• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done! Very impressive. My two favorite tricks are mobile capitals and plot-based intrigue training, but I had never thought about this combination of ambition + mobile capital.

(Now they're going to nerf all of those I'm sure...but having seen them used to the utmost effect is satisfying enough)

Maxirage, you have joined the ranks of Falconhurst and Prawnstar in my world conquering heart. Well done.

Right, my point wasn't that though. What I was referring to was not getting indy without a war. The war with them was a joke, but it took them ages to get to Nantes.
Well, you can save scum, sometimes they go with war, sometimes not. And if you dont want war without loading, hire some mercs to be perfectly sure. :)

Well, you can save scum, sometimes they go with war, sometimes not. And if you dont want war without loading, hire some mercs to be perfectly sure. :)
It's far too much work to bother with it to be honest. I can see how it would be possible to do in 25 years, but it would take a lot of scumming. Good luck to anyone trying to do it in less than 25 years though.

Here's the save in you're interested in it.

I wouldn't recommend it, though. At this stage it's pretty much unplayable. It's incredibly laggy, rebels are endless, and there are tons of tons of vassals which need imprisoning. At the final stretch I gave up on rebel squashing and mass-arrest, which leaves the realm an enormous mess. If you have several hours to spend, or are a masochist, you could probably fix it up into something usable.
I'm converting that to EU4, trying to hold this abomination together could be interesting.

I don't know why this is called North Korea mode, they stay pretty stable whenever they get a new Glorious Leader. This looks more like Horde-mode to me, once your initial ruler dies the entire thing comes tumbling down.

I don't know why this is called North Korea mode, they stay pretty stable whenever they get a new Glorious Leader. This looks more like Horde-mode to me, once your initial ruler dies the entire thing comes tumbling down.
No it doesn't, the only time baron-level vassals try to revolt is when you try and fail to imprison them. As long as you have zero vassal counts or above, revolts are impossible in North Korea mode.

Rather surprising you don't even risk getting the Stressed trait, actually. There really should be some risks.

It only breaks apart if you give it to the AI. If you keep it in player hands it works just fine.

Here are some things that didn't go so well, and some points of interest

First, seeing this was probably the most annoying thing in the playthrough:

wc8.png

It's a glitch that renders some character eternally immune to assassination and imprisonment, due to faction mechanics having a hiccup. Because of my huge amounts of money I could get around truces by assassinating my war target, but this stuff meant I couldn't do it! Another king later on had this too, which meant I had to take a truce breaking penalty for the first time.

My biggest regret overall is not being able to use an exploit I knew was possible, but didn't work when I tried it here. That exploit is having medium crown authority as an unreformed pagan. It seems to have some really specific restrictions, such as only possessing duchies in de-jure Britannia and then forming England. I really don't get this one. But if you could pull it off, then hypothetically, you could reach absolute crown authority with your initial ruler! That would have been really awesome.

But on the upside, I did have one huge lucky break in this game. You guys should have noticed that my final subjugation was on Cumania. However, that leaves one large and power pagan kingdom still free: Hungary. My only option would then be to reform and use holy war, but that would mean losing my +50% retinue bonus really early on, or leaving it for last and trekking my troops much longer than I would have liked. So I thought: "maybe if I assassinate them enough, this problem will solve itself?"

wc9.png

And it actually did! For some reason, the next heir after the initial Magyar family was some random dude in Cumania. So I landed him into a king, got him to inherit Hungary, and then revoked it all on the same day. I also learned that simply making him a count or a duke won't work, as he'll gain independence if you do that. The workings of this game are sometime quite odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.