• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wrong. I have never modified HOI3 and I have had steam re-check the files to see if they are corrupted. Try a quick search on your own forum with the word checksum and you will see I am not the only one. Such an awkward system to use.

I am not wrong, but if you don't want to follow my advice it is your choice.

Last edited:
If you have the wrong checksum you have modded/corrupted files. There is nothing for us to "sort". Revert your files or remove everything and reinstall.

No, please try again. See, I reinstalled EVERYTHING, modded NOTHING, the game runs correctly, and I have KMZO as the checksum, as do several others apparently. Blaming the customer, while sometimes appropriate, is not helpful in this case. If *I* have corrupted files, it is because *Steam* has corrupted files -- i.e. your/their problem, not mine. Unless you give me something else to try on my end, I will wait for you to fix it on your end.

I'm really happy you added the direct download link.

For some strange reason I couldn't get the launcher to download it, and I had tried lots of times.
When I clicked the launcher just freezes for a minute, and then suddenly unfreezes, but nothing happens.

I am having the same problem again with this patch as I had with the previous one. The patch will not install because "FtM is not installed" which it certainly is. Solutions?

I think than I have problems. My steam checksum is RXEX.
I´m playing the scenario Desert Fox as Great Britain (this is my first time playing FTM) and I receive messages about the invasion of Crete (more than one) and then I receive reinforcements. Is it normal?. I think than I must receive one message only about the Crete invasion.
On the other hand I have received french units, all with the same name, and his organization always is zero.
Could them be problems related to my checksum?.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
I'm playing Germany on normal. I've done a historic build-up (though I may have gone overboard on the interceptor department). is it WAD that right after the conquest of Poland and Denmark my supply need is already at 106? if so, I can only guess what it will look like during Barby. I realise Germany has been a little overpowered in the past and may have needed a rebalancing, but half the world is out of rares (the SU has about 40 metal and 16 rares).
this is not a complaint or a flame of any kind. I just wanted to know if it is WAD. thanks. :D

My diplomat for Spain keep reminding me that Nationalist Spain has annexed Republican Spain once every two days. Its not a game-breaker but it is annoying. It was almost overwhelming at first. Let me see If I can get the screen shot.

I am having some problems with the defeat of France results. While playing as Italy I cannot get historical results. I am able to create a Vichy France if I choose "Puppet" while issuing the DoW. If I choose take provinces, Italy will get those, but Germany gets nothing-and France continues with a truce with the Axis. If I choose "conquer", then all of France that was not occupied by Germany, by the time of surrender, becomes part of Italy. The oddest outcome was brought on by creating a puppet; Vichy France was created and had a truce with the Axis, the remainder of France was French land and was now at war the the UK.

This is with the 1940 Attack on the West campaign. My check sum is FDAJ.

Has anyone else had such problems or do I have a funny install?

So, after another couple fast replays I got a normal Vichy-while taking Nice as chosen. So it is working, but no where near the same each time.

Last edited:
What? KMZO is the correct Steam checksum as I posted about 3 posts ago. The poster I was talking to had something else entirely.

I see ... now the first post is updated to show two different checksums. Will we now get different checksums from different sources? I play multiplayer, and we obviously all need to have the same checksum or it won't work properly.

Do as many trades as you can at the beginning, and research resource techs in Industry Tab.

I just cheated by way of test. I edited my save. the next level of resource techs I should be researching would be 1950. still showing -22 metal and -51 rares.supplies are at 106. I didn't build a single factory. so it is WAD.
too bad. Guess it's SF 2.04f for me, then.

Just to clarify: Can people who bought from different sources still enjoy multiplayer? I have the impulse version and my brother is about to get the STEAM version, I hope we can still enjoy MP as that is one of the main reasons for getting this game.

Just to clarify: Can people who bought from different sources still enjoy multiplayer? I have the impulse version and my brother is about to get the STEAM version, I hope we can still enjoy MP as that is one of the main reasons for getting this game.

Steam has a different Checksum for some reason to do with the way Steam works, which means that you will have different Checksums and won't be able to do multiplayer together. Sorry.