• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hase anybody tested if this works with b2?
edit: ok, missin tech at loading and a crash after some months. I'll wait for the next update ;)
Indeed, if u wanna play this, u should play with 1.02.b1. As stated in a post above urs, 1.02.b2 should be compatible with the next "patch" (2.0.6 of the mod).

Sorry if this has been asked before, but aren't there any tech research problems with the campaign with the 'correct' date? Specifically the since the date is so late and the techs are still calibrated for 1936 or has that been accounted for?

What do you mean? Every techs' year has been changed to fit into the mod...

What do you mean? Every techs' year has been changed to fit into the mod...
Really, did a new version come out? I downloaded it on the first release of the new scenario and all of the techs were still for the 1936 scenario.

Really, did a new version come out? I downloaded it on the first release of the new scenario and all of the techs were still for the 1936 scenario.

As far as I know, 2.0.5 has 2 available scenarios to play - one is the "original" 1936 version (Fallout's Doomsday) and the other is the "new" 2245 Scenario (called Fallout Doomsday 2245) with all the year changes.

Okay, played as Robot Nation up to February 2256, then game began to crash constantly. Destroyed Reservation, Broken Hills, Vault City and Gecko. After that, game become pretty easy. After that, war with New Reno, Kurtz Camp, Necropolis. In Final Outcome choosed Enclave, but didn't joined their alliance. Hub, then great war with West BoS in allianced with Shi and all East Coast. In the practical end of game around 300 natural IC and endless resources, all West Coast (except New Arroyo, which was neutral) is mine. Ending is somewhat predictable.
- There still some events about 1936 time scale, isn't they useless now?
- Isn't there ANY way to surpress partisans, other the many garrisons with police? Closer to end, it became real pain in ... In the end, shoudn't the techs of Autoritorian Machine Rule bind partisan activity?
- From 2255, there is almost nothing for Robots to research. Techs begin to jump from 2257 to 2262, and something like that. What's the point of achieving new cyborg tech teams, if you can't use them at all?
- Can't be in the Final Outcome variant NOT to join any alliances and NOT to begin war with all of them?
- If scouts is some robot analog of special forces, it would be cool to make them real elite units.

Really enjoyed the game, guys. Of course, game is won long before you can use best units and capabilities, but still great. Look forward to play as Former USA.

Hey mate, nice feedback, thank you. I'm glad u enjoyed the mod :)

Okay, played as Robot Nation up to February 2256, then game began to crash constantly.
2256... Eh, thats the most unstable/buggy part of the game - end game. Many controversies have already been discussed about it, i guess many people will be happy to know that another scenario is probably gonna be made WITHOUT the end-game wars/alliances.

Destroyed Reservation, Broken Hills, Vault City and Gecko. After that, game become pretty easy. After that, war with New Reno, Kurtz Camp, Necropolis. In Final Outcome choosed Enclave, but didn't joined their alliance. Hub, then great war with West BoS in allianced with Shi and all East Coast. In the practical end of game around 300 natural IC and endless resources, all West Coast (except New Arroyo, which was neutral) is mine. Ending is somewhat predictable.
Yes, it is usual for a human player to outsmart and beat the AI, wouldnt you agree? ;) Honestly, I believe most people should be able to beat the game with any major (Enclave, Mutants, FUSA, VC, NCR...) as long as they know how to play. Maybe the best way to "see it" is to take Arroyo and kick Enclave's butt and after that take Enclave and kick Arroyo back in the next game :D Yet, if u do not choose them, the AI will battle it out with a different outcome every time. If u want a bigger challenge, I recommend a smaller/weaker nation and/or self-imposed rules (IIRC, there were AARs on terranova where ppl played with self imposed rules such as - only 1 war a year allowed, no gold or supplies for export etc.).

There still some events about 1936 time scale, isn't they useless now?
I believe you encountered some wrong years, its a pain in the butt to hunt down ALL years and change them to the "normal" Fallout (2245+) time frame. Not to get too deep into it, but HoI didnt really support 2245+, so it had to be 1936 as in the game. Since mod switched to DH, DH supports and plays well with any year so we had to change all the files (replace all old years with new ones). It would help if, when you (or anybody else) spot a wrong year, you just made a little report here on the forum or on terranova.dk

Isn't there ANY way to surpress partisans, other the many garrisons with police? Closer to end, it became real pain in ... In the end, shoudn't the techs of Autoritorian Machine Rule bind partisan activity?
Well, partisan/marauder activity is also based on ur policy sliders, I dont know what u did there, so... U might wanna check the sliders. Also, I do not know what ur dissent rate was.
Yes, units (not necessarily garrisons) with police attachments are very effective if u ask me (especially at higher tech lvls)... I didnt have any trouble controlling my "population", it was just a pain in the but to position them right (re-deploy, move units around, make sure that the provinces that have garrisons are bordering or encircling as many other provinces as possible, corner the "unmanned" provinces - lots of different ways to go around it).
As for Authoritarian Machine Rule - Id say it goes the same way it would go with a normal, human Authoritarian rule. There will be humans - the more you push, the more they push back. Nothing will make partisans/rebels go away, especially not force.

From 2255, there is almost nothing for Robots to research. Techs begin to jump from 2257 to 2262, and something like that. What's the point of achieving new cyborg tech teams, if you can't use them at all?
Can u be a bit more specific? It is not that u CANT research anything, it will just take longer. Since the Robots have access to the strongest units in game, it kinda makes sense to have to push to get them. Maybe it will be a little revised if u make a stronger case and/or bigger point with some comparison, but years will not be changed just cause 1 person said so (no offense).

Can't be in the Final Outcome variant NOT to join any alliances and NOT to begin war with all of them?
Erm... No. The human player, if left alone, has too many advantages. Again, a discussion that was on during the HoI2 years of the mod. Forcing u to side with one side or declare war on all is the only way to get a sort of "equilibrium". No other nation in the game can choose to wage war on everybody and stay alive. Except human controlled. As u said above, u already pretty much had everything settled even before the end-war started. How hard would it be to pick off one target after another once the war has started? No, if the end-war is in there, it will stay like this. One of ur own rules could be to decide to stay neutral, whenever the end-war triggers ;)
Most of the things make a lot more sense and have a much, MUCH bigger impact when ur not playing a major. Imagine playing Pioneer Alliance. U have a pretty good game going on, u own 3-4 provinces, everything is proceeding smoothly... And then BOOM - war starts on all sides, who do u side with? Alone, u dont stand a chance. Do u side with Enclave? I mean, they're close, their alliance is strongest, but most of their allies are far away, will u be able to stand against PSZ alliance? Or do u side with PSZ + Arroyo, though they're a bit weaker, but in exchange u have a bit safer spot cause ur in the middle, no warring borders? U choose Enclave and dont manage to stand on ur own against Arroyo... Oh well, next time u choose PSZ, thinking its gonna give u a little time to prepare and all of a sudden, another BOOM, NCR + WBoS sides with FUSA and u just got "screwed", with enemy armies advancing from the south... CHAOS I tell ya! :D Of course, thats just 1 of the possible scenarios.

If scouts is some robot analog of special forces, it would be cool to make them real elite units.
What exactly do u mean? Other races have scouts too and they're not that "special"...

One thing we should do is have another multiplayer game once 2.0.6 is flashed out :) I loved our little MP games and I invite everybody to join us :) P.s. They say I'm aggressive in MP, dont believe them ;)

There are other little changes that will be implemented in 2.0.6 (including a new nation hopefully).

Again, we welcome all and any feedback. Although, keep in mind that saying "this doesnt work, I want it changed" wont do much good - try and elaborate and/or give examples.

See ya all

There are any plans to expand on this mod's premise and make other scenarios focusing on other continents? Europe, Asia... I think these would be nice additions to the game, though it'd mean a lot of work indeed.

Nonetheless, congratulations for your work, and many thanks for bringing us this excellent mod. ;)

There are any plans to expand on this mod's premise and make other scenarios focusing on other continents? Europe, Asia... I think these would be nice additions to the game, though it'd mean a lot of work indeed.
Yes, hit the nail on the head there, you did. It would mean a lot of work, a lot more than the 3-4 of us active ones could hope to accomplish in a fathomable future... Hence the reason we are always "recruiting" :)

We invite anybody and everybody who's interested in doing any work (just playing with certain text files can be a lot of help) to join us :) We could always use more help and we have a very friendly community.

If we would, hypothetically, form 2-3 teams of 3-4 people, I believe finishing Japan would be a realistic goal. For everybody who doesnt know, there is already something of a 2/3 finished FoDD Asia which plays on the map of Japan & eastern Asia. Finishing that and incorporating it into the "main" mod would open up the gameplay significantly (especially for the "seafaring" nations, such as Shi, Enclave...).

Hi people, I am new here and this is my first post. I'm so glad to be a part of a community that creates and plays some of best strategies there are. :)

I am playing Kaiserreich mod and before I downloaded it I knew what was is about (what's the storyline)...

What is this doomsday's story, premise etc? I'm unable to find anything in this thread.

Hi people, I am new here and this is my first post. I'm so glad to be a part of a community that creates and plays some of best strategies there are. :)

What is this doomsday's story, premise etc? I'm unable to find anything in this thread.

1st of all - welcome (ili bi trebao reć dobrodošao :) )

2nd - u might find some more "premise" here ---> http://terranova.dk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=348

Last edited:
So I just installed the exe and the 2.0.5 patch, however the game crashes when I am about to enter the game (after I select a nation) what gives? It's just install the exe and copy paste the patch folders into the sub-directory in the DH mod folder right?

FoDD is only compatible with 1.02.b1 (new exe), so if u updated DH to the newest patch OR u have an old patch, it will not really work.

It just crashes? Thats odd. It doesnt give u any crash report or error? If it does, please post it.

Yes, u have the installation right. Install 2.0 and then patch it up by copy paste. So I really wouldnt know what the problem might be EXCEPT maybe what I wrote in the first sentence - that u do not have the correct version of DH.

I have just finished adding a new nation that Elitech made for the mod: the Reavers. You can read about them here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Reavers

They have been updated to match the mod which starts in 2245 currently and are now in Cape Girardeau.

Patch 2.0.6 is going nicely but I have little time per week for modding right now. I can't give a date when it will be released but there are not many action items left to do.

Cheers,
Sword

Present - maybe unit icon for Caesar's Legion mech troops?

NWHtN.jpg