• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Really enjoying it so far,looking forward to see you create the pocket.
Ideally I guess you would want to annihilate them before the soviets are finished in Finland and those troops start heading your way.

I agree, and there are a lot of troops up there from what I can see, hopefully I can get a nice hold on the eastern front before they come back my way to my extremely overextended front line.

Also, I released part 77 and 78, and I am sorry the updates have been infrequent, I am having problems with my connection which is corrupting the youtube uploads. I will work on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

night

Thanks, and don't be afraid to post any additional comments or questions you may have at any time.

Here you go: I noticed you never use the "Support attack" function (done via ctrl-click), but always attack with every unit, even if you don't want to move them all after they eventually win the battle. Is there a reason for this?

Here you go: I noticed you never use the "Support attack" function (done via ctrl-click), but always attack with every unit, even if you don't want to move them all after they eventually win the battle. Is there a reason for this?

not in particular, I think it may be more effective to do it your way, but I never learned the game that way so I don't really know the support attack function that well. I learned the game through brute force trial and error and i must say it was exceptionally painful doing so...

sorry to all who have been waiting for videos, i have videos up to part 93 recorded, i just can't get a stable internet connection to upload them, am working on a solution!

sorry to all who have been waiting for videos, i have videos up to part 93 recorded, i just can't get a stable internet connection to upload them, am working on a solution!

You could always try putting the videos on a flash drive and then uploading the videos to youtube from a computer at a public library computer lab or university computer lab. Both of those usually have stable internet connections and they are free.

You could always try putting the videos on a flash drive and then uploading the videos to youtube from a computer at a public library computer lab or university computer lab. Both of those usually have stable internet connections and they are free.

thats what i did!

part 79 out (finally) enjoy

part 80 out, enjoy

part 81 out, enjoy

part 82 out, enjoy, looking forward to some comments/criticism

part 83 released *cricket cricket* anyone watching these? I am getting lonely quintuple posting in my thread :(.

Great progress on the border of the Baltic countries. Do you intend to get some allies capable of helping with America?

Just spent the last week watching all your vids. Im fairly new to hoi 3 and I've learned some nice tricks from watching you play. Good watch and keep it up.

It goes very smoothly. I mean, you are advancing steadily during winter. It just shows that winter is nowhere near as crippling as IRL, but still, your supply network is bound to be more strained in December and yet you are pushing forward and forming encirclements!

Thanks for all your comments guys!!

Great progress on the border of the Baltic countries. Do you intend to get some allies capable of helping with America?

What are you thinking, maybe Japan? As we saw earlier, they are in rough shape, but they might still have ships that would be capable of tying down part of the American fleet at least. So yes, I may bring in Japan, but I am not convinced one way or another at this point.

Just spent the last week watching all your vids. Im fairly new to hoi 3 and I've learned some nice tricks from watching you play. Good watch and keep it up.

I am glad I could help out, although there are better players than me! Please let me know if there is anything confusing that I do or you have additional questions I would be happy to help!

It goes very smoothly. I mean, you are advancing steadily during winter. It just shows that winter is nowhere near as crippling as IRL, but still, your supply network is bound to be more strained in December and yet you are pushing forward and forming encirclements!

Yes, the one thing that I do have working in my favor is that the mod is programmed to give the very harsh winter effects in the winter of 1941-1942. Since I am a year early, some of the really devastating strategic effects have not been activated. I also am in the position where I do not have huge stacks of men in every border province, but am spread thin with quality troops so there is not the supply problems that there would be if I had more troops.

Anyways, part 84 out, enjoy guys! thanks again for all the comments, keep it up!

Yes, the one thing that I do have working in my favor is that the mod is programmed to give the very harsh winter effects in the winter of 1941-1942. Since I am a year early, some of the really devastating strategic effects have not been activated. I also am in the position where I do not have huge stacks of men in every border province, but am spread thin with quality troops so there is not the supply problems that there would be if I had more troops.
This confirms the inflexibility of this mod - if you try to do sth which the scripter didn't anticipate, various odd things will happen. That doesn't work very well in a game which has a sanbox-like feel to it.

You seem to have many holes in the line, but the Soviets are too weak to exploit this. Have you thought about changing the difficulty level or modding in AI-only bonuses for the Soviets?

Moscow is near, very near. Too bad Japan was beaten by China. Will you do a video AAR of Japan, after this one?

Just started watching the videos....up to 35 so far.
Great stuff!!! Learning things I never knew.
Thanks for taking the time. Looking at video is so much more helpful than just the typical AAR.

Thanks, I am really glad you are enjoying it. I agree, it is easy to learn things with a good visual, that was part of my inspiration for making this series.

This confirms the inflexibility of this mod - if you try to do sth which the scripter didn't anticipate, various odd things will happen. That doesn't work very well in a game which has a sanbox-like feel to it.

You seem to have many holes in the line, but the Soviets are too weak to exploit this. Have you thought about changing the difficulty level or modding in AI-only bonuses for the Soviets?

Yes, unfortunately I think adding bonuses won't help them too much, but I edited the save a few times and added officers to keep them moving. I think the next time I do a let's play I will try the August Storm mod (if it is still pretty balanced, which it was the last time i checked). AS adds pretty big AI bonuses so it is pretty intense fighting them. I also agree that the mod is pretty inflexible, but I can't really expect a masterpiece for the five dollars I paid. Thanks for your comments as of recent!

Moscow is near, very near. Too bad Japan was beaten by China. Will you do a video AAR of Japan, after this one?

Yes I am strongly considering playing as Japan, the question will be which mod will I choose to play it with, suggestions are welcome!

Still watching :) Just caught up with your latest video's, keep em coming :)

Glad you are enjoying them, and I will keep them coming, you keep watching :)

Part 85 out guys, enjoy!