• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

calvinhobbeslik

Field Marshal
22 Badges
Nov 29, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
So, EU3 has a bunch of challenge threads, so I decided to start one for Victoria 2.

The goal of these challenges is to help people who may not be as good as they like to get better. Every week or so, there will be a challenge. Each challenge will ask you to play one nation (or one of a set of related nations) and you'll get points for completing certain goals. Some goals will be pretty easy, other will be more difficult. There will be no eliminations, and so your points will determine your rankings.

If enough people (at least 10?) are interested and sign up, I'll post the first challenge soon!

Here are the rules:
1. You must have Heart of Darkness, preferably with the 3.02 beta.
2. It's probably best if you're not an expert at Vic 2, so that this will be fun for everyone, but experts are welcome to try the challenges anyway!
3. Reloading from earlier saves is allowed, but don't abuse it. Besides that, no cheating(using console, editing saves, etc.)
4. Screenshots are required to verify everything. To get all your points, all the conditions must be fulfilled at the same time, though not necessarily at the end of the game.
5. (Almost) all challenges will start in 1836, and all of them last until the 1936 end date.

Good luck to everyone.

I'll get HoD when I'm done with the current game as Sardinia, wich is my second game overall. Completed the first with Brazil at #5 and I think I'll end this one at #3.

So count me in.
If you get ten people while I'm still busy with the current game, I'll apply for the second challenge.

I'm no newbie, but I'm looking for an idea on my next game and playing along with a few forumites sounds like fun. Details please, I want to start a new game today ;)

Could I throw my name into the ring? I do tend to suck at Victoria II, but maybe having some clear defined goals will not only keep me interested, but allow me to improve at the game.