• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, sorry Danevang.
Perhaps it's a good idea to put this info in the OP or somewhere else where it can be found easily without having to read all 100+ posts in a thread?

You launch Common Weapons as a mod in the launcher, right? You also do that with DI:G...so how could they be compatible when you can only launch them one at a time?

You launch Common Weapons as a mod in the launcher, right? You also do that with DI:G...so how could they be compatible when you can only launch them one at a time?

I don't own Common Weapons, so I didn't know that. I was thinking about buying it though, since DI:G doesn't contain units like motorised artillery, mot. anti-tank and mot. AA and I was hoping Common Weapons combined with DI:G would make it possible to play with these units in your new DLC. The new DLC isn't compatible with the ICE-mod either, so I'm afraid I'll have to do without these nice units for now, or is there another way to get these units while playing DI:G?

I don't own Common Weapons, so I didn't know that. I was thinking about buying it though, since DI:G doesn't contain units like motorised artillery, mot. anti-tank and mot. AA and I was hoping Common Weapons combined with DI:G would make it possible to play with these units in your new DLC. The new DLC isn't compatible with the ICE-mod either, so I'm afraid I'll have to do without these nice units for now, or is there another way to get these units while playing DI:G?

Assault guns are in DI:G, but the others will have to be modded in if you want them. But there are many other new units in DI:G to play with instead: Coastal, medium range and long range u-boats, Afrika Korps infantry, mechanized and panzer, elite units like Grossdeutschland, Panzer Lehr, Herman Göring division which you losse permanently if they are routed, and so on, so there should be enough to play with untill someone decides to mod more in. :)

This sub-mod for Dies Irae: G adds as in ICE Light/medium/heavy Tank destroyer and Assault and Heavy Assault Gun. Also it contains atleast one Waffen-SS unit from the start Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (incl black counter).

I am unable to the see the model correctly on the map or productions screen. By model I mean the picture of the unit and the human model to the left of the description of the unit. It appears the unit model is oversized and takes up the entire left hand side to the left of the unit description.

Please someone upload a screenshot about that and be totally sure you are installing DI:G over a clean and never modded install of HOI3+SF+2.04e.

On 1st February I'm getting the event "War of the Rhineland in France" and suddenly I'm at war with the French and the UK. Does that mean the French declared war on me through an event or is my "War of the Rhineland" event bugged and happens automatically?

Bug Report: Playing as Germany, there is no notification if France uses its Rhineland War Casus Belli. In February 1936 I first discovered I was at war when I got a message that I'd lost a province to France. Its pretty game breaking.

War of the Rhineland: I started from the view that most players use the foreign event notification, it seems this is not the case so I'll make an event to notify germany and only when they hit "ok" they will be at war. Sorry about that. :)
I strongly advise you to check the notification settings, you might lose a lot of information from the game if you keep the default settings.

poland doesnt exist anymore, i have a border with soviet union. but barbarossa doctrine tech is unresearchable, tooltip says i have no border with commintern?????????? BUG

This must be a bug, I'll look into it. I guess Poland still exists as a GIE and then you don't have a solid border against SU (just the poland provinces which you don't own). I'll fix that by puting some province control stuff (if you control warsaw or something) as long as the common border. :)

Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung is compatible with no mod or previous DLC. If you want them to be compatible you have to do the compatibility work by yourself (or wait until someone do it).
We didn't make both DLC compatible because that would mean make hundreds more 3D model pictures, and this is neither quick or easy. ;)

I'll update the first post tonight with all the information needed. In the mean time please continue to report the bugs and for the GFX ones please upload a screenshot or two.

Have a good day gentlemen.

--edit: Submarines: I'll look into this too.

Last edited:
Danevang could you please respond to my message on page 6 really looked forward for this game but now i'm just left outside in the cold tho i did all i was asked it still refuses to run tried starting different years tried a new clean install of HOI3+SF fully patched same issue when i start the game it works but when the first event pops up around 1day into game it crashes to desktop with no error ...

Specs are amd T1090 6core 8Gigs DDR3 ati 5870 windows 7 64bit

Game is HOI3 from Steam SF from Gamersgate and DI from Gamersgate

Last edited:
Danevang could you please respond to my message on page 6 really looked forward for this game but now i'm just left outside in the cold tho i did all i was asked it still refuses to run tried starting different years tried a new clean install of HOI3+SF fully patched same issue when i start the game it works but when the first event pops up around 1day into game it crashes to desktop with no error ...

We can't do nothing about that, this is either bad uninstallation (be sure you delete EVERYTHING, I mean manually press the delete button on your HOI3 directory) or an engine problem. If your next try doesn't work either you should go to the technical support.

well i own every single DLC and small expansions to HOI3 as i play it alot so when i reinstall i make a new sub folder never had any issue with that before now :(

Gonna try a new new install without sf see how it does

Last edited:

Game is HOI3 from Steam SF from Gamersgate and DI from Gamersgate

Hey sorry, I try to answer as many questions as possible, but some I miss. As we're not employed by Paradox, we read and answer all this in our free time, so we're not quite as fast as Paradox support...well, in theory at least. Hehe.

It sounds very strange that you get CTD at the first event, and it doesn't sound like a problem with the DLC, but some software/hardware thing (as no one else has reported it). I think it's out of our expertise (being modders with not access to code or such), so I suggest that you report the problem in the tech support forum.

ok thanks for respond :) gonna try something new installing it on my laptop which i normally never install games on and only use for work but ive never had any issues with anything this is the first ive had to report

also thanks for youre time :)

ok thanks for respond :) gonna try something new installing it on my laptop which i normally never install games on and only use for work but ive never had any issues with anything this is the first ive had to report

also thanks for youre time :)

You're welcome, and good luck with it, I hope you get it to work. I know the feeling when something you've just purchased doesn't work. :/

Just played through de 5 first months of the 36' campaign. Everything great so far. You really did an awesome job.

Just a little question, is the patch on gamersgate the 2.04e ? Because I used that one and in march, without me doing anything special, Italy proposes an alliance.

Just played through de 5 first months of the 36' campaign. Everything great so far. You really did an awesome job.

Just a little question, is the patch on gamersgate the 2.04e ? Because I used that one and in march, without me doing anything special, Italy proposes an alliance.

That's a vanilla thing I think, I get that all the time too with vanilla 2.04d and e. :)

Stupid thing ... i figured out why it crashed its because Gamersgate 2.04 download is without the patch fix which you gotta get from this site now when i apply that it works ... omg i feel so sad wasting my and you're time on that when all i had to do was to check if the patch from GG was enough

All I can say is that, as i reported on Twitter, Hearts of Iron III Semper Fi: Dies Irae Götterdämmerung is a MUST HAVE addition to HOI3.

Thanks!

Stupid thing ... i figured out why it crashed its because Gamersgate 2.04 download is without the patch fix which you gotta get from this site now when i apply that it works ... omg i feel so sad wasting my and you're time on that when all i had to do was to check if the patch from GG was enough

Well at least it's working now, yay. :)

All I can say is that, as i reported on Twitter, Hearts of Iron III Semper Fi: Dies Irae Götterdämmerung is a MUST HAVE addition to HOI3.

Thanks!

It took a long time to do, so it's really good to see that people are enjoying it. :)

I don't understand the Submarine bug you are talking about guys. I launched '36, '39 and '44 campaigns and in all of them I can research the U boats techs (except for the coastal one in '44 because the tech is limited to 3 levels).

I got hoi3 complete on steam with all dlc,wanna try this but cannot understand how does it work...it seems I need to switch from sf to this and viceversa whenever I like to use one or the other,hmmm,this isn't any addon,it's a mod,right?