• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have noticed that the german armoured divisions start the game (1936) with 3 awards. Is this WAD? By the way, I guess awards will be related with experience so, does that mean my armoured divisions start the game with 60 experience or so? How much experience is needed to get the next award?

By the way, what is the Luftwaffe infantry unit?

One more thing, although the very same problem was present in vanilla: The NUMBER of brigades is correct (for example, 1st artillery regiment, 2nd artillery regiment, then 3rd…) if you build them at the same time, but if you, for example, build 10 artillery brigades, and, after having finished, start building another 10 artillery brigades, number will overlap, so you end with two “1st artiller regiment”. Can this be fixed?

Awards are just a graphical experience show so yes, units starting with 25 xp will have some awards already (but only minor ones).

Luftwaffe Infantry : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luftwaffe_Field_Division

Can't fix the number of brigades.

Strange but fantastic war!

Right, First of all; I love it!

Doing my thing, not really 100% focused...But war is going well; France is about to fall; Denmark, Clock-country all about to go down its around 1940; Yes I was abit aggressive but still no worries; Obviously the US is dragged into the war.
Havent bothered handling that as I just wanted a quick run thru to see the events and such!

But something is a bit off, not sure what...All of a sudden I notice!:
Sovjet is at war with the US (and the rest of that cuddly bunch)

(Quickly toss a save! and quit; need to continue playing for real when not dead tired)
Im fairly sure the rest of the war will be just fantastic!

I've noticed that no matter where I start the game (whether it's 1936 or 1944), all the researches under the "Theory" tab stay at the 1918 level. Is this WAD or a bug that needs to be fixed? This doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

Kevin

Vanilla is the same. Don't see anything wrong with it.

However, might want to edit that photo.. contains .. symbols not allowed on this forum.

Devildread: I was using 'R' to merge, (always do) but it wouldn't let me physically move the regiment over. I could click the button and nothing. I could click the Falls reg. over into the General Goring unit, so it wasn't a problem (just merged the other way).

I have some bugs to report.
1.- every arising window event has the number of the event, not the title of it and in some ocasions there are not emerging windows with information about your decision.
2- the southern provinces of the french border, like Baden or its adjacent province to the south does not "exist", if i click on them nothing happens, and i can´t move troops there.
3. It is a bit messy when you open the window of a brigade that the close button is not visible, i have to click on the map on top of the window to get that button visible.
By the way, fantastic work, thank you.

1.- every arising window event has the number of the event, not the title of it and in some ocasions there are not emerging windows with information about your decision.
2- the southern provinces of the french border, like Baden or its adjacent province to the south does not "exist", if i click on them nothing happens, and i can´t move troops there.
3. It is a bit messy when you open the window of a brigade that the close button is not visible, i have to click on the map on top of the window to get that button visible.

That all sounds like some problem with the installation or something, provinces not existing and weird button behavior and such. I'd try to reinstall HoI3, patch it and install the DLC again.

I have a few questions about the Japan/N.China war.
1. Keeping full support to N.China is a guarantee that Japan will fall? They're stuck but N.China can't advance either.
2. Is there an event chain for China unification after the war? I'll be able to ally with an all mighty China or just with N.China?

Spain
Is there event chain to ally with them or must be through normal diplomacy?

Anyway, so far I can say: good job :)

Cheers,
Tedesco

Nat.China/Jap:
1. There is no guarantee and this is not likely that Japan will lose if he is only at war with China (this will become a stalemate until you do something, send planes for instance). If he is fool enough to declare against USA there is more chances. There is still the AI and its choice that can make all that completely random (one campaign with quick victory, the other with bitter defeat).
2. No unification, you can declare war to those countries and help China annex them tho.

Spain:
No event chain, you have to use diplomacy with vanilla settings (I believe you need to control either Moscow or London but I'm not sure).

DLC is english only, so you won't have localization in other language.

-----

I just finished the first row of the patch thanks to your comments, please continue. Here's the temporary changelog:

BE SURE YOUR INSTALLATION OF HOI3 IS CLEAN AND PATCHED TO 2.04D AND 2.04E
IF YOU INSTALL AN HOI3 PATCH, YOU NEED TO REINSTALL THE DLC

BUG FIXES
- fixed some model text
- added some missing models
- fixed some typo in localization
- fixed the Blomberg/Fritsch affair bug making the ministers not to disappear
- deleted some foreign events not relevant to Germany
- deleted the dissent increase in Anschluss and Czech annexation
- fixed Czech tank models (38t)
- fixed Foreign Wehrmacht event text bug
- fixed battle of Paris event not popping sometimes
- changed operationnal tech prerequisites to be easier to plan ahead
- fixed the bugged Barbarossa Operational tech prerequisite
- Italy will always annex Ethiopia
- fixed some overcomplicated strategic effects triggers
- General Winter will now last from november to march
- fixed some battle events triggers
- captured equipment bonus is now 3% IC efficiency
- battle of Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad and Sevastopol are now handled via decisions in order to have the event ASAP
- fixed the relocation of Soviet Capital bug (could happen twice)
- fixed the german-soviet agreement reapearing after bitter peace
- switched the two lowest naval leader rank names
- disabled the long range submarine event, now you have to research the tech by yourself
- fixed submarine positionning with wrong stats tech upgrades
- fixed ||| symbol for regiment instead of the brigade's X
- changed the odds of the Rhineland War to happen (happen less often)
- fixed the NSDAP popularity/org appearing twice bug in the nuremberg rally
- deleted KMS prefix to OOB ships
- infantry can now be upgraded to jägers
- fixed the bug when Italy stay at war against allies after the peace of the Rhineland events
- reduced the impact of the french high command strategic modifier
- halved the neutrality loss for USA when you attack Swiss

ADDITIONS
- Austrian troops named in their starting OOB with German names for anschluss
- added officer boost after anschluss
- added an allies/comintern peace decision if they happen to be at war due to some bug (won't fire if Germany and Soviet are allied)
- Soviet Union will never declare war via decision on Germany if they choose to be allies during the MR pact
- added the lost of at least x% of core land prerequisite to the soviet bonuses (no more general winter if you are not enough deep in russia)
- added some free troops for UK in Afrika in order to help them if Germany research the Afrika Korps tech
- added some morale penalty to choose from the battle lost events
- added some manpower to USA
- added some manpower to Soviet Union
- added german name for brigade/regiment names in the production screen
- Afrika Korps units are now buildable!
- added an event when France declare war on Germany in '36 in order to warn the player about all this
- Elite units now cost 0 supplies but appear in the construction queue (hence cost IC and time to build)
- the whole maginot line is now full of victory point (+7 points, -7 in Paris to balance) in order to have the AI garrison it for real

@Danevang: I took care of the models picture bugs so you have nothing to do. Just relax and enjoy having a work-freak as co-developper. ;)

Nat.China/Jap:
1. There is no guarantee and this is not likely that Japan will lose if he is only at war with China (this will become a stalemate until you do something, send planes for instance). If he is fool enough to declare against USA there is more chances. There is still the AI and its choice that can make all that completely random (one campaign with quick victory, the other with bitter defeat).
2. No unification, you can declare war to those countries and help China annex them tho.

Spain:
No event chain, you have to use diplomacy with vanilla settings (I believe you need to control either Moscow or London but I'm not sure).

DLC is english only, so you won't have localization in other language.

-----

I just finished the first row of the patch thanks to your comments, please continue. Here's the temporary changelog:

@Danevang: I took care of the models picture bugs so you have nothing to do. Just relax and enjoy having a work-freak as co-developper. ;)

Thanks. Though I can't relax, only from this. I'm going at the speed of light on the CK2 portraits. Blink, and I'm gone. :D

Is the Four-year Plan working properly? I didn't get the 10% IC bonus + 10% IC Efficiency upon selecting "Heavy Industry Focus". At least the tool tip for the IC icon doesn't show that the strategic modifier is in effect...

Is the Four-year Plan working properly? I didn't get the 10% IC bonus + 10% IC Efficiency upon selecting "Heavy Industry Focus". At least the tool tip for the IC icon doesn't show that the strategic modifier is in effect...

I am sure you got them but (as me) you have been fooled by the fact that sacking your minister (which gets a +10 % IC as trait) will leave things almost the same. Only thing you gain from this decisions is the +5% IC effectiveness bonus (if, before taking the decision, you have the +10% IC minister. If you have another one then I guess you´ll get the +10% IC boost)

Check your strategic modifiers, you should have it (but you need Goering in armament minister post).

Hi,
You have the launcher in your HOI3 game folder of STEAM.
It is called hoi3.exe!
While STEAM just added the shortlink to the hoi3game.exe..

So you coud also play it with STEAM. :)

But maybe P should have some talk with their partners and advice them somehow about all the upcomming DLC's and their easy use for the customer.. ;)

Maybe even Danevang and Devildread could report this to P.
(But I think that they maybe already know about it, as it was already reported someday..)

Kind regards,
Chromos

I've got Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword and when you click Steam link to play it, it automatically opens launcher. So I guess if it is possible to have launcher with one product by default, it should be possible to have launcher with the other by default also. With a little publisher - retailer interaction that is.

Check your strategic modifiers, you should have it (but you need Goering in armament minister post).

Thanks! "but you need Goering in armament minister post" proves to be the key! I thought I'd be able to take advantage of the resource bonus from the other minister.

Thanks! "but you need Goering in armament minister post" proves to be the key! I thought I'd be able to take advantage of the resource bonus from the other minister.

This is the whole point of the minister events. You can have some bonus but not that big and they always come with penalties. This way you have some choices you can make before the war starts. :)

DD, dare I ask how your initial sales are? You'll get one from me later today btw, looks awesome and EXACTLY like I want my HOI 3. Can we have an appointed Italian volunteer to do this for Italy?

Hello there.
Great DLC so far! I've encountered something i think is not WAD. France declared war on me during the Rhineland occupation, and the war was on. After a while Poland entered the war as well. So far so good. I was getting pushed back on the polish front, but was gaining ground against France. I get the "peace or war with Czechoslovakia and Netherlands (i think)", and i choose peace with reparations. I get peace with Fr and GB, however i remain at war with Poland, and they are still allied to France. Is that WAD? Poland falls pretty quick and becomes a GiE in France.

Old Guard Leaders. Hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em. Especially as Germany, who have good leaders to spare; I'm aware that they play a role for other nations. The AI has no clue how to use them (never, or maybe for Garrison divisions), and they just get in the way.

Please could you bring back the "fire them all" event/option from ICE?

I dont know if this issue has been mentioned but I'm having a slightly annoying issue with the unit info pop-up. When I select a brigade to see the 3D soldier and stats it pops up with the exit button below the bottom edge of the screen. This means every time I look at the pop up I have to drag it up a little bit to exit. It fits on my screen, but just pops up too low. Anyone else have this? I'm playing in 1280x768 if that matters.

Also, while yes, you may go into debt to pay for it, it's quite steep. $1000 within the first year (not to mention multiple that cost $100-250) is a bit much to ask. I'm not thinking a significant reduction is needed, maybe ~20% less for each. So 4,000 supplies for the HG Regiment, and $800 for the olympics? I don't know, haven't put a lot of thought into it. On the bright side, at least it forces you to make choices the way it is.

Is there actually supposed to be a new (ocean) map? I have the normal map.. with a sort of overlay on top of it. The overlay doesn't affect the standard sea provinces for me? I'll take a screenshot if this isn't the way it's supposed to be.
To point one what I'm saying is that if you agree and spend the 1000 you go into debt. I was in debt for 738 in money. But by the second day my debt was at zero. The vanilla game removes negative money and set it to zero. So basically the cost of these decisions are the lesser of the stated amount or the amount of money you actually have.

On point #2 the modified sea zones of DIG overlay the vanilla sea provinces. You should see both of them but the only ones that actually work are the original. the news ones are for look and feel.

This is the whole point of the minister events. You can have some bonus but not that big and they always come with penalties. This way you have some choices you can make before the war starts. :)

Ah this explains why I never got the four year plan evenets. I never used him as armamnets minister.

BUG NOTICE:
It might just be my resolution but when looking at ships like the Bismark the popup window is larger than my screen. It takes a bunch of crazy mouse movements to be able to see the close botton. I need to check to see if this happens for planes and land units. I came across it late last night when I wanted to make the Bismark the "Pride of the Fleet".

Probably NOT bug but it is different:
Research seems to take longer and it seems we have lower leadership. I'm at August 1939 and will start the war. Usually by this time all my infantry, artillery, tanks have researched AND upgraded to 1940 tech levels. I'm still not done on the research and about half of the units still need to be upgraded. I follow a very precise plan and start researching these in early 1938. So it just seems to take longer. Was there changes to difficulty on research. In addition I'm doing 28 or 29 research projects while in vanilla I was able to do 32 or even 33. Has leadership points been reduced? This coupled with the need to research heavy tanks does make for interesting choices now.

I'll report on Poland and France tomorrow. I went with a very traditional build that includes navy, planes and land unit. I didn't want to 'take advantage' in the very first game.