• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I noticed that after the patch the small red icon that appears on the top left of the screen when we are at war is no longer present. That's for my saved games and new ones too (starting with Germany in 39). Did you guys notice the same?

it was removed since you are at war nearly all the time and you don't need a notification to tell you.

it was removed since you are at war nearly all the time and you don't need a notification to tell you.

I am very very grateful for this removal, thanks paradox. Its the little things that please.

Does the different checksum make a change in gameplay?

It can affect the game. E.g. it can be an indicator on that old txt files are being used (e.g. from hidden windows directories). The checksum is an alfanumerical code created of the content of certain (some exceptions graphical, saves, unasked files in still relevant folders, etc) folders in the game. If you get an unofficial checksum you might have a modded, old, corrupt file in the system. This in short.

Very quick and professional managmenet of FTM I must conclude(quick patching response by Paradox).

Satissfied.:)

The problem occurs immediately after Italy joins the war against the UK and can no longer supply its troops in Ethiopia because the UK controls Suez and Gibraltar. By creating a puppet the troops can get supplies from them.

This is a dirty fix since you can't create supply depots. IRL Italy had huge stockpiles of military supplies that would have allowed their troops (250 000 soldiers afaik) to operate in Ethiopia almost indefinately even after contact with the homeland had been severed by the closing of the Suez.

I'd still like to see supply depots (of some kind) in the game to represent this kind of situations along with sieges of isolated cities etc.

The new loading screen planes are FW 190, not ME 109 for the record.

And of course we all want smaller more frequent patches!

Last edited:
cag ghost bug is still in (in beta patch, but i dont see anything in changelog of 3.04 about this)
you cant call arms to your faction allies if you are a comintern member and you joined them when you where at war first.

if you use a conquer wargoal and an acquire territory for the same country, when you enforce conquer but target country goes GIE, you will own anyway the territories in the acquire territory wargoal. Maybe the solution is if there is a conquer wargoal,acquire territory should be disabled.

This is a dirty fix since you can't create supply depots. IRL Italy had huge stockpiles of military supplies that would have allowed their troops (250 000 soldiers afaik) to operate in Ethiopia almost indefinately even after contact with the homeland had been severed by the closing of the Suez.

I'd still like to see supply depots (of some kind) in the game to represent this kind of situations along with sieges of isolated cities etc.

Actually they were critically short of ammunition, replacement parts, replacements for their troops and new equipment. I think the way it is handled is ok, there is not much more you could do (unless you added supply depots players could control) to keep Italian troops in East Africa viable as combat units with the current game design.

Furthermore, this is not a dirty fix. It is an abstraction of the real world situation. Games are pretty much nothing but that. You can argue that it is a poor, unsuitable, or unapplicable abstraction, etc. if you wish though.

I would like to send a big thanks to PI for fixing the AI garrison management bug, as it seems to have finally stopped the Italian shuffle in north Africa that has annoyed me since HOI 3 came out. Thanks PI!

it wont work for steam version. this is only for ones using our own installer like from GG. You need to wait for steam patch :( (I sent them an extra prodding just now too). If there are no issues on their side it should be up tonight

This is why you NEVER buy non-Valve games from Steam, if you can help it.

that contradicts the way checksums are supposed to work...

Well, then perhaps the way it is supposed to work should be changed? Now it makes us customers unable to enjoy MP with other customers who bought the game from a different source. Nowhere did it read 'MP only with buyers from the same store'. I do understand if it is something that needs to be fixed and it can't be fixed overnight, but I don't understand if this is 'WAD'.

It is 100% WAD for Steam, it is their packaging which creates another checksum; I do not think PI has the power to influence Steam very much regarding their process of dealing with games they get sent to them.

Could paradox alter their checksum creating routines to ignore files that are added/removed by steam install (most probably the original launcher is missing and some other steam launcher is in place). That way even when those few files would be different, the checksum would be the same. It's important to know if data files are the same, not some useless (once you start the game) launcher. That would solve all those problems people have for years now.

Could paradox alter their checksum creating routines to ignore files that are added/removed by steam install (most probably the original launcher is missing and some other steam launcher is in place). That way even when those few files would be different, the checksum would be the same. It's important to know if data files are the same, not some useless (once you start the game) launcher. That would solve all those problems people have for years now.

It doesn't check the launcher.

It only checks files that are needed to be the same for multiplayer to work.

Furthermore, this is not a dirty fix. It is an abstraction of the real world situation. Games are pretty much nothing but that. You can argue that it is a poor, unsuitable, or unapplicable abstraction, etc. if you wish though.

Yes it is:

http://dictionary.babylon.com/quick-and-dirty/

"...(of a computer program) hastily written, but still doing the job required..."

And I didn't say it was a bad solution. I actually agree its a good one when supply depots aren't available.

And granted Italian troops were low on ammunition and medicine (high rate of expenditure) but had other sorts of supplies in large amounts with lower rate of expenditure.