• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
does this mean, u get HQ´s for free....when u start a new war?
U dont build HQ´s anymore in HoI3 ...all free ?

I think it means that Theater HQs are special regions assigned to predetermined geographic areas.

By having troops in a theater region you get a theater HQ for that region.

So maybe West Europe, East Europe, Urals/Siberia, India, East Asia, North America, Central America, South America, Australia, China, Africa, and Middle East are all pre-determined theaters.

Thus having any troops in any of those areas means you get an "HQ" for the area.

At least that's what I understand from the quote.

Would work very well in terms of SHAEF (Allied theater in West Europe) vs OKW (Axis theater in West Europe) + OKH (Axis theater in East Europe) VS STAVKA (Soviet theater in East Europe)

The 2nd screen shows this West/East Europe division.

Last edited:
Im still interested if its possible to add:
1. resources like food or rubber
2. installations like ... i dont know :rolleyes: something... maybe research facility

I will also ask for confirmation here. I would hypothesize that we can do quite a bit with installations, but being certain would be nice.

Why wouldn't it be in?

Well, just want to be sure, with the transfer to the new engine, that didn't support scenarios before.

Are the symbols modable nation specific?

- brigade symbols
- counter symbols

How are the dimensions for symbols in the counter? 72 * 52 pixels? (to prepare some modding :D)

Can i mod in that i can not build airplanes without a airfield, a ship without a port? ( And can i be even more specific and mod in so that i can not build a super heavy battleship without owning the biggest port ? )

Are the symbols modable nation specific?

- brigade symbols
- counter symbols

How are the dimensions for symbols in the counter? 72 * 52 pixels? (to prepare some modding :D)

I think that the counters are international.
So the same were/are used in China, USSR, NATO, Iraq......

Would work very well in terms of SHAEF (Allied theater in West Europe) vs OKW (Axis theater in West Europe) + OKH (Axis theater in East Europe) VS STAVKA (Soviet theater in East Europe)
Maybe u confuse something. As i am German i know what OKW or OKH meaned.

OKW was Oberkommando der Wehrmacht = High Command of the Armed Forces
so meaned all 3 Forces together.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberkommando_der_Wehrmacht

while OKH was only the part for the Army: Oberkommdo des Heeres.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberkommando_des_Heeres

same was OKM for Marine (Fleet) Forces.....or OKL for the Luftwaffe (Airforce)

Well, the day based start is out, so logically speaking scenarios are back. (And there was a poll about scenarios some time back.)

Yes, my question is how modable are they?

Great update!

Now where is that video you promised? ;)

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I had to leave when the DD was posted and just returned now:

Since this is about modding, are certain things now moddable that weren't in HOI2, like could we add a completely different type of brigade or division?

(edit, just re-read it, it says yes, for brigades, but what about divs)

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I had to leave when the DD was posted and just returned now:

Since this is about modding, are certain things now moddable that weren't in HOI2, like could we add a completely different type of brigade or division?

(edit, just re-read it, it says yes, for brigades, but what about divs)

The divisions are nothing more than a group of brigades.
How can new types of divisions be introduced?

Oh goody I presume I will finally get an answer to my question.

Only concerned with making possible graphical changes to the map without affecting game play.

Are the textures for mountains, forests etc. similar to EU3 in .dds files that appear as tiles with appropriate masking on the campaign map or is it a large texture map like in Rome.?

I am assuming because the map is so large it will be like EU3 with a terrain folder including two large colormap.dds and colormap_water.dds

Cheers

For the paradrop option, I was looking forward to a click box on the unit which could be selected to enable a unit to paradrop.

ie, a mountain unit, selected this way would loose a % of equip and % of org, and have the paradrop capability enabled. When unit arrives, unselect the option to enable regaining of equip/org.

ie, this way the evacuation of an armoured unit could be accomplished - and could correctly simulate the abandonment of all its equipment. Same way, the transport of a mountain div could be simulated.

The big question is will HOI3 enable para landings on friendly territory? ie, in HOI2, it could be only done on enemy controlled lands. ie, you could not in HOI2 paradrop a unit onto friendly space (ie, circumstances where you wanted to drop a blocking force into a friendly city to hold off the attacker while you rushed in defenders.