• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chief of Staff

The Duke of Rockford
85 Badges
Jun 27, 2010
www.virtualparadise.org
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Pride of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Greetings, I was looking for a way to disable intro video that pops up at every start-up of Victoria 2 game. I just brought the game and, frankly, after few times, it gets rather annoying. Video is great and well done but after showing few times, it gets tiresome. I had to press escape key to end it right away but I'd like to put end to it altogether for good. Any methods on this? Thanks in advance.

-Legion

I think you mgiht just be able to delete the movie-file-stuff-eh?
But I haven't done that cause I don't know what will happend. Maybe gonna try it out sometime and make a backup copy of it...

Greetings, I was looking for a way to disable intro video that pops up at every start-up of Victoria 2 game. I just brought the game and, frankly, after few times, it gets rather annoying. Video is great and well done but after showing few times, it gets tiresome. I had to press escape key to end it right away but I'd like to put end to it altogether for good. Any methods on this? Thanks in advance.

Look in your Victoria 2 folder. You'll see a sub-folder titled "movies". Change the folder name to something else (like "movies.OLD") and the intro movie will no longer play.

Look in your Victoria 2 folder. You'll see a sub-folder titled "movies". Change the folder name to something else (like "movies.OLD") and the intro movie will no longer play.
It worked! Thanks. I appreciate your assistance on this.

One more question unrelated to the topic above; Every time railroad construction is completed, it plays sound so it gets irritating especially when there's multiple railroads being completed one after another. Any way to disable this without need to disable the overall sound effects? I'm OK with other sound effects but having sound plays every time a construction is completed one after another gets really tiring. :p Appreciate any further assistance on this. Thanks in advance.

-Legion

One more question unrelated to the topic above; Every time railroad construction is completed, it plays sound so it gets irritating especially when there's multiple railroads being completed one after another. Any way to disable this without need to disable the overall sound effects? I'm OK with other sound effects but having sound plays every time a construction is completed one after another gets really tiring. :p Appreciate any further assistance on this. Thanks in advance.

-Legion

I thought AHD made it so you only have those sounds every 5 seconds?

-Legion

Go into the sound effects folder and delete the file for railroad construction, it should work