• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How long will the Destiny modifier last for? And, go ahead with Japan. Normal scenario, or 1944, so you go help Germany right after you conquer China. I've never seen someone try that.

How long will the Destiny modifier last for? And, go ahead with Japan. Normal scenario, or 1944, so you go help Germany right after you conquer China. I've never seen someone try that.

it really is not possible in the time frame of the game, it would take well beyond the given timeframe of 1948

next part out, enjoy

There is a way to change the end date. Check the newer posts of the Wunderwaffe AAR, it should be there. Good work on pushing towards Moscow. The Russian Railways malus is a pain, though.

Nicely done Radioactive on the southern offensive into the Caucus's and then turning north. I fear you have run into Father Winter and hope you extracate that trapped 16th Panzer Division? Watch your dissent as well, its creeping up. Maybe time to try to rest and refit your Army for a few weeks??

KLorberau

Finally finished and caught up with #86. So you have reached Moscow...in the dead of winter. Of Feb 41? Way cool....Too bad about losing the 16th PzDiv.....with all victories there must be casualties............How in the heck did you get your Panzer Divisons up to level VII?? You play very aggressive and I am more of a methodical, plodding along, straight forward type of gamer. I am able to encircle the enemy, but am always micromanaging the game and making sure my Div's and Air units are not so low on Org...you seem to just "go for it"...and usually manage to pull it off.....Bravo for you....

Looking foward to more....and sorry about two posts in a row (sorry Admin......I promise never again...really I do.....lol). By the way Radioactive, you say you dont like to play multiplayer because the opponents are so easy......Well I can tell you why.............cause you would crush us to easy....your aggressivness would make us wet our pants and wring our hands and run away.....I have never really figured out how to do multiplayer...I just enjoy single player so much....

Anyway...keep it up...look forward to you resting in Moscow next week and then turning back West to slap those stoogies out of Churchills mouth as you waltz into London........................

KLorberau

There is a way to change the end date. Check the newer posts of the Wunderwaffe AAR, it should be there. Good work on pushing towards Moscow. The Russian Railways malus is a pain, though.

Yeah, but this is something that was probably even worse historically than this strategic effect is indicating in game.

Finally finished and caught up with #86. So you have reached Moscow...in the dead of winter. Of Feb 41? Way cool....Too bad

about losing the 16th PzDiv.....with all victories there must be casualties............How in the heck did you get your Panzer Divisons up to level VII?? You play very aggressive and I am more of a methodical, plodding along, straight forward type of gamer. I am able to encircle the enemy, but am always micromanaging the game and making sure my Div's and Air units are not so low on Org...you seem to just "go for it"...and usually manage to pull it off.....Bravo for you....

Looking foward to more....and sorry about two posts in a row (sorry Admin......I promise never again...really I do.....lol). By the way Radioactive, you say you dont like to play multiplayer because the opponents are so easy......Well I can tell you why.............cause you would crush us to easy....your aggressivness would make us wet our pants and wring our hands and run away.....I have never really figured out how to do multiplayer...I just enjoy single player so much....

Anyway...keep it up...look forward to you resting in Moscow next week and then turning back West to slap those stoogies out of Churchills mouth as you waltz into London........................

KLorberau

By the way, I do like multiplayer! It is one of the few challenges left, I did not mean to be that cocky or arrogant. In fact compared to many of the other players in online games, I am by far the best. There are some truly magnificent hearts of iron players out there, but nonetheless I am flattered by your compliments :p. If you are still curious about multiplayer, there is an entire subforum from the hearts of iron 3 forums dedicated solely to multiplayer. Click on the threads, find a time that works for you, and post in the thread and see if there is a spot available. Games are usually 1-2 times a week and at the same time every week so its easy to schedule. Your first game in a group may be played as a minor to ensure you are a good guy (you don't need to be a great player) and not there to ruin the game one way or another. Hope this helps, maybe i'll see you on the battlefield one day!

Also guys, sorry for the delay on the videos, a little busy in real life, will try to put some more time into making and uploading videos.

Sorry again for the really long delay between videos, I just released the next part of the series, enjoy.

Nice to see you back nightraid3r and thanks for continuing, enjoying this AAR

Glad you are enjoying it, I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am playing it :)!

part 88 released!

I hate the fact that units stop and "forget" their orders when they are out of supplies. It's very annoying - make them stop, but why I should be forced to give them new orders again? =/ Still, despite the shortcomings of the system, I think that HOI3's logistics is a big step forward from HOI2's lack of any real logistics. Hopefully the devs will improve the system in HOI4 and not go back to the arcade mode.

Whack a mole is annoying, but if it forces you to station troops in the rear areas, then the system works. It could be more abstract and refined, but even in this crude form it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
nightraid3r, what video capture software are you using?

I use fraps to record,
Then decrompress with VirtualDub with the help of an Xvid decoder

I hate the fact that units stop and "forget" their orders when they are out of supplies. It's very annoying - make them stop, but why I should be forced to give them new orders again? =/ Still, despite the shortcomings of the system, I think that HOI3's logistics is a big step forward from HOI2's lack of any real logistics. Hopefully the devs will improve the system in HOI4 and not go back to the arcade mode.

Whack a mole is annoying, but if it forces you to station troops in the rear areas, then the system works. It could be more abstract and refined, but even in this crude form it's better than nothing.

I completely agree, I wish there would be a logistics thoroughput penalty based on how few or many troops you leave back to guard against partisan resistance, as opposed to actual troops popping up and really not accomplishing much.

part 89 released

Congratulations on taking Moscow. It was quite painless, too.

Congratulations on taking Moscow. It was quite painless, too.

Yes, sort of an anticlimax, I wish there was a mod that made it nearly impossible to take Moscow and it would literally take months of severe bombing, encirclement, and heck, maybe even some sort of rocket attack.

You need to update the opening post :).

BTW partisans affect supply throughput ATM AFAIK.

Thanks, I messed that up, I updated the first post now :)

Also, I know they do affect supply thoroughput, but I wish that they would crank up that modifier in exchange for removing the partisan regiments that pop up from the game.

Also, since I will be away from the computer tomorrow I released part 90, enjoy.

I played this mod inspired by your AAR. I found it nearly impossible to supply my troops in the Caucasus. I think I built to many armored and mechanized divisions and after I captured Moscow, all of my troops pretty much went out of supply and were never able to get supply again. Next time, I wont build as many divisions I reckon and perhaps build more infra in Poland. Your supply situation doesn't seem to be nearly as desperate. Hope it continues that way so you can capture all the provinces you need in order to get BP to fire.

Hoo Hoo, loving this

nice to here, hope you continue to!

I played this mod inspired by your AAR. I found it nearly impossible to supply my troops in the Caucasus. I think I built to many armored and mechanized divisions and after I captured Moscow, all of my troops pretty much went out of supply and were never able to get supply again. Next time, I wont build as many divisions I reckon and perhaps build more infra in Poland. Your supply situation doesn't seem to be nearly as desperate. Hope it continues that way so you can capture all the provinces you need in order to get BP to fire.

Yes, I have only 1 unit per province in the caucus, and even that causes problems. Try to research the supply thoroughput techs (in the theory tab) from the beginning of the game and also put a supply thoroughput minister for your Chief of the Army. These little bonuses help! The supply situation is bad, although my way of filming may not show it, i'll try to include a clip of it, but it may not be included until near part 100 unfortunately!

part 91 released, enjoy

part 92 released