• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fürstbischof

General
17 Badges
Jan 25, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
More (and better) random leaders for AOD

While working on the VIP:R RandomLeaders.csv file I'd found many inconsistencies, plain errors and glaring omissions. After searching the forums for suggestions and doing some minor research I was able to revise and expand the file. Parts of my changes have also been added to AOD's randomleaders.csv file which was in dire need of a revision. AOD's leader names were often a combination of names of regions and cities plus the occasional set of warship names.

In addition to some mass deletions the RandomLeader.csv files from vanilla Ricky, VIP:R and vanilla AOD have been revised and expanded by re-using lists of names. This allowed to expand several countries. Several suggestions from the forums have been integrated to improve the overall quality. Supplanted by my own research you'll now have a set of far more reasonable and correct names for your random leaders.

A revised country.csv file which is needed to actually see most of the changed names ingame is also provided. (but be careful: my country.csv file might cause problems with other mods which also have changed this file)

Detailed list of changes:

In total, the number of names listed was increased from 3719 to 5689.

TAGs with newly added list of names:
ALB, ARG, ARM, BHU, BOL, BOS, BRA, CHL, CMB, COL, CRO, CSA, CZE, DDR, DFR, ECU, EGY, ETH, EUS, FLA, GEO, GRE, HUN, IND, LIB, MEX, PAR, PER, PRK, PRU, QUE, RUS, SAU, SCH, SCO, SIA, SLO, TEX, TUN, VEN, VIE, U16, UA0, UA2
TAGs with list of names not used before:
U70, U71, U73, U75, U76, U77, U78, U79, U80, U81, U82, U83, U84, U85, U86, U87, U88, U89, U90, U91, U92, U93, U94, U95, U96, U97, U98, U99
TAGs with expanded lists of names:
AST, AUS, BEL, DEN, ENG, EST, FIN, IRE, JAP, KOR, NOR, ROM, SWE, YUG
TAGs set to use a better fitting list of names:
URU changed to ARG
NEP changed to BHU
PAN changed to COL
TEX changed to CSA
ICL changed to DEN
CYP changed to GRE
MOZ changed to POR
IRQ, JOR, LEB, SYR, YEM changed to SAU
ALG, LBY, MOR changed to TUN
MTN, SER, SLV changed to YUG
COS, GUA, HON, NIC, SAL changed to U78
TAGs added by v1.11 and v1.12 which now use a better fitting list of names:
UA6 changed to BEL
UA4 changed to CAN
U31 changed to CUB
U10, U17 changed to FRA
UA3 changed to GRE
U19 changed to IND
UA8 changed to IRE
UB0 changed to POL
U44 changed to ROM
U08, U12 changed to RUS
UA5 changed to SAU
U14, UA1, UB3, UB5 changed to SOV
U07, UA7 changed to USA
U24 changed to YUG
U15 changed to U91
TAGs for which the names of the European colonial officers have been disabled (by using #):
U70, U75, U80, U81, U84, U85, U86, U88, U90, U91, U93, U94, U95, U96, U97, U99

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Download links

The expanded randomleaders mod is now bundled with my expanded hotkeys mod and my expanded armynames/navynames/airnames mod.

FileFactory

Installation

Simply extract the content of the .rar file in your game's main directory. To allow for an easier installation (and also removal) of the mod I've included JSGME (JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler), which is a mod-enabler. Start the JSGME.exe, mark the mod (hotkeys+ OR armynames XXL OR RandomLeaders) and then click on the arrow button in the center, which is pointing to the right side. Then the installation of this mod is being done. De-installing is done by clicking the arrow button which is pointing in the opposite direction.

For more information re: installing my mods and using JSGME check the AOD_mods_readme file.

Last edited:
Credits

The changes to the AOD randomleader.csv file are based on the vanilla Victoria RandomLeader.csv file and also on the changes made by VIP:R which provided some additional names. Several posts suggesting additional random leader names collected from several forums have allowed me to revise and expand the VIP:R RandomLeader.csv file which served as a basis for changes made to AOD's randomleader.csv file.

Many thanks to the team of VIP:R.

Special thanks for their helpful suggestions to Alqamar, Apollon, Chanda "Phillip V" Choun (now "Jayavarman"), NicholiDiamond, Secret Master, Tunch Khan and unreliable.

Wow, incredible work!