• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good questions. But regardless of answers, I would never build a single thing in my vassals' holdings.
Not even Universities in the cities and Monastic Colleges in the temples? I feel having those tech level 3 buildings before anyone outside the muslim world is a nice thing, to me anyway. ;)

Even though my vassals don't like me more, I will indeed build the income buildings in every subholding where I planted my demesne to level II. The mayors have more money to finish upgrading the cities faster and I can rake in mad cash within a century and as I manage to kick up my city tax level to harsh. The ROI may start off small but really balloons, sort of like any long term investment designed to build wealth.

Thats also what I have been doing, but I am getting sick and tired of handling rebellions...

As a compromise give the kingdom out to a your culture/religion branch of the family and let them go through the tiring process of converting it for you...

It's worth building the tech buildings in your provinces, certainly in your capital. The monastery ones especially because they are so cheap.

With the tiny amount of tax you get from feudal vassals its never going to make economic sense for you to build them castle villages. You may want to make them stronger but you would probably do that better by building them military buildings instead.

Last edited:
Can I somehow conquer country in one war now I have only got one province per war?

You can request invasion cb from the pope but you only can get it for bigger realms than your own. You can take whole duchies if you are de jure king of that area and press someones claim that is in your court or realm for the tittle. After you win the duchy will be under your kingdom but only if its part of your de jure kingdom. You can invite claimants to your court if you don't have anyone with the claim.

You can also press several claims for tittles in one war if you yourself have the claims and they are owned all by the same person or part of the same realm.

Does the game really end at 1466? Or could I continue on my campaign even though the goal is over? If not is there and mods that extends the playable years?

It ends in 1453. There are mods that remove the time limit, though. CK2+ has a module that does that, I believe. I'm sure there are others.

You can request invasion cb from the pope but you only can get it for bigger realms than your own. You can take whole duchies if you are de jure king of that area and press someones claim that is in your court or realm for the tittle. After you win the duchy will be under your kingdom but only if its part of your de jure kingdom. You can invite claimants to your court if you don't have anyone with the claim.

You can also press several claims for tittles in one war if you yourself have the claims and they are owned all by the same person or part of the same realm.

You can also get the Invasion CB if you have a primary title claim. I.E. if you've got a claim on the kingdom of France, you can request invasion no matter your size.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever gotten a Lower Crown Authority Plot to work? I was playing as a Duke in HRE. I waited till High CA. Needed Primogeniture. Was #1 Pretender to Throne. Started Lower CA Plot nobody would help me even with gifts. WTF!

I'd imprison your wife for adultery :p

Anyone else thinking that you should have to provide a reason when you imprison someone. Even if it is completely made up?

Now, I have undoubetdly heard the answer at some point, but as far as steam goes how can you prevent the switch to 1.05 happening immediately. Not that I'm not looking forward to it, really, but I'm smack in the middle of a game, using a mod that probably won't work in 1.05, so I'd prefer to wait, see if I can't finish it out, or at least get a little farther.

So how do I do that?

You either take steam to Offline mode untill your current game is over, or you copy the entire game folder to another location and continue the game with that version, while still letting the main steam version be updated.