• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you do smth about stupid French AI loosing maginot in the early war? It is an apogee of stupidity to loose fort level 10 on the hills bordering just 2 enemy provinces.

1 - you're playing France, and enabled the AI control, set all Maginot line provinces as objectives, should avoid leaving one empty.
2 - You play as allies, select each province of the Maginot line and set an allied objective for France on it (btw do the same on the Italian border in the Alps)
3 - You play Germany, don't exploit it
4 - You play Comintern or other axis country - cry

Last edited:
1 - you're playing France, and enabled the AI control, set all Maginot line provinces as objectives, should avoid leaving one empty.
2 - You play as allies, select each province of the Maginot line and set an allied objective for France on it (btw do the same on the Italian border in the Alps)
3 - You play Germany, don't exploit it
4 - You play Comintern or other axis country - cry

You forgot neutral US.

Finding a solution to France, Germany and the Maginot line is not easy.

1. As long as there are VP's in those particular provinces the French AI will do it's best to defend them.

2. But, since VP's are "special" to the AI, the German AI will always choose them as theatre objectives when they're at war with France.

3. "special" means that all VP's are used to tell the AI where to defend and where to attack towards. note: I'm not positive, but I think the AI now(FtM) also uses Strategic Resources for this same purpose.

4. So, the only way to fix this problem would be to remove all VP's from the Maginot line(simple enough) and somehow code the French AI to defend those provinces regardless(I'm not sure this is even possible). Otherwise, we just have to deal with it.

5. VP's, since they're so important to the AI, I think their distribution needs a major overhaul, worldwide. ie. provinces in the middle of nowhere with nothing to offer(MP/LDR/IC/Resources) should not have VP's. All capital cities, ports, major cities, historical battlefields(ie. tobruk, kursk), Suez/Gibralter/Panama/Oresund and resource(not SR's)/MP/LDR/IC provinces should have at least 1 VP. The more important the province, the more VP's it recieves.

6. Also, I think some adjustment needs to be made to where and how much some IC/LDR/MP is/is not located. ie. When a place like Tenerife has MP/LDR and Khabarovsk does not, theres something amiss. Or, How about MP/LDR/IC in Portage la Prairie, but nothing in Montreal(the biggest industrial center in Canada during the era). Oh, and India has far to much British IC, I think some of that needs to be moved to the Isles. I'd say make India((including Pakistan) market liberal) and Egypt(absolute monarchy) British puppets and re-adjust the whole lot (this would serve another purpose as well).

7. Strategic Resources placed in/or blocked by provinces with only 1 infra serve absolutly no purpose if the AI(production lua, not country specific) is not coded to research and then build infra in those particular provinces as well. If you switch the building activation of Construction Engineering(IC) and Advanced Construction Engineering(infra) it would help with this.

8. To many countries have infantry activation pre-set and are building infantry when they should be researching and building militia & garrison. The lower MP, officer and supply cost required means militia is better suited for minors. Infantry might be more effective, but if you don't have the IC, MP or supply to fully utilise them, then what good are they? On a similiar note, can something be done about South Africa? Oddly enough, It does not have infantry activation so it doesn't build infantry, but, it doesn't build militia, garrison or cavalry either. It does happen to have enough practical to have L Arm gifted to it, so it builds a dozen binary L Arm divisions or more.

9. Is it possible for someone to remove the aircraft techs from El Salvador, Saudi Arabia and Iraq and replace those with some militia techs or something they can actually use and build!?

Edit:

10. 7717-Panama(canal) & 7722-Colon(Panamanian capital), I think there was a small mistake made with these? Panama seems to be the only country in the world that doesn't have any MP or LDR but it does have a large VP value. A few of the provincial stats(bold/underlined) need to be switched between the two.

Code:
owner = USA
controller = USA
add_core = USA
add_core = PAN
[B][U]points = 1[/U][/B]
[B][U]anti_air = 2[/U][/B]
infra = 6
[B][U]air_base = 1[/U][/B]
[B][U]naval_base = 3[/U][/B]
[B][U]manpower = 2.00[/U][/B]
[B][U]leadership = 0.20[/U][/B]

1941.1.1 = {
	radar_station = 1
}

Code:
owner = PAN
controller = PAN
add_core = PAN
[B][U]points = 5[/U][/B]
[B][U]anti_air = 3[/U][/B]
infra = 6
energy = 6
[B][U]air_base = 4[/U][/B]
[B][U]naval_base = 4[/U][/B]

11. 7637-Guantanamo, 7630-Santiago de Cuba & 7576-La Habana

- all provincial stats in Guantanamo should be transfered to Santiago de Cuba.

- Guantanamo should have 1 VP, a level 1 air base and a level 2-3 naval base and should be owned and controlled by the US during this era.

- Santiago de Cuba should have a level 1 naval base added to it.

- La Habana should have a level 2 air base added to it.

Edit 2:

- There's no adjacency between Trinadad and Tobago.

Whoops my mistake, I must of tried to click on that damn province about 12 times, it just didn't work. But, I just confirmed there is an adjacency and it does work. I must of been off about 1 pixel into the Gulf of Paria:wacko:

- The event effect "random_owned = {xx brigade}" will generate brigades in level 1 infra provinces. Theres only one event I can see that uses this in vanilla FtM, but modders might make use of this elswhere and may encounter some problems.

Last edited:
that depends on the system and you can't do much about it. if you want a slower game use a different speed level.

Not exactly. Only the last fifth speed level depends on your PC, those 4 previous are probably set to be more fixed. And the problem is that the game at 4th speed level is too slow, while at 5th it's already too fast to be able to manage your armies effectively.

In Semper Fi, it was like:

Therefore, you could still play at the highest speed and somehow managed to control your armies manually. However, with the speed improvement FTM gave us, things have changed:

As you can see, there is now an obvious gap between 4th and 5th level of speed, so you can no longer command your armies at 5th while 4th is quite slow for it. And as 1st speed level is insanely superslow and therefore of no use, I suggest moving all the 4 levels one step further now. This would affect only the first 4 levels, while the last one would obviously stay the same - limited only by your PC. Just like this:

You see where the 4th speed level would get to? Just it the spot to allow comfortable commanding of your units while not being forced to slow things down too much.

Just a small hint. If somebody wants something changed seriously, he better open a thread in the bugforum. There the chance, that a dev reads it, is 10 times higher then here. At least, you will get a comment then, if it will be changed or not. And if not, why it is not possible.

One can not expect, that devs read everything in such a active forum.

hey me and my friend from steam badly want to start a game but i have the impulse copy. any news on when we are going to get a checksum fix? Feels like its been weeks since you guys were "looking into it" and still no word?

hey me and my friend from steam badly want to start a game but i have the impulse copy. any news on when we are going to get a checksum fix? Feels like its been weeks since you guys were "looking into it" and still no word?

Awesome thread about it and a solution is right here.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?550882-How-owners-of-different-versions-of-the-game-can-play-with-each-other.

They locked it but didn't delete it, so seems like they weren't sure if they should go with the gestapo or the freedom approach and ended up inbetween.

I did not see this running through the thread, so it might just be me, but does Germany now conquer France every time instead of installing Vichy? This is rather disappointing for Japan.