• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
General Stiener huh?
Romanov?! Yussss!!!

Perhaps I'm a bit impatient, but I want Udo's head in a silver plate now, please.

General Stiener huh?
Romanov?! Yussss!!!

* Cough * Should be Steiner ...

And yes Romanov ... THIS IS RUSSIA !!!

Agh I c the ruskies are going to get a hand on this......

A lot of people have a hand in the Cookie Jar :). I'm still working on your submission btw. Have to do a bit of research.​

Perhaps I'm a bit impatient, but I want Udo's head in a silver plate now, please.

Be patient. You will have your wish. Unfortunately he's in power until 2029. Im still playing 2017. His darkness will grow, but something far greater will emerge after him.

Steiner is dead, so Stiener took his role? :p

:eek: ... Spelling Error .... :D

Having just played into 2020 ... I have discovered that all but one tech team dies off in April.

Depending on how the game carries on, I may or may not stop around 2020. If I find the game is unplayable then I will see what to do from then. Regardless, We have another 8 years of updates before 2020.

Having just played into 2020 ... I have discovered that all but one tech team dies off in April.

Depending on how the game carries on, I may or may not stop around 2020. If I find the game is unplayable then I will see what to do from then. Regardless, We have another 8 years of updates before 2020.

I tried a game with italy, found it pretty easy to expand into the east. How does chzech republic, Slovakia, Austria and Poland look??? You could aslo hit Hungary, Romania, and Yugoslavia quickly If you build, I expanded with the help of my allies and took the whole balkans, poland, Switzerland and even Ukraine, Belarus and the baltics, then I backstabed and created an IU and not EU :D

Public Service Announcement # 23853-21​

I may put off updated for several days or until Halloween. If I am going to stop at 2020 or around there (Which seems likely) then I will have a story fitting of an end for 2020.

Give me some time to work on it. I believe you will not be disappointed.

So, I may edit some things within what has already been done to fit with the new timeline.

So I must apologise for the AAR ending quicker than was hoped and expected. But I will leave you with a teaser of what is to come for Germany and the World at the end ... hell I might even provide a timeline or an Epilogue.

Tell me what you want, I will get it for you.

- Templar

I want New Zealand to actually do something and not be such a pack of sissies!! lol

or failing that, the story behind the death of Udo would be nice, and more Steiner.

Chapter3-UnrelentingExpansion.jpg

The German League and the Crown of Lords

July 4 2036
GCN - Years of Crisis : A History of Germany from 2009 to 2017

In 2012, Germany was seeing the peek of her next crisis. The narrowly avoided leadership struggle and decent into a second civil war had passed, but it was not over. Within Germany, factions began to plot against each other. The two groups were at the time, largely out of the public eye. Now, it is common knowledge that the groups fought and died to achieve victory over the other in a shadow war.

The First Party, the German League was ruled by Udo Voigt who had established himself as President of Germany and Sascha Rossmuller as his Second in Command. While popular perception puts Vice President Holger Apfel as the right hand of Udo Voigt, no records exist which link him to the Faction established by Udo. Other members of the Party included Horst Mahler, Johann Gartner and a large number of the top generals in the army and half of the top commanders in the Navy. Frej Konst was also a member of the party. Little was known of him at the time however he would later become infamous for his direction of re-education camps within the Black Forest.

de~nr893.gif

The Flag of the German League, and Germany under Udo Voigt.
The Second Party, the Crown of Lord’s was headed by Lord Otto von Grey. With support from members of both the public and military the Party was powerful, however was still unable to make the conflict open within it’s first few years. A descendent of Colonel Stauffenberg, he had sworn to his father, as became family tradition, that he would serve Germany above her leader’s. That he would serve the people and act in the best interest’s of the nation. Another member of the party was General Steiner. The man who had commanded German forces in Dresden during the famous siege. General Steiner was intended to be the first victim of the shadow war and was presumed dead until 2016 when the shadow war came to the public. Rumours also state that General Hans Otto Bude was major player in the faction, but was assassinated when he attempted to abandon the Crown of Lord’s.

To this day however, not much is known about Otto von Grey, he was recognised as a major player in European and World politics even before the Shadow War but the extent is unknown. Several theories place him as the cause of the rise in German Militarism before the war with Russia and the allowance of the changing German constitution. Other theories place him at the heart of a world power struggle with Vladimir Putin and John Kerry. Other theorists believe that the three had intended to establish a new order but that he was betrayed by Vladimir Putin with the onset of N-Day and simply abandoned John Kerry when the U.S. fell to Anarchy

herb-ces.gif

The Symbol of the Crown of Lords.
Much debate continues as to the date of the onset for the war. Some point the Siege of Dresden as being the opening of the conflict - while others insist that the assassination of Hans Otto Bude was the beginning. The event which has thus far gathered the most support is the unveiling of the Eagle-I ICBM as it was around that time which Udo Voigt and member’s of the German League began to garner heavy support by pushing for the weapon’s to be abolished and destroyed.

The first steps of the conflict were minor assassination’s, of which many were faked rebel attacks. Classified documents are presumed to confirm that the Crown of Lord’s co-operated with the expanding Canadian Super power in order to attempt to gain superiority while the German League turned to MARTY for much of it’s funding and order restoration programs, allowing military units to quash Crown of Lord’s member’s and to quell all opposition to his rule.

Twuav_13_02.jpeg

Hunter Killer UAVs were widely used by the Canadian government to oppose the German League - and assassinate it's members.

By September 19 2012, the Shadow conflict had been raging for over a year and neither side was winning the conflict, ready to declare open war or prepared to call on outside intervention to achieve victory - without the threat of a complete breakdown and total civil war from which Germany would not recover.

The first Major step in the escalation of the war was the order by the Crown of Lords to transfer several Special Forces Units into International Units to oppose German League interests and to improve relations with nations such as Canada, Brazil and South Africa. These units were combined alongside specially assigned foreign squads to form the most infamous Special Forces Units of the modern era. The Dark Angels.

us_navy_seals_3.jpg

Picture of the Dark Angels on a Training Exercise in Quebec, Canada. Originally, Dark Angels were not equipped with Dawn Mk I or Mk II Armour because Germany was the only nation to possess them and the Crown of Lords was unable to acquire a suit for Canadian reproduction.

The Dark Angels would become the chief unit of the Crown of Lords and would become the single most effective weapon in the shadow conflict. In 2018, when the German League would finally realise that the Dark Angels were planning Operation Destiny, they would be whittled down to half of their original number and would have lost the faith of the public.

OOC : So I have a plan for the story - actual gameplay events will be accurate and included - that I think should do well in a job of replacing what I previously had. Expect an update Tonight. A Halloween Special.

Delifghtfully interesting!

Halloween Special

Operation Hollow

July 11 2036
GCN - Years of Crisis : A History of Germany from 2009 to 2017

On October 13 2012, Operation Hollow was launched to recapture the city of Dresden from the rebel occupiers. German Intelligence had indicated that several entrances to the city had been completely abandoned along with parts of the city. The original plan called for the Army to infiltrate the city through these abandoned points while the Airforce provided necessary support. Immediately problems were encountered. Further reconnaissance revealed that all but a single entrance to the city had been blocked off - the reports were dismissed as ‘questionable’.

Despite warnings from the 3 survivors of the Siege of Dresden, the Military pushed for an immediate assualt on the city. Udo Voigt received the request to begin the Operation on October 11 and was notified that all preparations had been made. He approved of the Operation and ordered it to occur in the early hours of October 13. General Stone, who had been in command of U.S. forces in Germany before N-Day and had chosen to remain in Germany with half of his original force, was given command of the Operation. Despite his protests for the plan to be changed, the Operation was ordered to begin with the original plan and to begin on the original date.

_11758449007564.jpg

A Picture of General Stone before the Nuclear War. He had long been involved in the defence and military structure of Germany before the Shadow War.
Members of the Germany Army entered the city expecting little resistance. They passed through the subway system into the city with little opposition however a loss of contact with some of the unit’s was reported. The lack of communications was pointed to the environment.

As German forces emerged from the tunnels they found a city abandoned by the rebels. There was good reason. The city was littered with people infected with the deadly mutation of H1N1 which became known as the Inferna Virus. Though it was not known at the time, Dresden had become a breeding ground for the virus and mutations of it. The city had been free of the virus until the rebels captured the city - at which point MARTY covered the city with an aerosol variant, infecting everything that was not wearing a gas mask or a biohazard suit. They had expected the city to be devoid of life within days. However, due to the high rate of infection amongst rebel forces - many had become immune to the virus. Those that had not underwent unintended side effects.

Less than a month before the Operation began, Rebel forces had fled the city and its new denizens. The German Army was taken by surprise as they advanced.

28_Weeks_Later-_05.jpg

Picture taken during Operation Hollow. Photographer presumed dead.

Despite being heavily armed and equipped with biohazard gear, they were unprepared for the ferocity and sheer number of the infected which attacked. General Stone flooded the city with reinforcements - a decision which only contributed to the controversy surrounding the man. Gradually the soldiers managed to secure parts of the city but at huge cost. On October 22 the Battle was declared a victory and large numbers of troops poured into the city to consolidate and to kill off remaining infected.

Upon hearing of General Stone’s victory, Udo Voigt cut off the General from further reinforcements. Likely because it was suspected that General Stone was a member of the Crown of Lords or because Udo was a fierce nationalist and sought to discredit the American. Regardless of the reason, General Stone was bared any further reinforcements. A development which would doom the forces in Dresden.

Due to Images of the Infected remaining classified and survivor‘s of the battle forbidden to speak of the infected to anyone, we have no way of knowing how they would have looked. However, previous strains of H1N1 were reported to have left people pale, almost a blue or greyish colour, caused a loss of hair and continuous vomiting while also causing extreme hunger. Another strain caused the infected person to experience excruciating headaches, essentially driving them away from light, noise and causing them to be delusional and slow, while preventing the clotting of blood and at times causing deadly nose bleeds. Other strains had been known to cause aggression and prevent the infected person from thinking properly. If these traits were combined then we can imagine what the soldiers were fighting. A raving horde of mad, aggressive and starving diseased people. Some of the captured rebels referred to them as ‘Ghouls’ or even ‘Zombies’.

Over the next 5 days, half of General Stones force would be infected or killed and on October 30 the last of his force would be killed or join the denizens of Dresden in their affliction of the Inferna Virus. In the early hours of October 31, when General Stones remaining forces were struggling to maintain control of the single access point into and out of the city, General Stone gave the order.
“Execute Code Arrow”

28weeksgm3.jpg

One of the Most famous pictures of the Dresden incident. Taken from a Canadian Spy Satellite.

Dresden was covered in Napalm once every hour for the next three days. Operation Hollow is regarded as the single greatest failure of the Germany Army since the invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941. With more dead than the Siege of Dresden and such a great failure in retaking the city, General Stones career was ruined. Under orders by Udo Voigt he was executed for “Crimes Against the State”. The Cit itself was forever haunted by memories of both battles and the infamy it had achieved.

The City has borne numerous nicknames since that day. More common names are ‘Dead Son’, ‘Corpse Central’ and ‘Inferna City’.

With 3/4s of the force which entered Dresden having been originally American, the remaining American Forces contemplated leaving Germany or whether they should remain as their orders stated. Not 2 days after the Dresden Incident, Lord Otto von Grey approached the highest ranking American Officer with an offer he could not refuse. A chance to avenge the dead Americans and to kill Udo Voigt. The American force promised to aid the Crown of Lords in all matters and soon composed a quarter of their members and over half of their forces in the field and security forces.

The Crown of Lords was becoming an International Force against the German League.

Dresden seems to be fated to vanish into a blaze of fire from time to time.

Like a phoenix?

Silly Udo, only turned the Americans aganist him!

I don't think it is good for Germany to be divided like this. It could become easy prey for enemies. Are relations with your neighbours stable? Will French only watch the situation? Smart leader would attack Germany before rising power becomes a superpower.

Why not Crown of Swords? :p

A. They are people, not sharp inanimate objects
B. I think there might be reference I am not getting ...

Some heavy shit happening here :D.

lol. Yes there is.

Like a phoenix?

I couldn't say it better myself. Like a Phoenix.

Silly Udo, only turned the Americans aganist him!

The mistakes people make. ;)

I don't think it is good for Germany to be divided like this. It could become easy prey for enemies. Are relations with your neighbours stable? Will French only watch the situation? Smart leader would attack Germany before rising power becomes a superpower.

The relations with my neighbours are indeed stable. Even if they weren't, the entire EU army is in Russia. The continuing World War has kept Germany out of the public eye.