• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I ran the installer but there dont appear to be any installed files... quite confusing.

Edit: nevermind, it was going to the D drive instead of C for some reason.

I'd be interested in doing a more detailed, larger version of north america but I don't think I could capture the feel of the natural feel of the DH provinces.

One idea that intrigues me is that because the DH movement is delinked from graphical size we could disort the map to emphasize some areas and de-emphasize others. For example we could consolidate shrink the Atlantic and Pacific territories to free up space for North America without actually needing to change the width of the oceans. We could even go for a medieval map feel by making things heavily distorted but accurately drawn in settled areas and inaccurate in the wilderness. So we get a big California with space for all the factions but Montana gets shrunk.

Just an idea I had while reading your post...

If you had a 2nd, enlarged map of the US AND the DH full map... could you link them (somehow) so that when you are in the US, the maps flips to the enlarged Map, .. in a kind of FTM scenario feature.
It's something I've had in the back of my mind for a while... like in (dare I say it: TotalWar) when you get transported from the map to the battlefield.... but here you'd be transported to a bigger map and it may give opportunities for more detailed and less globally strategic battles... ?? with your Divs being able to be re-worked there, into Brigades and Regiments (probably too much to do?)

Um, not really sure what you are getting at here. I can't make there be two different maps. I could potentially blow up some detailed areas very large, in the same way that DH blows up islands for instance, but I don't think micro provinces like that would be a good idea.

Sword, do you want to set Min active tech teams to 5. It would reduce the advantage for an early conqueror (i.e. player advantage over AI) which is good for balance.

Thirteenth download! The sacred number!

Is there an event to unlock the FUSA power armor division or does it just chill in baltimore for the entire game?

Very nice mod. The only problem for me is that I don't have an "attack" option whenever I send a unit to attack a enemy territory. All that shows up is "Support Attack", I can only attack if use the shift button. Any ideas why the attack option is not automatically present? Other than that, having a fun game as the NCR.

What tech is required to enable the attack mission?

EDIT: Now I saw the messages of the other forumites. Well, in the tech overview I have a "no" for Attack. :confused:

Very nice mod. The only problem for me is that I don't have an "attack" option whenever I send a unit to attack a enemy territory. All that shows up is "Support Attack", I can only attack if use the shift button. Any ideas why the attack option is not automatically present? Other than that, having a fun game as the NCR.

There was a similar glitch in the WIF release last week?

EDIT: sorry meant to say CONGRATULATIONS.. downloading it now.

It's something to do with a default switch. If users look through the WiF thread, the solution is present IIRC somewhere on the 1st or 2nd page. (but I'm busy! Sorry!)

taken from WIF:

Yes it should be.
Can you please check this line in the misc file?
mission = {
# _MISSION_ATTACK_
1 # 0 = disabled by default, 1 = enabled by default

In my misc. folder for the mod it's:

# _MISSION_ATTACK_
1 # 0 = disabled by default, 1 = enabled by default
1.0 # Starting missions efficiency. Valid values: 0.05 to 10.0
1.0 # Speed bonus: (Move time * This / mission_efficiency). Lower the better

I used search and replace command to
command = { type = alliance which = USA} #joining Unity
and I replaced with
command = { type = alliance where = 3} #joining Unity

And it works!

Now two things
command = { type = war where = 3 } #attacking Re-United States
Doesn't work....it is impossible to declare war to faction? That would hurt a lot the end game because you need double event (one that declare war to USA and one to NCR)

Then I put these lines at the end of end_game.txt

event = {
id = 104238
random = no
country = CAL
trigger = {
NOT = {
exists = USA
}
}

name = "EVT_40726_NAME"
desc = "EVT_40726_DESC"
style = 0
picture = death

date = { day = 4 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 28
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1966 }

action_a = {
name = "So? We are the ones that will bring American Unity!"
# command = { type = alliance where = 3 }
command = { type = alliance_leader which = CAL where = 3 }
}
}

Well....the event doesn't start even if I use the console to call it!

First I'm going to do a renovation of the map, further subdividing the west coast territories. You can see preview images in the thread on the other forum. Then I'm gonna give it a sick graphical overhaul to make the maps look like they are handdrawn on US highway maps (because they will be handdrawn on US highway maps). I'll probably try to integrate the DH territories in the areas I'm not overhauling because they are a bit better then vanilla, but the areas I'm overhauling need to be divided smaller then in DH.

I downloaded FODD for the first time ever yesterday and was very impressed and almost dumbfounded with the amount of work that must have taken to do. There is only one word to say:
WOW!

I have Fallout on my old hdd somewhere as I began playing it about a year ago, but never really got into it at all. This makes me think I should reconsider?