• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't really understand what the post you linked is supposed to tell precisely, it talks about hoi3 sliders and ministereffects and all is kinda mingled together in two sentences.

So:
- you can of course edit each effect that is in the policy_effects.csv for each slider individually.
- minister effects are as the name says for ministers, and it's of course not possible to simply copy a line of ministereffects into the policyslider file and expect it to work.

If you want to have a certain sliderposition/minister combination to have a certain effect you will have to write an event to support the slider, that is how the mobilization system in DH work f.e.

simplified example:

trigger = {
minster = xyz
policy = abc value= 6 #this is the slider position.
}

action = {
command = { effect = 123 }
}

I quote the part of the post from that page referring to DH:

"With DH I tried to give a ministerial bonus to militia during the rain and it doesn't seem to work." So Im wondering if all the options work...

And thank you for the explanation :)

My question was supposed to be - is it possible to rename sliders AND give them different effects than those they have now? Without the "minister" combination part. Im guessing slider effects are limited to those within policy_effects.csv.

Cause we're trying to "adapt" sliders for FoDD and one of the ideas would be Tribal/Civilized slider instead of free market/planned economy - and we would like to change the effect of THAT slider to have different "boni" than the current one. i.e. the more "civilized" u go, u get a better boni for fighting in urban areas, while tribal gives u open terrain bonus (this is just a simplified example). Is that even possible or would that require a lot of work?

Ministers have already been modified AFAIK ;)

EDIT: I think i've figured it out, at least theoretically :D. Thanx again

Last edited:
Beta's working fine.
By the way, what's the point of the Barbarians and Far Away Land?
Also, in my opinion, however, the Former U.S.A. is vastly overpowered. ;)

Here's my game only a few hour into it, and those lands I had to give to Mexico, I had to fight the Bandit bastards for them.

FormerUSA.png

T.J., how about coming to terranova and giving ur feedback there, hmm? Ill have some cookies for ya there ;) :D

Barbarians & far away land were there to update unit stats since they were not being properly updated.

Yes, FUSA is strong, maybe a bit overpowered, but DC will get a nerf, so the civil war should last longer and be more gruesome. Another thing will be that RCC will be hostile to FUSA, along with Junkers (future Pitt i believe), so that should make it more challenging as well. Also, FUSA is a leader of the alliance and as such should be one of the strongest nations.

I'm pretty sure if u play Mutants/NCR/Enclave, ull also have most of the continent within ur grasp soon enough ;)

I just need a few checks for what certain things "do"... If anybody can help, Id appreciate it.

What is MODIFIER_DISSENT_SPEED in policy_effects.csv? What/how does it affect?

MODIFIER_RELATIONSHIPS_DOW <- relationship penalty for declaring war?

MODIFIER_DOW_DISSENT_COST <- Im guessing this raises the dissent for declaring war?

MODIFIER_USE_BELLIGERENCE_FOR_DOW <- required belligerence for declaration of war?

MODIFIER_BELLIGERENCE_DOW <- how much belligerence u get for DoW?

Also, what "measure" r these? Most of the others are in %, are these as well? If not, which one isnt?

last EDIT: This one beats the heck out of me as well: MODIFIER_INTELLIGENCE - used as extra spy level in distance calcs

Last edited:
Elitech, so basically one person posts a picture of FUSA taking over most of North America without pointing it was done on very easy and you decide to nerf FUSA? Whenever people ask me to define the word 'Weakwilled' I will just say Elitech then.

Elitech, so basically one person posts a picture of FUSA taking over most of North America without pointing it was done on very easy and you decide to nerf FUSA? Whenever people ask me to define the word 'Weakwilled' I will just say Elitech then.

What are you talking about? I play on Very Hard and Aggressive, it's the only way to get any challenge from the AI.

Also, why don't you buy the game and register it.

What are you talking about? I play on Very Hard and Aggressive, it's the only way to get any challenge from the AI.

Also, why don't you buy the game and register it.

Not everyone can afford to buy as many games and not play them as you T.J. , Even if he is pirating it is better he pirate and buy later to support the developers then *Example* to say buy a used game or from a site where paradox doesn't make a profit at all. Also regardless of playing on Very Hard to Very Easy the Former USA is just a little bit to strong for the rest of the nations to defend itself from their power.

That problem about overpowered FUSA has already been raised by me in the old arma thread. Good to see that feedback is taken into consideration.
Not everyone can afford to buy as many games and not play them as you T.J. , Even if he is pirating it is better he pirate and buy later to support the developers then *Example* to say buy a used game or from a site where paradox doesn't make a profit at all. Also regardless of playing on Very Hard to Very Easy the Former USA is just a little bit to strong for the rest of the nations to defend itself from their power.
Doesnt change that he came like an assh0le and started insulting someone.
(weak-willed isnt a compliment)

Erm... I do not even know u o_O

Sure, go right ahead, say whatever u want :) It is a free country. Im actually flattered that my alias will be used :D

Always funny to see people that can only criticize and bullshit without doing anything themselves and/or being constructive.

FUSA vs DC war has been waiting for a long time now, even while the mod was developed by HoI2 (which u would know if u visited and read terranova forums). Even before this beta, a concept and events for a new nation have been made in that area and decided that CL will be moved away. RCC getting hostile with FUSA is an old thing that waits to be implemented. So everything I wrote were things that have already been set in motion. Unfortunately, we do not have the time to do everything IMMEDIATELY. Would be nice if more ppl joined the team and helped us with the work. Even doing grunt-work (such as find a year, replace it with another one, move on) takes hours off our schedules. Just imagine - every leader (army+navy+air), ministers, etc. need a year change right now. If u ever look at the army leaders file, u will see there are a few years for EVERY leader (when he starts being available, year of promotion etc...)... So it takes a while.

Hope the point has gotten across. Now that that's settled, moving on.

@ChippoTheHippo

I do not know u either, so welcome and not-so-nice to meet u... Not an encouraging post to read, but I guess ur beef is with T.J.. Might be wrong.

I can show u my save with the Spider nation having 1000+ batallions ready to steam over the globe... Should we weaken the Spiders? I conquered the world as Mutants, Vault City, Enclave (never with New Arroyo or PSZ, maybe i should)... Should we weaken them all? Point is, playing any nation, u can conquer the world. And the problem isnt the nation(s) being too strong - the problem is UR HUMAN, they're AI. AI is... well, the AI. It cannot yet even begin to compare to human brain.

Among other things, Spiders and Zombie Apoc are also waiting to be strengthened a little - just so if it ever comes up, i can at least point to this post that SOMETHING has already been said about them.

Also, there always were and will be nations that are stronger - IRL and game-wise. I mean, Germany taking over France in WW2? NO WAY. Rome spreading all over the known world? IMPOSSIBLE. FUSA is one of the alliance leaders. It is strong and will stay strong. But the mod is far from perfect.

I and we ALWAYS, ALWAYS ask people for more feedback, for more comments. Each and every one of my posts contains I believe, in one way or another, a plea to give us more feedback. We do not (nor will we (the team) ever, I believe) have the time to run the game a gazillion times with gazillion different outcomes to see what needs tweaking. Even now, I invite u all to terranova and give us feedback there. But i hope u realize there is a big difference between just saying "this isnt right" and "this isnt right because of this and this. My idea to change it would be to do bla bla bla"...

Take care

P.S. I would still like my modding questions answered please, if possible :)

EDIT: Thanx for the kind words JRHINDO :) Nice to see the work is appreciated *thumbs up*

Last edited:

I play every single game I buy, what on earth makes you think otherwise. That is nonsense, how could you even make a claim like that? Paradox is my favorite company, though I am biased since I am studying to be a history major at UO. I own 11 different games from one company, oooh, big whoop.
99% of the time folks will not end up purchasing the game, anyway, if they pirate (what's the incentive?). And what does that have to do with buying used games at all?
I only called him out because he was being a jerk to Elitech and spouting nonsense. Besides, if you decide to pirate the game, and post on the developers forums, that's like a slap on the face. That is what bugs me.

I never played the mod before, just chose FUSA out of random, gave me a goal to reconquer the States. I myself was only stating that they felt overpowered, which they ought to be anyway, they are a sole surviving government body.

Last edited:
I did not mean to come off as a jerk, I was just stating what I believed in the situation. A failure on my part is I never played the most recent Fallout Doomsday version so I never knew the FUSA was dealt with, For that I am sorry to state something without further knowledge on the subject. I hope the mod goes well as I am eager to try it on Darkest Hour :D Good luck and hopefully no hard feelings.

Besides, I think you've been around this forum to know not to get me started on piracy, ha.

A little kids spouting nonsense to a mod dev about a game he doesn't even know, agh, makes me cringe.

Pirate the game all you want, I can't stop you, just not here.

I play every single game I buy, what on earth makes you think otherwise. That is nonsense, how could you even make a claim like that? Paradox is my favorite company, though I am biased since I am studying to be a history major at UO. I own 11 different games from one company, oooh, big whoop.
99% of the time folks will not end up purchasing the game, anyway, if they pirate (what's the incentive?). And what does that have to do with buying used games at all?
I only called him out because he was being a jerk to Elitech and spouting nonsense. Besides, if you decide to pirate the game, and post on the developers forums, that's like a slap on the face. That is what bugs me.

I never played the mod before, just chose FUSA out of random, gave me a goal to reconquer the States. I myself was only stating that they felt overpowered, which they ought to be anyway, they are a sole surviving government body.

99% of the time is as much of a speculation as what I said about if he torrented for such reason as I stated, Please do not take what I said as a insult to you. I did get a little hostile to you and for that I am sorry, But we need to get back on topic and put this behind us.

I hope the mod goes well as I am eager to try it on Darkest Hour :D Good luck and hopefully no hard feelings.

Np, no hard feelings :) Its always nice to know there are civilized ppl out there.

Btw, u can download & play beta FoDD 2.0 for DH, its been out for some time now... Not as polished as it will be, but completely playable.

On a side note - if u think the game is too easy, avoid majors ;) I always found playing NROM an interesting experience... if u can handle it that is :D

I only called him out because he was being a jerk to Elitech and spouting nonsense.

*shucks* Gonna make me blush there ;)

A little kids spouting nonsense to a mod dev about a game he doesn't even know, agh, makes me cringe.

I dub thee Protector of Eli :D Seriously though, as stated above, always nice to see people who respect what you do (even if they do not understand WHAT exactly u do - not taking bout u, just in general).

Last edited:
@ChippoTheHippo

I do not know u either, so welcome and not-so-nice to meet u... Not an encouraging post to read, but I guess ur beef is with T.J.. Might be wrong.

I can show u my save with the Spider nation having 1000+ batallions ready to steam over the globe... Should we weaken the Spiders? I conquered the world as Mutants, Vault City, Enclave (never with New Arroyo or PSZ, maybe i should)... Should we weaken them all? Point is, playing any nation, u can conquer the world. And the problem isnt the nation(s) being too strong - the problem is UR HUMAN, they're AI. AI is... well, the AI. It cannot yet even begin to compare to human brain.

It doesn't have to be fixed, Never asked just said what I felt. If everyone got what they wanted fixed in the game it still wouldn't be balanced, Were all human and humans are for the most part not perfect And it doesn't have to be. :)