• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have I been living in a vault! MY GOD WHERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK!!!! *Scrambles for link*

On the terranova forums. If u re-check this topic, ull see when the post about beta being available on terranova was posted... Just in case ur wondering - terranova is our home forum. Shame ppl dont wanna join us over there... If u have trouble finding it, let me know. Shouldnt be too hard, it is in the general discussion sub-forum of FoDD on terranova.

If everyone got what they wanted fixed in the game it still wouldn't be balanced

Hit the nail on the head there. Balance is such a...subjective thing. ;)

Last edited:
The beta in the Terranova forums is the only thing that works on DH. I tried converting the HoI II one, but it crashes before loading completely.

The good news is that the DH version is a little more than half the size of the HoI II version.

This mod wasn't really what I expected in a Fallout mod. I love the interface and models but the tone of the game is a bit too silly for my taste. This is all just personal opinion though.

I know it's a beta, nonetheless, for some reason it crashes each time I select Diplomacy. Does anyone know why?

Anyway, great job, can't wait for the final version. :)

I know it's a beta, nonetheless, for some reason it crashes each time I select Diplomacy. Does anyone know why?
My best guess is that its not installed correct... Did u apply the official 1.01.1 patch (from May 15th) for DH?

I actually meant things like the Kurtz faction in Las Vegas.
Ok, anything else? I refuse to believe u dont like it because of 1 faction placement. Can u elaborate please? We would like any feedback. Then, we can start explaining the moves we did & start adjusting the moves we should make...

Last edited:
Ok, anything else? I refuse to believe u dont like it because of 1 faction placement. Can u elaborate please? We would like any feedback. Then, we can start explaining the moves we did & start adjusting the moves we should make...

Fair enough. You make a good point.

Please don't get me wrong; I understand that the Fallout universe is nothing without Easter Eggs and the like. I just think that a number of starting factions are just a little bit too 'out there' in terms of ministers. The Kurtz-in-Vegas example was just the one that caught my eye immediately. Especially since Vegas was the focal point of the latest Fallout game. The reason why I don't mind the 'Warriors of Ice' for example is because they are so out of the way that the player doesn't have dealings with them until maybe late in the game. I do like new nations like the Robot Nation or the Junkers.

One nagging question; why is Caesar's legion so far east? I can understand them being driven back but all the way there?

Kurtz was put in a long time before the latest game came out. If you head over to the terranova forums, you can suggest new stuff to put in.

There is discussion right now of moving Caeser back west and moving Kurtz to somewhere else. This will make more sense once Arizona and Nevada get broken up into smaller territories.

Ups, no... :p where is it?
This is the best i can do for u mate ;) ---> http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?535496-Darkest-Hour-Patch-1.01.1-May-15th

Ok, just to put in my own 2 cents here.

FoDD mod was made a long, long time ago, before Bethesda even acquired Fo rights. Many of the things were thought of to fill the empty spaces between the nations (including certain nations).

MOST of the content in FoDD is based on Fo1 + 2... A wee-little bit of it on Van Buren + Fo: Tactics. And in the end, only after Fo3 came out (which is actually quite recently, mod age wise) did the content from it start getting in. So thats the way it is, u shouldnt expect too much of it to represent the Fo3 lore (i.e. FUSA).

For the future plans: idea is to move CL (caesars legion) to the west, as mentioned above. New nation is already planned - Reavers. Also, new nation(s) will be added in places where too much of Wasteland provinces are concentrated (namely, south of FUSA) - but i cannot tell u when.

@etkar

This is (hopefully) FAR from the "final" version... It is hopefully just a first of many more to come, but the 1st fully DH compatible one ;)

SwordOfJustice! Alive and kicking I see! Splendid, just splendid.
I await to play in the Fallout world of America once again!

Sincerely,
myzko