• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't understand the Submarine bug you are talking about guys. I launched '36, '39 and '44 campaigns and in all of them I can research the U boats techs (except for the coastal one in '44 because the tech is limited to 3 levels).

IN my current game it´s late 1936 and to research the long range sub it says I must get a flag (sorry don´t remeber the name) before. When am I suppoused to get that flag?

Minor bug: IN the research tab, the numbers that appear above research, espionage, officers and diplomacy have dissapeared.

By the way, now Germany actually loses crude. That´s great¡ No more Germany getting crude out of nowhere.

Is in the future there will be 2 engineers like it is in DiDay mod? I love DiDay just for it, I like engineers with 10km speed:cool:

We won't add many units, this is not the scope of the DLC. We may add some though, as free patch but more fun stuff than actual useful units (remember that the AI can't use the new units so it's unfair to have better units).

I got hoi3 complete on steam with all dlc,wanna try this but cannot understand how does it work...it seems I need to switch from sf to this and viceversa whenever I like to use one or the other,hmmm,this isn't any addon,it's a mod,right?

Check the first post of the thread about Steam launch options. :)

IN my current game it´s late 1936 and to research the long range sub it says I must get a flag (sorry don´t remeber the name) before. When am I suppoused to get that flag?

Minor bug: IN the research tab, the numbers that appear above research, espionage, officers and diplomacy have dissapeared.

By the way, now Germany actually loses crude. That´s great¡ No more Germany getting crude out of nowhere.

Please make a screen of your numbers bug. Long Range are available in '37.

Sorry for an unrelated off-topic.

I've purchased HOI3, SF, and the DLC from GG. I'm a registered user of this mod forum but for some reasons I am not able to post a message nor download mod materials from the mod forum.

I appreciate if you could point me to the right direction for help.

At first glimpse it looks AWESOME! I had a hard time getting into HOI3 before but this just...... feels right. Thank you!!!

2 minor spelling mistakes that I noticed:

1) When you click on any HQ it says "Organises trroops under it's command" instead of "troops"
2) In the Tech tab under Operations it says "Weserubung" instead of "Weserübung" (you got the special characters right everywhere else as far as I can tell)

I hope you sell a gazillion of these so we can get more for the other powers too!

It does indeed look very, very good! Thank You! Just adding to the typo-report above: it should be "its command" without the apostrophe, because it is not a short version of "it is", but rather "it" with genitive. This is an exception to normal genitive formation in English and therefore mistakes often occur.

I didn't read through the whole thread, so if (any of) this has been answered, sorry. But..

Is it normal that units are able to upgrade.. to themselves? I.e. infantry can upgrade to infantry, motorised to motorised, etc. Edit: Interestingly, L. Panzer seem to be an exception. They can only upgrade to Panzer.

There's a type on the description of the starting Battlecruisers. "Powerfult" should be 'powerful.'

Pionier units say "slow" in the description, but they move 8kph? Cav say fast and they only move 5.

VIIIth party congress text conflicts self. 5org/5pop or 10org/10pop? Which is it?

Also, I thought a couple things were a bit too expensive.. Too many supplies (5,000?!) for the HG Regiment, and $1000 for the Olympics. Very difficult to come up with the cash for all the events that come in '36. Had to skip out on the 4 year plan entirely.

The light cruiser flavor types are one below what they should be. Emden is the "Coln" class, the Konigsberg ships are "Emden" class, and the Leipzig/Nurnberg are "Konigsberg" class. The Battlecruiser and Battleship classes may also be messed, unless they change when I finish Large Ship Radar and get upgraded.

The starting ships have "KMS" in their name, but ones you build do not.

That's all so far. Nothing too major. Also, I can research the subs just fine?

Edited: One more thing.. Can't upgrade infantry to jäger - is that intended?

Last edited:
PLEASE HELP...i downloaded Dies Irae on my desktop...then copied alla files and folders to my copied vanilla hoi3 sf 2.04 E faolder...iam trying to launch it but a message about an exception error and missin files occurs...what seems to be the problem here?..am i doinf something wrong?.....

The mod will not show in the Launcher. This is the only Mod I have downloaded and it will not show. Any explanation?

So far, so good. My only minor concern is the generic unit names for army units. I thought that if you built a regiment then it would have the correct classification, i.e Gebirgsjager Regiment instead of the generic term. Is it possible to produce units with the correct title?

Take a look of the brigade name mod in the Mod Forum.

The only problem I have encountered so far is that the game crashes everytime I attempt to switch a unit leader. It will do this for any of the scenarios. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Semper Fi runs just fine. Only encountering this problem for Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung.

This happened to me a couple of times too, until I reshuffled my troops along the border with France. Seems this event has something to do with the amount and location of your divisions along the border: too many troops in the Rineland provinces and France sees you as too big a thread to remain at peace. At least that's the only reason I can think of.
First off you only need 2 (TWO) units to recapture the Rhineland. Keep the rest away from the border. This should greatly diminish the chance that Franch DOW's you. Just have them two provinces away incase the random number gods hate you.

I didn't read through the whole thread, so if (any of) this has been answered, sorry. But..

Is it normal that units are able to upgrade.. to themselves? I.e. infantry can upgrade to infantry, motorised to motorised, etc. Edit: Interestingly, L. Panzer seem to be an exception. They can only upgrade to Panzer.
This was in vanilla and in many other mods.

Also, I thought a couple things were a bit too expensive.. Too many supplies (5,000?!) for the HG Regiment, and $1000 for the Olympics. Very difficult to come up with the cash for all the events that come in '36. Had to skip out on the 4 year plan entirely.
Just pay it. You go into deficit but in one day that is gone. The only potential downside is that a trade or two might get cancelled due to you having no money. And before anyone asks this is how it was in vanilla.

I installed HoI3 then SF then DI:G, then I installed the latest patch. Was I supposed to install the patch before DI:G? So far it seems to be running good.

Here is a sequence on what should be done.
1) Install HOI3
2) Install SF
3) Install latest official patch (currently 2.04d)
4) Download and installl patch 2.04e. (This is just the hoi3.exe file so it is NOT hard to do).
5) Now copy this entire directory (Assume C:\Paradox\HOI3 or wherever you placed it) to a new directory (Call if C:\Paradox\HOI3 modified)
6) Install the DIG mod to this new directory (C:\Paradox\HOI3 modified)

For those that have steam or use multiple installation directories you need to be aware of a couple issues. First off when installing from GamerGate it looks at the registry and tries to find the HOI3 installation directory. THIS IS THE CASE OF MANY STEAM ISSUES SINCE THEY RENAME IT IN THE REGISTRY.

I'll give advise for Steam in a second. For all other installations you download the EXE from GamersGate and it defaults to the HOI3 directory (C:\Paradox\HOI3 in this example). DO NOT INSTALL IT HERE. Instead install it to a temp folder. The reason is because the GamersGate installation program places the files in a HOI3 subfolder (HOI3\GFX and HOI3\MODS). What you need to do is simply copy the GFX subfolder to the C:\Paradox\HOI3 modified folder. This replaces and adds the new GX files. Then do the same thing for the MODS subfolder only copying it to C:|Paradox\HOI3 modified.

For Steam the problem that many encounter is the GamersGate installation program searches the registry for HOI3 and when it can't find it it ends with the error that HOI3 was not installed. You have two solutions here. The easiest is to wait for the Steam version and remember that for all future purchases never use Steam.

The other alternative is to modify the registry (which you should only do if you KNOW WHAT THE F YOU ARE DOING) or you can search for where GamersGate places the temporary files on your PC and then copy from there. I haven't used Steam in sometime but I thought I read that they also have a new application that can help in these situations so you should probably read their site for help.

Bought it at Gamersgate today, but still hadn't the time to look on it...

But 2 Questions:

Will there be used the correct DEF/TOUGHNESS issues?

Just for planning... should i wait starting a new game till there is a patch for the "evil black counters" or will that be within the next few weeks?

In my game I have not encountered any bugs or wierd things. I noticed the large money costs for decisions but I also knew that any deficit is removed the next day so it had no impact on me. I'm at January 1939 and things seem to be just like normal. I do feel techs are taking longer to research but that might just be my perception and not reality. All events worked just fine and are historic so far. I really like the options with China and will explore that in future games. Nat Spain won after about 4 or 5 months and I got the Condor units. Japan has defeated all of China by late 1938.

The big tests will come over the next day or two when I fight Poland, France, fight the sub wars and then build up for SU. I found it interesting that in order to get some of the elite units I had to research heavy tanks. I normally skipped these in my games but now have to spend leadership on them. Nice touch.

The only bad thing was getting Norway to 50 relationship. I could never get them to agree to any trades. Not sure if any tweaks were done here but it meant that no swedish metal for me. Maybe you guys did this to force the 1940 invasion there?