brazilian colony but had to give up about 1100 (ouch!) ducats.
4. Are you one of the richest countries? Richest, close second to Mecklenburg in tech.
5. Are you at war? I will be, when I load the save I made just before that DOW.
6. What is your main concern? The war with France, although I got myself some valuable allies which should help a lot.
7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? I was being mostly peaceful. I've inherited Friesland, Oldenburg, Naples, Flanders and Hainaut, diploannexed vassal Brabant, patriot-rebel-flipped three Burgundian provinces to my former PU subject Flanders, seized one Castilian colony and taken Utrecht in a war of aggression. That's it. However, I'm now big enough to face down most of my threatening neighbours so the game's pace is about to change.
8. Which country are you hating? Castille, the Catholic DotF
9. Which country are you fearing? Castille
10. Who are your allies? Hesse (has expanded quite a lot and is the Emperor); Bohemia (has expanded into about the Ukraine, and has a very large army); Austria (respectable, but smaller than usual); Anhalt (Orthodox (!) PU subject.

1. Who are you?
-Scandinavia

2. What year is it?
-1689 (started 1580)

-Yeah, one with Austria in a massive Polish-Russian-Austrian Imperialist war, was lucky to get away without losing some provinces

-Haha, nope.

5. Are you at war?
-Probably about to be with Russia over Kola/Karelia

-The power of Russia, I have a triple alliance with Poland and France to try and support me, but I can see them eventually gobbling up FInland if I'm not careful

-A mixture of both, its very hard to be extremely aggressive on hard difficulty with several well-established powers surrounding you

-England for its naval blockading ability and control of North American trade, Spain for domination of South Americas, and Russias for their proximity

-Russia, Russia, RUSSIA

10. Who are your allies?
-Poland and France - hopefully planning to engineer a new alliance with Austria and ditch France.

11. Other observations?
- Ottomans started out from a position of dominance in the middle East, then collapsed around 1650 or so, leaving a new mamlukes, which quickly formed Egypt (miscmods) and a few minors in Northern Africa. Makes for a quite interesting new balance of power, with European Nations now carving out small stakes in the middle east.

1. Who are you?
Sweden
2. What year is it?
1450ish
Nope
Nope
5. Are you at war?
Not anymore thank god
Completing the Quest for the baltic thingy.
Both
Bohemia
France (Never had a war with them but while I was busy with Bohemia, they expanded a lot) & Bohemia (I tried to contain them but they are getting stronger and stronger with every war)
10. Who are your allies?
Nobody. Hungary was my ally but they lost a LOT of battles against Bohemia. :( ~Forever alone~

1. Who are you?

Lorraine

2. What year is it?

ab 1450

No

No

5. Are you at war?

No

Surviving with Burgundy and Castille nearby

I am one of the reasons France does not exist anymore

Burgundy, Castille, Brittany

Burgundy, Austria, Castille

10. Who are your allies?

Aachen, Mainz and Ansbach

Also challenge accepted:

EU3_43.jpg

1. Who are you?

The MIGHTY Riga

2. What year is it?

Monday 1st november 1433.

No

Yes, but i am like 16th...

5. Are you at war?

No

Taking neva from derpgorod, plus gaining as much trade as possible.

Only attack with a causus belli. So mostly peacefull.

Derpmark, Derpgorod, and Derponic Order.

All my neighbours, and Denmark.

10. Who are your allies?

Hansa and Mazovia.

Last edited:
We're playing in the seme region, I'm Derponic Order :p

1. Who are you?
- Teutonic Order

2. What year is it?

- Not yet

- Sneaked into top 10, with no trade

5. Are you at war?
- No

- Trying to form Germany, but Austria is PU-ing Brandenburg so I can't get it. Also I left the Empire because I diploannexed Pommerania and got only one core. So now if I attack a member state (still need 3 provinces to form GER) the mighty Austria will get involved.

- No one attacked me ever, I attacked plenty

- Only HRE Austia, Bohemia failed utterly

- Austia, they have 90 regiments compared to my 38

10. Who are your allies?
- Poland, Portugal and about 6 german vassals

1. Who are you?
- Hansa -> Germany

2. What year is it?

- I don't even remember... it wasn't important in any case.

- #1... and about 4x #2's total.

5. Are you at war?
- No

- I've run out of worthy opponents but I'm probably still too small for a realistic attempt at a WC. Currently I'm making the map look nice and giving myself some strong vassals. I may go on an infamy binge just for fun.

- At war probably 90% of the time.

- Anybody who has the AUDACITY to mess with York (I rarely see them so I'm trying to keep them alive).

- Nobody except maybe the Romulan Empire (I can probably out-tech the Klingons).

10. Who are your allies?
- Burgundy/Netherlands/Prussia/Maharasthra vassals... and York, of course.

1. Who are you?
Baluchistan with only the a 4pm Dehli between me and Becoming the Mughals again (DAO misc-mods: peace of god Scenario)

2. What year is it?

If you count paying off the Timmies at the start then yes.

not even close. If it wasn't for my own personal mod for Indian subcontinent nations (minus timmies) id have long gone bankrupt as all Indian Subcontinent nations run at a total net loss from all games start including Vanilla.

5. Are you at war?
Yes: with Delhi.

The Timmies, The Turks, Vijayanagar Allied themselves with me so I have a big southern ally to pad myself with.

Ive been at war since day 1.

China, Because One day im going to have to eat that monster....

The Timmies. I never know when thier doomstax will decide its a good day to kill me......

10. Who are your allies?
Vijayanagar, Bihar, an 2 vassal 0pms.

1. Who are you? Bremen

2. What year is it? 1542

4. Are you one of the richest countries? 2nd highest. Only one beating me is the Ottomans because they nomed Eastern Europe.

5. Are you at war? Yes: France.

6. What is your main concern? Mega-France/Mega-Great Britain.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? For the first hundred years, I did nothing but build up trade, since then I've been at war at least once every 10 years. I went to war and almost crippled the Great Britian blob, and now I'm at war with France, trying to repeat the same.

8. Which country are you hating? Austria. One day I'm going to have to dismantle the HRE, to stop conquest-blocking me.

9. Which country are you fearing? France, Great Britain.

10. Who are your allies? Norway, Denmark I liberated in my war with Britain. 2xHRE minors that I vassalled and Brandenburg.

1. Who are you? France

2. What year is it? 1590

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes, my income is twice that of the number 2 (Spain).

5. Are you at war? No, just finished a war to PU England. I hope inheriting them won't overextend me.

6. What is your main concern? Vassalizing the last electors, who are currently vassals of imperial Bohemia. I want to dismantle the empire but every time I make Bohemia de-vassalize them he'll just diplo-vassalize them again.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Mostly at war with HRE minors to vassalize and with my rivals to knock them down. I've had 4 or 5 very long regencies which really hurt because they let others expand too much. I'm also colonising a lot.

8. Which country are you hating? Bohemia Bohemia Bohemia

9. Which country are you fearing? If Bohemia and Spain fought me together they'd probably beat me, but that's the only real risk, and they hate each other as well (thank God).

10. Who are your allies? A ton of vassals in the HRE, my newly PU'd England. No-one else can be trusted.

1. Who are you? Japan (Minamoto start)

2. What year is it? 1620

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Too many times to count

4. Are you one of the richest countries? 6th so far

5. Are you at war? Yes: Japanese purge of Korean heresy against Bikhar, Tibet, Champa, Sukhotai and Assam (separate peace with Ming, Korea, Manchu)

6. What is your main concern? Overextension and BB :/

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Attacking when opportunity allowes.

8. Which country are you hating? Granada! They took over Iberia and declared Holy War against me dragging Burgundy, Milan and lots of minors with them.

9. Which country are you fearing? None!

10. Who are your allies? Wu on their tiny Island :)

Last edited:
1. Who are you?
Brandenburg.

2. What year is it?

nope.

not even close.

5. Are you at war?
nope im eating my infamy atm

Burgundy, France, And Lithuania

both. right now im at 15 infamy and am eating it while I do a 'your fleet needs to be this big" mission.

No one right now call me back in about 20 years when things flesh out.

See #8

10. Who are your allies?
The Hansa, Austria, Teutonic Order, Mecklinberg, Oldenburg, Munster(the German one), and Anhalt.

1. England

2. 1557

3. Yes- War for the Norwegian Throne and numerous other conflicts with Norway

4. Fourth richest in Europe after Aragon, France, Castille

5. Nope

6. France

7. I maintain hostile relations with France and Norway, activity war with the Irish states and had to re-vassalise Scotland twice.

8. Norway

9. France

10. none, a period of Regent Councils and high infamy ruined my alliance network. I have however, vassilised the useless bloody scots.

1. Who are you?
Castille

2. What year is it?

Not yet....

By income yes, in reality lots of conversion attempts and the colonising of the Timmies shreds my income.

5. Are you at war?
Timirids (Horde war)
Ottomans, Candar and Naples (Holy War started by me)
Oman and Baluchistan (Holy War Oman started by them)
Adal and Swahili (Holy War started by them)

FRANCE! EVIL HORRIBLE FRANCE! I left them alone too long, now my forces are spread across my empire maintaining Order and expanding, My hope is Bohemia stays HRE and continues it's long struggle against them until I expand enough to get the men available to bust up the BBB.

Mainly attacking, but trying for a WC without exceeding the infamy limit, so less warmongering than normal.

France, as outlined above.

Still France :p

10. Who are your allies?
Austria, Papal States, Pisa, Bavaria, Scotland, Northumberland. All are vassals. Austria conquered Bavaria, then I out of the blue inherited them. Sadly, not being in HRE or same culture, I didn't get the cores :-(. And thus they were released until I tackle europe in the distant future.

This games weirdness: The Horde and the Timurids didn't even get the chance to roll, they've both collapsed horribly into half a dozen nations with only a few outposts remaining. Nogai is the lone Horde nation with a decent amount of provinces, having expanded somewhat into the horde.