• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1821 - 1399 = 422.
1 century = 100 years, hence 422 years = 4,22 centuries.
Not 6. :confused:

Its been mentioned:

The game will be pushed back to 1336 so players will be able to decide if they wish to initiate the Hundred Years War. The game will be ending in 1836 as it has been requested by the majority of the community so that it is now 500 years of gameplay. We are thinking about pushing the gameplay back around 100 years more, so hence 6 centuries, but we feel this may overlap with the CK2 timeline.

;)

Ignore Metz, people. He is a troll.

The start and end date remain the same, as no official word from paradox on this issue has been given.

@Metz, your quote doesn't link to the actual message dude ....

I think it might have been a joke hence the ;). However it may be that he linked to the wrong message.

I really would have hoped for more Daimyos, but Shogun system seems awesome. Can't wait to hear what you've done to China!

//Edit: 14th century, 15th century, 16th century, 17th century, 18th century, 19th century. The game doesn't last six centuries, but it takes place during six.

The Daimyos weren't really rulers of states, but rather powerful local political figures. They can only really be modelled in a CK-like environment with characters and family trees; failing that, though, they have to be abstracted. As someone in another thread pointed out, the four Daimyo states featured in DW are in effect the more or less enduring local alliances that existed in Japan, which claimed legitimacy from actual Daimyos that lived before the game's timeframe. Hence the name/dynasty distinction; 'Fujiwara' then, is just the name given to the abstract alliance of Daimyos that existed in the northeast of Honshu, the historical territory of the actual Fujiwara dynasty.

About changing daimyos. Every different one would require a different "country" and as a lot of you already know it's not good to add to many countries into this game.. How many new countries would it take to get it "right"? 20? 30? I hope not..

Gotta love the new TI. :D