• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stupid thing ... i figured out why it crashed its because Gamersgate 2.04 download is without the patch fix which you gotta get from this site now when i apply that it works ... omg i feel so sad wasting my and you're time on that when all i had to do was to check if the patch from GG was enough

I've had one crash so far withy 2.04e

Will there be used the correct DEF/TOUGHNESS issues?
That is something ONLY PI can fix. But the DLC requires some of those techs to be researched in order to get other techs and research. So the units don't benefit but you get other things.

Just for planning... should i wait starting a new game till there is a patch for the "evil black counters" or will that be within the next few weeks?
There is one 'patch' out that has one SS unit but an official patch for those units won't come for a few weeks.

That is something ONLY PI can fix. But the DLC requires some of those techs to be researched in order to get other techs and research. So the units don't benefit but you get other things.

There is one 'patch' out that has one SS unit but an official patch for those units won't come for a few weeks.

What's the link to the "SS patch"?

ok..so ..i had to install everything from the beginning...hoi3 - sf2.04d - sf2.04e - dies irae...ok it worked for me...nice mod ....another question...if a copy my hoi3 folder and install ice 3.3.3 do you think iam gonna have problems??????

ok..so ..i had to install everything from the beginning...hoi3 - sf2.04d - sf2.04e - dies irae...ok it worked for me...nice mod ....another question...if a copy my hoi3 folder and install ice 3.3.3 do you think iam gonna have problems??????

My guess is yes. That's why in my earlier post I said that you should maintain a clean no mods version then just copy that entire folder and give is a new name whenever you want to play or experiment with a mod.

Why I think you will have problems is because ICE and the DLC use very differnet tech screens.

I didn't read through the whole thread, so if (any of) this has been answered, sorry. But..

Is it normal that units are able to upgrade.. to themselves? I.e. infantry can upgrade to infantry, motorised to motorised, etc. Edit: Interestingly, L. Panzer seem to be an exception. They can only upgrade to Panzer.

There's a type on the description of the starting Battlecruisers. "Powerfult" should be 'powerful.'

Pionier units say "slow" in the description, but they move 8kph? Cav say fast and they only move 5.

VIIIth party congress text conflicts self. 5org/5pop or 10org/10pop? Which is it?

Also, I thought a couple things were a bit too expensive.. Too many supplies (5,000?!) for the HG Regiment, and $1000 for the Olympics. Very difficult to come up with the cash for all the events that come in '36. Had to skip out on the 4 year plan entirely.

The light cruiser flavor types are one below what they should be. Emden is the "Coln" class, the Konigsberg ships are "Emden" class, and the Leipzig/Nurnberg are "Konigsberg" class. The Battlecruiser and Battleship classes may also be messed, unless they change when I finish Large Ship Radar and get upgraded.

The starting ships have "KMS" in their name, but ones you build do not.

That's all so far. Nothing too major. Also, I can research the subs just fine?

Edited: One more thing.. Can't upgrade infantry to jäger - is that intended?

Excellent. I need more reports like that guys! This is really helping! :)

The only problem I have encountered so far is that the game crashes everytime I attempt to switch a unit leader. It will do this for any of the scenarios. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Semper Fi runs just fine. Only encountering this problem for Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung.

Patch to 2.04d and 2.04e.

The only bad thing was getting Norway to 50 relationship. I could never get them to agree to any trades. Not sure if any tweaks were done here but it meant that no swedish metal for me. Maybe you guys did this to force the 1940 invasion there?

Yep, you can try to make them happy with influence and micro trades but mostly you will have to attack.

My guess is yes. That's why in my earlier post I said that you should maintain a clean no mods version then just copy that entire folder and give is a new name whenever you want to play or experiment with a mod.

Why I think you will have problems is because ICE and the DLC use very differnet tech screens.

yes you were right...it doesnt work...another bug i have with dies irae is that i cant see air units on the map when i select them in an airfield!!!! thats weird....

A lot of events and decisions (at least early in the game, I have just played unitl mid 1937) take away large amounts of Money, so that I am always with 0 or next to 0, because I can never pay for it and I get negative Money. Should this be tweaked or you did it to reflect Germany money problems?

A lot of events and decisions (at least early in the game, I have just played unitl mid 1937) take away large amounts of Money, so that I am always with 0 or next to 0, because I can never pay for it and I get negative Money. Should this be tweaked or you did it to reflect Germany money problems?

Money deficits go away by the second day. Just trade away 30 or so supplies to the SU and you won't have money issues. In fact the very first trade you should do as Germany is trading supplies to the SU. Lower relationship means higher price so this is the best time to do it. And the added bonus is your next trade for metal or rares with them will actually be cheaper.

Issue: Italy (ally) stays at war with France & UK after I accept an early peace.
Situation: 1936, Italy offers me an alliance, I accept. I remilitarize the Rhineland, France declares war. Italy and I destroy the French defenses, I get the event "make peace or Belgium and Czechoslovakia will attack", I choose to demand reparations, France accepts. I am now at peace with France & UK, yet Italy is still at war, and soon will be utterly destroyed by their combined forces while I can do nothing to help.

Issue: Italy (ally) stays at war with France & UK after I accept an early peace.
Situation: 1936, Italy offers me an alliance, I accept. I remilitarize the Rhineland, France declares war. Italy and I destroy the French defenses, I get the event "make peace or Belgium and Czechoslovakia will attack", I choose to demand reparations, France accepts. I am now at peace with France & UK, yet Italy is still at war, and soon will be utterly destroyed by their combined forces while I can do nothing to help.

Good, it will be fixed. But you should apply 2.04e in order to get rid of this alliance bug. I don't think you should be able to have anyone in your alliance before 38.

glad it worked, though in all honesty, I merely passed the idea around. credit goes to someone else (too lazy right now to look up the proper name)

In the "Danevang's Dies Irae" thread in the mod forum, I saw there were heavy discussions on unit status (i.e. reserve, regular, elite, ss). The idea is that different units will receive equipment, training, fighting ability, morale, etc according to their status. That is indeed a very exciting proposal and I'm wondering if this has been implemented in Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung? (AFAIK, the elite units can be activated by events and research). If not, will they be included in the upcoming patches? I can't wait *drooling...*

So has anyone won the war yet? Anyone lose the war yet? Only report so far was a player having issues in Poland because they started late. If you did finish please let us know if you thought it was harder or easier than vanilla.

Finally, were there any changes to the difficulty options?

Good, it will be fixed. But you should apply 2.04e in order to get rid of this alliance bug. I don't think you should be able to have anyone in your alliance before 38.

STEAM & Paradox Interactive is not a very good combination I've found (issues with patching both Darkest Hour & Hearts of Iron 3). I'll try to patch it manually.
Thanks!

I'm having difficulty with the map. Specifically, it's all turning up purple. No, seriously. Also, the new seazones aren't populating properly.

I started with a copy of my main HOI3 folder (includes SF, 2.04e), deleted the map cache, and added the files from the downloaded (pre-installed to a dummy directory first). This seemed like good practice to me, but no joy. What am I doing wrong?

I'm having difficulty with the map. Specifically, it's all turning up purple. No, seriously. Also, the new seazones aren't populating properly.

I started with a copy of my main HOI3 folder (includes SF, 2.04e), deleted the map cache, and added the files from the downloaded (pre-installed to a dummy directory first). This seemed like good practice to me, but no joy. What am I doing wrong?

I didn't delete the map cache when I did my install. Maybe that was it or maybe the Germans went all gay.