• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed there is. :D

Ideas are no problem to create. The only way such material would ever make it into the mod is if someone learns modding and does it themselves.

I'm finishing 2.0.6 today. It's going well. Right now I'm finishing the content for Necropolis and then will open up some Pacific ocean provinces, maybe even adding some islands. Of course, I have to make the mod compatible with the new patch. I'm hoping that could be the cause of the crashes people are reporting recently.

Cheers,
Sword

Update on Release 2.0.6

I made great progress today. Here is the change log to show what has been achieved in this imminent release.

The next step is to make it compatible with the latest DH patch. I'm unsure how long that will take me. Hopefully, the new DH error checking does not reveal too many bugs in the mod. Though of course, it's good if it does as those bugs were lurking in the shadows anyway.

Cheers,
Sword

Code:
==================================
Version:		Release 2.0.6
Date:			??/??/2011
Name:			Fallout's DoomsDay

* Zoomooz detected that changing GDE is not cumulative. You must set the desired level. Amended Industry techs Advanced Armor and New Era Power Armor accordingly.
* I forgot to change the conditions to fire some precursor events to the end game war. They would fire even if the end game war starts early. Fixed.
* Changed the trigger for an early final war to be 140 VPs instead of 120.
* Tripled Stockpile limits multiplier for supplies and oil in \db\misc.txt.  There are many events in the mod that depend on high levels of supplies to trigger, so the previous value is too low for small nations like the Reservation.
* Updated some minor content in the McKane event pool regarding the dates in the mod.
* Adding a picture called hoping_for_a_hero reported as missing from the End Game event The North Star is Shining.
* I updated several attachment pictures and also implemented several custom national attachment pictures. The new pictures for machineguns, motorbikes and 75mm artillery should suit FODD nations better.
* Now that DH allows province pictures even for non urban provinces, I'm reverting several provinces to their original types: Navarro Base (hills), Vault City (mountain), Unimak Island (hills).
* Updated the rebel spawn events so that some now happen in waves with a descriptive event for the player to know what each spawning is about. More spawnings could be added by splitting the main spawn event into smaller groups. Removed hour = x from event timings as it is not recommended to use it.  Found and fixed some bugs in the Marauder spawn events.  Some random spawn events remain.  
* Added commands to transfer of control to REB for each specified province. This can't be done to the random province spawns. This ensures the province goes to Rebel control so nations can then occupy and pacifiy it. We could add every Wasteland province explicitly to the Marauder spawn events to ensure every province is taken over and therefore able to be pacified.
* Updated some scenario nation descriptions to remove references to Hub Reckoning calendar. Also removed a slightly insulting comment in scenario description text for New Republic of Mexico.
* Added a batch file to remove the now obsolete 1936 scenario files from the mod installation.
* Tweaked The New Church AI to focus their agression more on closer enemies.
* Tweaked Manitou Tribes AI to remove their friendship to FUSA and NROM, and make them slightly hostile to FUSA.  This may take some pressure off the New Church if Manitou Tribes get entangled in a war against FUSA.
* Changed Portland province name to Salem to match the text on the map. I must have missed this in the last map update.
* Added the small unit type icons that Vladimir did.
* Found and fixed a small bug in text.csv file.
* Added the new custom minister personalities and supporting text for Gammorin the Last Crusader that Vlad did.
* Added new event that Vlad made to replace the previous free resource events in general.txt event file. This uses new DH event command features to replace the many previous events with one super event. I left the additional event for Solar Power tech as Vlad missed that one. I also found a bug of two duplicate events in the file and fixed that.
* Added events for RCC to ally with Dark Cathedral against Former USA and then betray them later. Should make game harder for Former USA.
* I did extensive work to update the stats granted by minister personalities. The game effects should fit better to their concepts now. Renamed some and rewrote some of the descriptions.
* Updated the AI files which switch by year to have new correct file names starting at 2245.  I am temporarily leaving the old ones in place. Updated the nation inc scenario files which are affected to start with the correctly named AI file.
* Made Spiders more hostile to Manitou Tribes.
* Added Marauder spawn to Harney Basin and Sierra Tribes provinces.
* Added DH commands to persistent cycling events for The Huns to save the date they fire and ensure they don't all fire on reloading from save.
* Reduced required supplies for The Huns event Create the Thunderdome, given the supply stockpile limit.
* Added events for West BoS and Necropolis to ally when West BoS is at war with Kurtz's Camp. It is guaranteed but I need to test whether the game allows the alliance if Necropolis is already allied to Gecko and Kansas Free State. When Kurtz is defeated, Necropolis receives all Kurtz territories.
* I added new criteria to the Unholy Alliance event for Mexican Raiders to ally with Necropolis so they can't ask for an alliance while Necropolis are allied with West BoS. I also adjusted the requirements to be easier: +150 relations are required.
* Hoover Dam was still named Phoenix in province_names.csv so I fixed that.
* Reduced the price for bribing nations to keep the West BoS bunkers open from 125 money to 50.  It is too crippling to West BoS otherwise.
* Merged the1Sean's AI files which contain date fixes inside them.
* Included Reavers nation done by Elitech. Adjusted their start file a bit and merged files in with current mod files. Added ministers, pictures and tech teams. Updated leaders and added a new leader who is also a minister. Created flag and shield from Reavers symbol. Added some more leaders, including some with Wastelands Leader trait. Updated province control events to include Reavers.  Updated AI file to research some extra techs and changed unit priorities.  Changed Scum Mercenary tech to Irregulars and added some techs like Pre-War Electronic Devices.
* Renamed the mod scenario to Return of the Chosen One with a new graphic.
* Fixed two minister files that were missed in the 2245 date fix.
* Improved Necropolis starting resources.
* Arcangelus reported that EVT_101074_NAME was missing from West Caravan Trail event Pioneers Greet the Caravan. Fixed.
* Removed a reference to Hub Reckoning calendar in West BoS event Brotherhood Bunkers Today.
* Merged the three events for choosing player traits in event file General.txt into one. DH supports having more than four event choices.  Thanks Arcangelus!
* Updated \db\Credits.txt. Added people who have reported bugs as they help the mod a lot.
* Added some event chain for Necropolis to contact and absorb the deep ghouls living under the city.
* Found some single quote characters in \db\unitnames.csv file so I removed them. 
* Added unit, army, air and navy names for the Reavers.
* Added a number of ocean provinces in the Pacific.
* Added Midway Island.
* Gave some resources to the islands west of the Aleutians.
* Added tiny resources to Juneau province.
* Added an event to west_politics.txt for NCR to declare war on West BoS should West BoS attack Necropolis or Hub.

exelente

Update on Release 2.0.6

I made great progress today. Here is the change log to show what has been achieved in this imminent release.

The next step is to make it compatible with the latest DH patch. I'm unsure how long that will take me. Hopefully, the new DH error checking does not reveal too many bugs in the mod. Though of course, it's good if it does as those bugs were lurking in the shadows anyway.

Cheers,
Sword

Code:
Version:		Release 2.0.6
Date:			??/??/2011
Name:			Fallout's DoomsDay

* Zoomooz detected that changing GDE is not cumulative. You must set the desired level. Amended Industry techs Advanced Armor and New Era Power Armor accordingly.
* I forgot to change the conditions to fire some precursor events to the end game war. They would fire even if the end game war starts early. Fixed.
* Changed the trigger for an early final war to be 140 VPs instead of 120.
* Tripled Stockpile limits multiplier for supplies and oil in \db\misc.txt.  There are many events in the mod that depend on high levels of supplies to trigger, so the previous value is too low for small nations like the Reservation.
* Updated some minor content in the McKane event pool regarding the dates in the mod.
* Adding a picture called hoping_for_a_hero reported as missing from the End Game event The North Star is Shining.
* I updated several attachment pictures and also implemented several custom national attachment pictures. The new pictures for machineguns, motorbikes and 75mm artillery should suit FODD nations better.
* Now that DH allows province pictures even for non urban provinces, I'm reverting several provinces to their original types: Navarro Base (hills), Vault City (mountain), Unimak Island (hills).
* Updated the rebel spawn events so that some now happen in waves with a descriptive event for the player to know what each spawning is about. More spawnings could be added by splitting the main spawn event into smaller groups. Removed hour = x from event timings as it is not recommended to use it.  Found and fixed some bugs in the Marauder spawn events.  Some random spawn events remain.  
* Added commands to transfer of control to REB for each specified province. This can't be done to the random province spawns. This ensures the province goes to Rebel control so nations can then occupy and pacifiy it. We could add every Wasteland province explicitly to the Marauder spawn events to ensure every province is taken over and therefore able to be pacified.
* Updated some scenario nation descriptions to remove references to Hub Reckoning calendar. Also removed a slightly insulting comment in scenario description text for New Republic of Mexico.
* Added a batch file to remove the now obsolete 1936 scenario files from the mod installation.
* Tweaked The New Church AI to focus their agression more on closer enemies.
* Tweaked Manitou Tribes AI to remove their friendship to FUSA and NROM, and make them slightly hostile to FUSA.  This may take some pressure off the New Church if Manitou Tribes get entangled in a war against FUSA.
* Changed Portland province name to Salem to match the text on the map. I must have missed this in the last map update.
* Added the small unit type icons that Vladimir did.
* Found and fixed a small bug in text.csv file.
* Added the new custom minister personalities and supporting text for Gammorin the Last Crusader that Vlad did.
* Added new event that Vlad made to replace the previous free resource events in general.txt event file. This uses new DH event command features to replace the many previous events with one super event. I left the additional event for Solar Power tech as Vlad missed that one. I also found a bug of two duplicate events in the file and fixed that.
* Added events for RCC to ally with Dark Cathedral against Former USA and then betray them later. Should make game harder for Former USA.
* I did extensive work to update the stats granted by minister personalities. The game effects should fit better to their concepts now. Renamed some and rewrote some of the descriptions.
* Updated the AI files which switch by year to have new correct file names starting at 2245.  I am temporarily leaving the old ones in place. Updated the nation inc scenario files which are affected to start with the correctly named AI file.
* Made Spiders more hostile to Manitou Tribes.
* Added Marauder spawn to Harney Basin and Sierra Tribes provinces.
* Added DH commands to persistent cycling events for The Huns to save the date they fire and ensure they don't all fire on reloading from save.
* Reduced required supplies for The Huns event Create the Thunderdome, given the supply stockpile limit.
* Added events for West BoS and Necropolis to ally when West BoS is at war with Kurtz's Camp. It is guaranteed but I need to test whether the game allows the alliance if Necropolis is already allied to Gecko and Kansas Free State. When Kurtz is defeated, Necropolis receives all Kurtz territories.
* I added new criteria to the Unholy Alliance event for Mexican Raiders to ally with Necropolis so they can't ask for an alliance while Necropolis are allied with West BoS. I also adjusted the requirements to be easier: +150 relations are required.
* Hoover Dam was still named Phoenix in province_names.csv so I fixed that.
* Reduced the price for bribing nations to keep the West BoS bunkers open from 125 money to 50.  It is too crippling to West BoS otherwise.
* Merged the1Sean's AI files which contain date fixes inside them.
* Included Reavers nation done by Elitech. Adjusted their start file a bit and merged files in with current mod files. Added ministers, pictures and tech teams. Updated leaders and added a new leader who is also a minister. Created flag and shield from Reavers symbol. Added some more leaders, including some with Wastelands Leader trait. Updated province control events to include Reavers.  Updated AI file to research some extra techs and changed unit priorities.  Changed Scum Mercenary tech to Irregulars and added some techs like Pre-War Electronic Devices.
* Renamed the mod scenario to Return of the Chosen One with a new graphic.
* Fixed two minister files that were missed in the 2245 date fix.
* Improved Necropolis starting resources.
* Arcangelus reported that EVT_101074_NAME was missing from West Caravan Trail event Pioneers Greet the Caravan. Fixed.
* Removed a reference to Hub Reckoning calendar in West BoS event Brotherhood Bunkers Today.
* Merged the three events for choosing player traits in event file General.txt into one. DH supports having more than four event choices.  Thanks Arcangelus!
* Updated \db\Credits.txt. Added people who have reported bugs as they help the mod a lot.
* Added some event chain for Necropolis to contact and absorb the deep ghouls living under the city.
* Found some single quote characters in \db\unitnames.csv file so I removed them. 
* Added unit, army, air and navy names for the Reavers.
* Added a number of ocean provinces in the Pacific.
* Added Midway Island.
* Gave some resources to the islands west of the Aleutians.
* Added tiny resources to Juneau province.
* Added an event to west_politics.txt for NCR to declare war on West BoS should West BoS attack Necropolis or Hub.

PATCH 2.0.6 IS RELEASED! GLORIA VICTOR!
steampunk-landscape_medium.jpg

Fully compatible with DH 1.02. See first post. Enjoy!

- Brother Paladin Sword

P.S. An updated music pack is being uploaded right now. This adds some great tracks from X-ray Dog and Carbon Based Lifeforms and drops two tracks that perhaps were too contemporary for a Fallout mod. I'll post a link on the first post when done.

Man you are incredible never settled unless its perfect.Either way your Mod is brilliant now and works perfectly.

Thx.

Hi. I really love your Mod, but I get quite a lot CTDs lately. So far its tested with RCC and it almost always happens to me in early Feb 2246. I tried switching music off, unit sprites off, I actually tried almost everything. It happens regardless if I wage war against the Warriors of Ice or if I'm at peace.
I fear that it might have to do with my Windows Vista and playing on a laptop, but I wouldn't bet on it either

Edit looked through the events a bit and thought that it might have to do with the "Railroads again" event, since it should fire around that time. Will try a new game without it again

Last edited:
Hi. I really love your Mod, but I get quite a lot CTDs lately. So far its tested with RCC and it almost always happens to me in early Feb 2246. I tried switching music off, unit sprites off, I actually tried almost everything. It happens regardless if I wage war against the Warriors of Ice or if I'm at peace.
I fear that it might have to do with my Windows Vista and playing on a laptop, but I wouldn't bet on it either

Edit looked through the events a bit and thought that it might have to do with the "Railroads again" event, since it should fire around that time. Will try a new game without it again

Wow, I thought it would be more stable than it's ever been with all the bug fixes done with the help of the additional error checking the DH team have put in. I will check that event and try a test game with RCC. Thanks for the report.

@Kosh, Smitzer
Thanks guys.

Cheers,
Sword

Dissent is always shown to change by 0% in events. The actual shift works fine, though. This is easily fixable: find EE_DISSENT in event_text, and replace %d with %+.1f\%%.
The Control events don't seem to work on my end - they never trigger, and when I tried to do it manually (it was 2251, and I hadn't gotten any of the Wasteland provinces that had been under my occupation since 2245), the wrong event triggers (IE, I write in event 10019346 LUX and Wasteland gets a Calgary is ours event).

Yeah noticed that about the Control Events as well, they never fire.
RCC is definately bugged. Managed to get to endgame war with Enclave and FUSA without any crashes so far. Just RCC (from the nations I tried so far) always crashes. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later. I guess it is something in their events. I think 2 events are the most suspicious in there (1 I noticed when playing as FUSA). The first is the "Railroads again" and the other is the "Look to the North" for FUSA, not sure how the one for FUSA should work with a player controlled Canada, but as FUSA it worked fine and RCC declared war on me right away, but like I said not sure how it reacts on RCC side.

I still don't know why the events in the country-specific event files fail to trigger as they should... but the main Gaining_Control file has a serious issue: the years have not been updated for the new 2245 scenario, so the date and deathdates are in 1936 and 1966, respectively!

Yeah noticed that about the Control Events as well, they never fire.
RCC is definately bugged. Managed to get to endgame war with Enclave and FUSA without any crashes so far. Just RCC (from the nations I tried so far) always crashes. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later. I guess it is something in their events. I think 2 events are the most suspicious in there (1 I noticed when playing as FUSA). The first is the "Railroads again" and the other is the "Look to the North" for FUSA, not sure how the one for FUSA should work with a player controlled Canada, but as FUSA it worked fine and RCC declared war on me right away, but like I said not sure how it reacts on RCC side.
If I may give a suggestion, if the CTD happens again you should check this file (history log): Darkest Hour\history.txt (I hope I am remembering the correct name)
If you scroll to the bottom and post here the last 5 lines or so, they should contain the name of the event that made the game crash. With that it should be easier for SwordOfJustice to identify the problem.