• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Delete the cache. Start HoI3 again to build up the mapcache(without DLC), then start with DLC... the mod folder doesnt support "maps". If you have no mapcache, you crash :)

Yeah guys please report gameplay thoughts and if you manage to win the war in '36 etc. I want some little AAR inputs for my balance. :)

In the "Danevang's Dies Irae" thread in the mod forum, I saw there were heavy discussions on unit status (i.e. reserve, regular, elite, ss). The idea is that different units will receive equipment, training, fighting ability, morale, etc according to their status. That is indeed a very exciting proposal and I'm wondering if this has been implemented in Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung? (AFAIK, the elite units can be activated by events and research). If not, will they be included in the upcoming patches? I can't wait *drooling...*

That isn't implemented, and won't be in any patches. It would require a major rework and rebalancing of too many things.

Noticed that when the four year plan event fires and I chose Industry emphasis the infrastructure doesn't actually appear. Kolberg and its region still have 80% just like before... at least in my game.

Hey guys.
I'm enjoying so far the DLC. It's really eye-candy. Also I loved the events and techs.

About the AAR thing, I'm in Dez/39.
Ost Front...
Poland was pretty easy (500k - 700k fully mobilized soldiers + 24 Tactical bombers). That's kinda ok, no problem on this front. Poland shouldn't be a problem anyway.

West Front...
I've managed to create about 24 INT + 12 Multi-role fighters, so my Luftwaffe is crushing the allies very easily. The Heer on the West Front is with almost the same size as the Ost Front (700k soldiers) and they've breakthrough the maginot line. Here I think we need some balance... AI is defending poorly the region. France will completely fall by Jan/40.
A few skirmishes between my Long Range subs and the Royal navy, they've managed to flee so far. No concrete opinion here...

General...
Resources: not a problem so far, I'll have a concrete opinion while in Barbarossa... There is when I'll feel the hit.
Alliances: Italy and Hungary. Trying to get Romania and Nationalist China.

That's all.

I have a few questions about the Japan/N.China war.
1. Keeping full support to N.China is a guarantee that Japan will fall? They're stuck but N.China can't advance either.
2. Is there an event chain for China unification after the war? I'll be able to ally with an all mighty China or just with N.China?

Spain
Is there event chain to ally with them or must be through normal diplomacy?

Anyway, so far I can say: good job :)

Cheers,
Tedesco

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a short question:

As far as I remember, in one of the developer diaries it was noted, that the main map will have the style of the old German Kriegsmarine maps with grids.

In my version just the mini-map has this look but not the main map.

Do I have to copy some files from the mod folder like with the intro pictures?

Best regards

Michael

OK, problem solved. In my game options the "advanced water" was not ticked.

Please disregard this post.

Last edited:
At the moment I am preparing for Barbarossa in 1940, the Invasion of Poland in July 39 went smooth as usual but france was a gigantic pushover, I garnisoned the Maginot-Line with 7 3x Inf+ 1x LArm Corps, but then I noticed that they had left one Province unoccupied, which enabled me to push into france while the Poland-Attack was still ongoing, France surrendered around 10 Days after Poland did, around 4 weeks into the war. Weserübung and the attack on Yugoslavia worked like they usually do. My attempts at performing sealion with the usual 2 Marine-Corps+ 1 Arm Corps failed horribly due to the garrisons the brits now finally use, but I think it will be doable, albeit challenging using a full Army or even Army Group.

Oddities I have noted thus far: The tooltip of the "Operation-Barbarossa"-Tech is misleading, it says "Neighbouring Country must be member of the Comintern" while in reality it is possible after SU has annexed the 3 baltic minors (or at the date this decision becomes available, can't say that).
The event which gives the Italian submarine-flotillas says leaded while it should be lead (at least I think so, but my knowledge of english is a bit rusty)
Operation Tannenbaum seems underpowered, as it lowers the neutrality of the USA by 50, which imo brings them to close to joining the allies in 1939 than I am willing to risk. Also the Boni are not THAT nice to justify such a gigantic risk, probably it's a typo and should mean 5?

My game is freezing when I try to switch leaders. I did mod the German leaders a little bit (Bumped up the skill of a few leaders like Rommel, Von Manstein, and Guderian). Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm going to do a fresh reinstall but I would still like to mod that file again. Will this be possible or will any changes in the leader file crash the game?

It's installed verified that the files are there. My problem is that the launcher does not give me the option to pick a mod. It is a launcher problem not a program problem in and of itself.

My game is freezing when I try to switch leaders. I did mod the German leaders a little bit (Bumped up the skill of a few leaders like Rommel, Von Manstein, and Guderian). Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm going to do a fresh reinstall but I would still like to mod that file again. Will this be possible or will any changes in the leader file crash the game?

If you do that first go into the game without modifying any files. Make sure it works. then change the eladers and if it bombs you have your answer.

It's installed verified that the files are there. My problem is that the launcher does not give me the option to pick a mod. It is a launcher problem not a program problem in and of itself.

Most likely the folder HOI3 was placed somewhere under your ral HOI3 folder. Look for it and copy the GFX and MOD folders to the right spot. This should fix your problem.

Devildread, I know people have been having problems with not being able to research u-boats. The solution is to install Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung over the game. I accidentally installed the mod over 2.00 SF and when I installed 2.04e over the game I wasn't able to research u-boats. It was fixed, like I said, by just installing the mod again.

I'm either missing something, or it's not there. Is there a manual telling me what the "Operations" do long-term, or are the effects from the tooltips 'it'? By this i mean, if for example I research Fall Weiss is there a specific timetable for me to attack Poland? For Fall Barbarossa, if I then *don't* attack Russia, is there a penalty? Call me cautious if you will - I just prefer intel and recon! :)

Noticed that when the four year plan event fires and I chose Industry emphasis the infrastructure doesn't actually appear. Kolberg and its region still have 80% just like before... at least in my game.

dont know about Kolberg but there are 2 faulkenbergs(sp) that are at 80% only one went t o 100% when i did that option. so check see if there is 2 kolbergs

hope this helps

I'm either missing something, or it's not there. Is there a manual telling me what the "Operations" do long-term, or are the effects from the tooltips 'it'? By this i mean, if for example I research Fall Weiss is there a specific timetable for me to attack Poland? For Fall Barbarossa, if I then *don't* attack Russia, is there a penalty? Call me cautious if you will - I just prefer intel and recon! :)

I believe the effects of the Operations tech is universally permanent. Could be wrong though. The tech will give you a decision to declare war with some added effects.
Example:
Op. Barbarossa: Surprise attack on Soviet Union -75% land org
-50% regain rate

Thanks for the mini AAR guys, I am looking forward to read your impressions on Barbarossa (the big deal of the DLC). :)

I will strengthen France I think, I have put some modifiers in order to make it weaker because in vanilla I find France harder to defeat than Soviet Union but maybe I need to de-nerf a little (and make the Maginot line really useful).

Be sure you have the 2.04d and 2.04e patches installed.

There is no manual but I'll try to make one.
About Operation they give you some hidden bonuses you will have to discover by yourself (combat events mostly) but besides that, they grant you with:
- historical decision (or historical plan) to pick within a year of its historical date
- the tech bonus in itself (if any)
If you don't pick the decision you have no penalties. You can either research the tech and declare war with the game mechanics by yourself 5 years later. Your call.

Be careful if you don't attack Russia, it may attack you. ;)

I will strengthen France I think, I have put some modifiers in order to make it weaker because in vanilla I find France harder to defeat than Soviet Union but maybe I need to de-nerf a little (and make the Maginot line really useful).
I think France was pretty easy to beat in the 1936 campaign in vanilla. In fact everything was easy there so making any opponent weaker is probably not a good idea.

Well this thread is here exactly for this reason: reports and input from the community. :)

The more you report how easy this is, the harder I'll make it. ;)