• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Goodness gracious! That's a lot of information, and in so little time too! You have my sincerest thanks for everything you've typed up so far.
Turns out I only had Fix-4. Which explains why I IC was ridiculous for some factions.
I don't know if the FODD mod version in your signature is more recent then the one in the OP, if so I can't access it. "Permission denied" for some reason.
As for bug reports, that's probably because once again- I only had Fix-4. Completely on my part for never checking further in the threat despite knowing the OP had a good chance of not being entirely up to date. I'll be playing a lot of this today again with the new fix, and I'll finally get to see how things have progressed even further!

I was mostly disappointed in the Enclave for much the same reason as I'd assume why I'd be disappointed in either BoS factions (Which I haven't touched yet.)
Complete lack of Power Armored troops/Seems really underpowered when in my game I couldn't fight off the Shi or NCR worth anything. (I annexed Redding and got dog piled on by them.)
I'll give them another shot now that I have FIX-10! Thank you again for your reply! I'll be back soon.

Also, from my little memory I can say Dead Islands had some sort of secret tech on it, and you were given the option to go in or not go in to get it. I don't remember much, I just know it didn't fire in my Enclave save, the most recent one. I don't think you can play as Dead Islands either, as they are a space holder faction. Like the Wastelands, the Glow, and X marks the spot factions.

Also! Disregard most of my complaints right now, then. I've been running an outdated version for about a month in a half now ever since I got off my hiatus of the game!

As well, my final questions before I forget are!

What do Data Centers do -exactly-?
What do Nuclear Reactors do -exactly-?
When you get a nuclear bomb, how do you drop it? I don't recall being able to drop the ones I made as Robot Nations about 2 years ago.

Edit: I can download the FODD version in your signature now for some reason.
Regardless! Is that the newest version of the game now, aside from FIX-10? Or is it the same as the one in the OP?

Last edited:
Hey guys, are you planning on creating a Cuban faction of some sort? It seems a bit of a waste to have most of the Caribbean islands present, but being totally unused as I have yet to see a faction attempt to take them!

I think it might be a cool idea to have a faction of Communist Cuban Ghouls out for revenge against America! :p

Reactions:
If the wiki is correct then Cuba was capitalistic in this timeline, because Soviets backed off in mid 60s and CIA carried out successful assassination of Castro and installed puppet regiment with the help of 5000 CIA trained Cubans who ran from Cuba when communists took power.

Reactions:
As well, my final questions before I forget are!

What do Data Centers do -exactly-?
What do Nuclear Reactors do -exactly-?
When you get a nuclear bomb, how do you drop it? I don't recall being able to drop the ones I made as Robot Nations about 2 years ago.

Edit: I can download the FODD version in your signature now for some reason.
Regardless! Is that the newest version of the game now, aside from FIX-10? Or is it the same as the one in the OP?
Data Centers do for "Advanced Weapons and Armor" tech components the same that the rocket installations do for rocketry techs components. It simply decreases the time needed to develop related tech (also reduces creation-time of some not-implemented type of units)

Nuclear reactors do the same than the DH contra-parts: Reduce the research time of nuclear components (for some reason that translates to Science and Medicine. Not sure about the first one.)

AFAIK, currently there isn't a way to actually deploy your nukes.

Are you sure you can't use nukes??

It must be in this version because in an older version of this mod, before you started using the new map, I distinct remember Nuking new york as the New Republic of Mexico! The dark cathedral only owned it and like 2 other provinces, but I kept getting events caused by them that gave me dissent throughout my provinces for some reason, so I attacked the Harlequins and captured new Orleans and used it as a base to attack New York, but their defenses were too strong so I had to nuke them and send an all ghoul army to capture the city. I am 99.99% sure I loaded the nuke onto a zeppelin bomber. Maybe I am wrong and I did it some other way, but I know I nuked New York while playing as Mexico!:p

Also with regards to Cuba, according to this guy: http://www.gamecrate.com/5-settings-we-would-see-fallout-4/10108

Cuba didnt diverge from history and became controlled by the Communists. I cant find anything about cuba in the wiki!

Last edited:
Here is from wiki .......read your Fallout bible :D

Richard M. Nixon was sworn into office in January 1961, after beating the Democratic candidate John F. Kennedy in a landslide. Nixon promised the nation that he was going to take a hard stance against communism,

whether it be behind a curtain of iron, or one of bamboo, and headed the "Un-American Activities Force" (UAF), dedicated to purging "radical" elements from the United States government. College professors, union leaders and other "subversives" found themselves testifying before the House of Representatives, often receiving harsh sentences for their supposed espionage.
The first real crisis of Nixon's presidency took place only three months after he had been sworn into office. Believing that the communist government of Cuba presented a major threat to stability in the region, the CIA trained a force of 5,000 Cuban exiles to invade the island-nation, and overthrow Castro's government. After personally delivering a speech to the exiles in Miami, he ordered the invasion to begin on April 17. Within the week, the exiles had taken Havana, forcing Castro to flee into exile himself.

The beginning of 1962 proved itself to be a rather uneventful year for the president, but that quickly changed in October, when the Chinese detonated their first atomic bomb. This stunned and horrified the U.S. government, and in response, the U.S. nuclear arsenal was increased substantially, with routine hydrogen bomb tests in the American southwest taking place several times a week.

I stand corrected!

HOWEVER, theres no reason why Communist Ghoul guerrillas could take over the island? It stands to reason that the Island would also be nuked since it's basically a vassal state of the US. The old order destroyed, the Communists can finally rise up to lead Cuba to post Apocalyptic glory, same as Mexico and Canada!

ok, absolutely NO disrespect to either slaughter or arcangelus, bit FIX THE DAMN FRONT PAGE before you do anything else, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't gain access to it from sword, then scrap the damn thread, but get rid of every piece of outdated crap that is worthless on the thread!

Christ, the DH devs already have a 1.04 version of the game out and you STILL have the crap for installing FallOut onto DH 1.02. WTF??????

And if anyone's still playing DH 1.02, then you are stupid! the damn updates are free so that means your some of the lazyest humans on the planet.

NO where on the first page of this thread do you Slaughter or arcangelus have listed the the last FIX for this mod. and the last fix i know of is FIX-8, i believe. I can't remember cause that last fix had come out a month or so ago.

Sorry for the gigantic rant here, but it's way past time that this was said.

Reactions:
I'm divided between answering and just keep doing what I was doing. By a thin margin, I guess you know what won.
ok, absolutely NO disrespect to either slaughter or arcangelus, bit FIX THE DAMN FRONT PAGE before you do anything else, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't gain access to it from sword, then scrap the damn thread, but get rid of every piece of outdated crap that is worthless on the thread!

Christ, the DH devs already have a 1.04 version of the game out and you STILL have the crap for installing FallOut onto DH 1.02. WTF??????

And if anyone's still playing DH 1.02, then you are stupid! the damn updates are free so that means your some of the lazyest humans on the planet.

NO where on the first page of this thread do you Slaughter or arcangelus have listed the the last FIX for this mod. and the last fix i know of is FIX-8, i believe. I can't remember cause that last fix had come out a month or so ago.

Sorry for the gigantic rant here, but it's way past time that this was said.
Yes, neither of us have access to the front page. Yes,we have considered opening a new thread. No, it won't be before we finish doing whatever is left to do. Yes it will come with a 1.04 version, and probably one for 1.03 as well.

The conversion between versions takes between 20-30 minutes (that's how long it took me at least), however patch 1.04RC1 did add a few bugs that I considered reason enough to not make the transition right away. While I was simply waiting for a more final patch (even if just another RC), there is very little stopping anyone else do simply update the misc file (replacing it with one from either DH works just as fine, if you change the map section) and have a working version if they so desire.

Do you know that not wanting to adopt a radically different military tech tree (that may or not be broken and/or biased, depending who you ask) is a valid reason to not change version, right? (and casualty tracker is not reason enough if you don't agree with the more meaningful changes). Or you may just keep using some 1.02 mod that you don't feel like altering to make compatible with some later version. All that, assuming that you don't star bugging about bugs fixed since then.

But I guess that laziness may also play a factor. Still, I fail to see why the decision of someone else would make me stupid; after all, what has someone else action or inaction with no repercussion on myself or anyone that I care to do with me?

Yes , stop what you doing in RL and clean this thread
Sarcasm is always appreciated :D

arcangelus, i didn't know that you nor slaughter didn't have access to the first page of this thread.

Therefore, i have to apologize for my previous outburst. :(

LOVE the sarcasm commanderx also lol

But you have to admit, my outburst was in interesting way to get you to include your signature arcangelus with the latest fallout fix ..... ok yes that was unintended, but hey i do like sarcasm :p

So.. I just installed this again, I have 1.04 of DH and I got the latest versions of FODD (2.0 installed, then accumilative updates, aswell as the newest ones and the music addon) and when I try to start a new campaign, it gives me an error about the scenario not working. Any idea?

So.. I just installed this again, I have 1.04 of DH and I got the latest versions of FODD (2.0 installed, then accumilative updates, aswell as the newest ones and the music addon) and when I try to start a new campaign, it gives me an error about the scenario not working. Any idea?
Hy, yes please go to the correct FODD thread. NOT this old one.
THe correct one will state that it's for the latest version of DH.
I believe that the correct FODD is called FODD 2.1

Is this mod still in work or it is abandoned?
I ask it for the reason that i am interested-are there any plans to expand the map on the whole world?
Because it is interesting to me to look at post-apocalyptical Europe, Asia and Africa.
If you are interested i even have some ideas, which countries may exist there and how they may be organized.
(yeah i do know that the game fallout itself is only about america, but on the other side the game DarkestHour is only about 20th century;))